Respect

Stop all that lying CLEB... There's no way in hell a program of the caliber and prestige of Southern University recruited Pitre (let them tell it)!!
Hell no we didn't. Well I know we didn't offer him. Coaches recruit everyone early. C. Brown was the only PV player that SU offered. Stump didn't want Hebert.

we didn't recruit Louisiana as much this year with the change in staff..only kid I think we even sniffed that SU got was the big lineman from Plaquemine who was wavering until the last minute
Look at this dude lie lmao. SU jumped in real late and signed him. PV was on that kid hard.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
the new staff came on in late January so who was recruiting him at PV from November to January? The air?

Brown wasn't the best offensive player at the time on his team as his teammate Darius Edwards was the one everyone wanted

Those darn Texicans are in here still acting like combined they have more than 1 football championship in 50 years (1/2 century) hailing in the 4th largest city (one bird right outside in the country). The aforementioned 2 are truly Texas Sorry (Everything is Big in Texas...lol)

laughing_smiley.gif

these women don't care about no world class restaurants..lol...they come to Houston and its Pappadeauxs for happy hour...its so good, their building a new one in Pearland

again, I saw it in the recruiting process as we had nothing to show and flipped a few kids....would've done more if the staff had time...

Flipped who? LOL. Man Worm nor Banks are worried about yall in recruiting. Now that the NCAA is off our back for past failures. It is on. If a kid went to play ball at PV over being able to drive at least 45 minutes to an hour to go to a Pappadeaux's that they can't afford so be it. LOL. You come up with some crazy logic,

Young women who don't know any better flock to that type of place for Happy Hour. Trust me, the dime pieces with class outgrow those kinds of places because it attracts men that don't really have nothing but game. LOL. BR got enough spots for them young folks to go. They can only afford so much anyway. Ain't like Pappadeaux is full of students from TxSU and PV at Happy Hour. These are grown folks who are out of school and honestly, most of them women are not even college grads. Stop selling it like the college kids pick your two schools for Pappadeaux or any restaurant. Kids want to see if their Dorm has. What the new stuff on campus etc. Sheesh.

we didn't recruit Louisiana as much this year with the change in staff..only kid I think we even sniffed that SU got was the big lineman from Plaquemine who was wavering until the last minute

the days of an impact player such as Clyde Edwards leaving Houston for Grambling or a Ryan Lewis going to SU are long gone....now, usually they'll go once the Texas schools don't show much interest....

Lake Charles is no-man's land as they'll go anywhere but Texas is very appealing to them

Really? We just had an impact OL from Houston area graduate. All SWAC OL at that who helped open holes up for an All SWAC 1000 yard RB. He also kept our former All SWAC QB Dray Joseph upright for his last 2 years. BTW, Ryan Lewis was a one year impact player. He had to wait until Wofford was gone. And even then, we had other RBs that were good. Stop acting like SU has not gotten anyone from Houston to make an impact on the team.

This ^^^^^^^ cannot be true. I vehemently disagree. Surely lil' ol' PVAMU didn't out recruit those prestigious football schools. Ol' 80 game consecutive losing streak PVAMU... Surely. :( *smh*

Man, no one is buying that 80 game thing. PV is past that part of their history. The thing is now that you tasted a title under Frazier, can you recruit well enough to get back to that type of season. You are no longer a doormat in the SWAC. Which is a good thing. But the foundation Frazier laid was not kept up by Heish and now you are with another Coach in Simmons. So let's see if this is an improvement going forward. Right now excuse us Jags for not being worried about recruiting battles with PV or TxSU considering we have beaten both teams since Big Worm has taken over full time.

Good luck on your recruiting efforts Grambling and Southern!

LOL. Okay C-Leb.

Good look with whatever yall decide to do with Asberry after this season. I am sure you are already looking forward to Basketball season again.:)

You had Zach Browne, a fbisd grad, that was it as William Waddell or the lindsey kid have not panned out like some thought...

Name some more please....

