Respect

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If SU's band camp is any indication, Texas kids are about to flood Louisiana lol.

This is nothing new. Texas kids have always been a factor at SU. Even in the drop in enrollment. The Texas contingent has remained strong.

Those people are accustomed to nothing but superfluous smacking. *smh*

I want to discuss what's real: growth, future existence, future competitivity, direction, augmented competitivity, et al.

How many SWAC schools can say for CERTAIN their doors will be open 09/01/2015? I know factually, unless planet earth ends, sTu and PVAMU will, w/out "exigency." ::retarded smiley:: Geez.

P,
SU is on the right track. Even the state of La gave SU props for being able to do well with the Jindal cuts. His arse is gone to run for President so the world can see how un smart he is. SU is fine and with the out of state fee waived for good grade kids. Guess what. That means more Texas kids will be heading that way. Everyone knows Texas got money. So keep getting subsidized by the state. No biggie. La, Ms, Arkansas etc are poor states. You would think the Texas schools would dominate in everything against the poor state schools of the SWAC. Bottom line is SU ain't going no where. We just had the biggest year of donations in our history from alums. If anything we are learning to take care of our own and not worry about if THE STATE will give us any loot. So when the next Gov comes in with a different agenda than Education hater Jindal. We will have even more money. If that Gov don't care about state schools either. Guess what, we already survived the worse Gov in La history. Never seen so much bragging on a State that everyone knows has money. But it really has not translated in the success it SHOULD have for both TxSU and PV. Not saying they are doing bad. But you would think not only should you be the best academic and athletic schools in the SWAC. But a power house HBCU across the board even giving the Private HBCUs a run for their money with being in such a rich state.

Let's do an enrollment check and see what has happened over 10 year period and you'll see where the future of the SWAC lies....one state with two SWAC schools has dropped and the other has risen and one had the highest hbcu attendance in the 90s

I see these kids everyday and this generation is about style and flash and trust me, in pv's case their not losing kids to a Louisiana school due to amenities....Louisiana just wrote a new law to try and boost enrollment for hbcus.....

Problem is once again, they may go and do four years and their butts are back in the suburbs in Texas cause they want amenities......the lure of pappadeauxs with the downtown Dallas or Houston skyline is too hard for these kids to turn down...lol

In the 90s it was cool to go to Louisiana for school but now it's has changed....

Man them kids ain't worried about that crap or they wouldn't go to the PWCs in the sticks. Stop all this bragging. TxSU will have a high enrollment because it is a commuter school. Point blank. Houston is the 4th largest city and soon to be the 3rd largest city by next census. So they should have the highest enrollment of any HBCU. PV has done a great job attracting kids to out there in the boonies. At least the NW suburbs are closer as they keep growing out that way. But make no mistake. The SU enrollment is on the move. Especially with the out of state fee waived. Grambling will always have a hard time. Sandwiched between 2 PWCs in the area and being in the rural area hurts. These kids now a days have cars. It ain't like BR has no restaurants or things to do for the youngsters.

Plus the alumni is getting more involved. We are going to be just fine. Just watch.

Dude said Papedueaxs lmao. You know how many World Class restaurants they have in BR and NO lol. Way better than that pretend seafood place lol.

Reactions: J C
When PV and Texas Southern get it together, hell, fire, and Brimstone shall rain upon Louisiana.

SU, wake up. Its 2015. You better get use to competition. Grambling embraces it. You should too.
No one is scared of Texas. We'll continue to kick their a-- like we've been doing throughout history.

P,
SU is on the right track. Even the state of La gave SU props for being able to do well with the Jindal cuts. His arse is gone to run for President so the world can see how un smart he is. SU is fine and with the out of state fee waived for good grade kids. Guess what. That means more Texas kids will be heading