Did you know austin Howard could've been a panther? Damn near was if the trigger was pulled

Y'all sure getting sensative over pappadeauxs...that's all we gotta sell when they graduate

Papppadeaux? lmao....That generic shiznic? GTFOH! Just because you put Opelousas Blacken or Ponchartrain whatever on the menu doesn't make it authentic. When folks want the real stuff they Geaux to Louisiana. So an athlete is going to Texas to get some fake stuff huh? Well they may as well come to Georgia and a bunch of other places too because that shiznic isn't only in Texas......lol.

laughing_smiley.gif

You had Zach Browne, a fbisd grad, that was it as William Waddell or the lindsey kid have not panned out like some thought...

Did you know austin Howard could've been a panther? Damn near was if the trigger was pulled

Y'all sure getting sensative over pappadeauxs...that's all we gotta sell when they graduate

Please. Have you been lately. Not as many college grads hang there. Lol

You had no chance at Howard. None. Dray already had him locked up. And his coach is a SU grad. Stop making up stuff. Lol.

And all I had to do is name one. You made the claim we had no impact player since Ryan Lewis. Waddell got beat out by another Texan for playing time. Lindsey has played. He had to take care of his grades. And Houston High Schools have sucked lately in football. Lol.

Not like PV has Houston on lock. We get enough Texans. Just try to stay on field with SU this year. You are back to being homecoming bait.

Papppadeaux? lmao....That generic shiznic? GTFOH! Just because you put Opelousas Blacken or Ponchartrain whatever on the menu doesn't make it authentic. When folks want the real stuff they Geaux to Louisiana. So an athlete is going to Texas to get some fake stuff huh? Well they may as well come to Georgia and a bunch of other places too because that shiznic isn't only in Texas......lol.

laughing_smiley.gif

TBF grasping at straws. The folks in Houston even say Pappadeaux has dropped off. I rather eat at Don's in BR.

And most just go for the drinks now. He act like PV getting players over SU because of a restaurant no where near PVs campus. Lol.

Howard was in play, know the whole story...just like trey walker from tsu and why he was not offered

Again, jr name an impact player from the area as the ones you named weren't offered by PV as in some cases the last staff got a player from br that was the same type kid....forest brook used to be a hiding spot cause the principal would look out for SU and not talk up certain players to give them to Pete but those days are long gone

I mentioned pappadeauxs as that's all young folks talk about when they can come to Houston or Dallas for a weekend...why, I don't know but those parking lots stay full for a reason. And then they love it and move here for life

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
This is why some schools will never be a dynasty. Their fan base think to small time and petty.

Last edited:

Like JR said, as long as SU offered, nobody had a chance at Austin Howard. Dude been hanging around and going to SU games for years. Saw him dominate SU's 7 on 7 camp as a sophomore.

Have a great season Southern University and Agricultural & Mechanical College Jaguars and Grambling State University Tigers!!!

Howard was in play, know the whole story...just like trey walker from tsu and why he was not offered

Again, jr name an impact player from the area as the ones you named weren't offered by PV as in some cases the last staff got a player from br that was the same type kid....forest brook used to be a hiding spot cause the principal would look out for SU and not talk up certain players to give them to Pete but those days are long gone

I mentioned pappadeauxs as that's all young folks talk about when they can come to Houston or Dallas for a weekend...why, I don't know but those parking lots stay full for a reason. And then they love it and move here for life

Dude, name one impact player from Houston that has taken SU on his shoulders to any of our titles? We have never needed a Houston player to be our dominant guy. We have had a couple of guys since the early 90s to do something. Others were good role players. But the stars have mostly been from the boot. The greats. So stop with this we can't recruit Houston mess and that PV has taken them all. Hell your best players aint even from Houston. So why are you bumping your gumbs about Houston. I have no issue with Houston the city. But people aint moving there because of Pappadeaux's. LOL. They move due to jobs or maybe some relatives and friends there. Sheesh. Right now, Houston is taking some hits due to the Oil prices dropping. So don't act like everything is all good. Haliburtion, GE Oil and Gas and others are slowing down right now. Plenty of folks I know have lost their jobs. The Space Center ain't what it used to be either with jobs. Thank goodness for the Medical Center and Medical industry period. You do realize you can't fool me into this perception that Houston athletes have decided to not go to SU or Gram to stay home to go to TxSU and PV. Where are your Houston impact players. If anything, your school needs them since its in your home state. SU don't supposed to have more impact players from another state than the state it is in. That makes no sense. And I will take the impact players we have now over anything I have seen from Houston that plays in the SWAC lately. Outside of Gibbs at Alcorn who btw, obviously didn't care to stay in Texas. I talked to his old man and SU was on his list as well. Where was PV? Maybe you would have another title had he come.

So stop this madness. And who cares if PV didn't offer the kids we got from Texas. I am sure Mike Jones is glad he didn't come down there. I am sure Zach Brown is glad he didn't go. Jaylen Jordan, Lindsey and even Waddell can all say they got a ring. Getting on the field is up to them. Maybe if Heish wasn't trying to get so many LA players and gotten some of them Texas boys. You would have been in better shape. Oh well. Worm don't need Texas players to win. He has proven that. La has plenty of enough talent to win the SWAC. And I like our FL and GA talent we get. So pardon us if we don't care what PV is doing. Just try to catch up. Football and Basketball. Heck you done fell down in baseball now too.

Like JR said, as long as SU offered, nobody had a chance at Austin Howard. Dude been hanging around and going to SU games for years. Saw him dominate SU's 7 on 7 camp as a sophomore.

TBF knows damn well they had no chance at getting Howard. Kid probably listened out of courtesy. Hell we got 6 or 7 players from West St John HS on the roster right now. LOL.

Dude, name one impact player from Houston that has taken SU on his shoulders to any of our titles? We have never needed a Houston player to be our dominant guy. We have had a couple of guys since the early 90s to do something. Others were good role players. But the stars have mostly been from the boot. The greats. So stop with this we can't recruit Houston mess and that PV has taken them all. Hell your best players aint even from Houston. So why are you bumping your gumbs about Houston. I have no issue with Houston the city. But people aint moving there because of Pappadeaux's. LOL. They move due to jobs or maybe some relatives and friends there. Sheesh. Right now, Houston is taking some hits due to the Oil prices dropping. So don't act like everything is all good. Haliburtion, GE Oil and Gas and others are slowing down right now. Plenty of folks I know have lost their jobs. The Space Center ain't what it used to be either with jobs. Thank goodness for the Medical Center and Medical industry period. You do realize you can't fool me into this perception that Houston athletes have decided to not go to SU or Gram to stay home to go to TxSU and PV. Where are your Houston impact players. If anything, your school needs them since its in your home state. SU don't supposed to have more impact players from another state than the state it is in. That makes no sense. And I will take the impact players we have now over anything I have seen from Houston that plays in the SWAC lately. Outside of Gibbs at Alcorn who btw, obviously didn't care to stay in Texas. I talked to his old man and SU was on his list as well. Where was PV? Maybe you would have another title had he come.

So stop this madness. And who cares if PV didn't offer the kids we got from Texas. I am sure Mike Jones is glad he didn't come down there. I am sure Zach Brown is glad he didn't go. Jaylen Jordan, Lindsey and even Waddell can all say they got a ring. Getting on the field is up to them. Maybe if Heish wasn't trying to get so many LA players and gotten some of them Texas boys. You would have been in better shape. Oh well. Worm don't need Texas players to win. He has proven that. La has plenty of enough talent to win the SWAC. And I like our FL and GA talent we get. So pardon us if we don't care what PV is doing. Just try to catch up. Football and Basketball. Heck you done fell down in baseball now too.
YRRCISYDRDUKGAK.20150520213840.jpg

SMQSVEIXENQCESP.20150520213959.jpg

I'll just drop this here, while they talking about some doggone Pappadeaux's. lol

Back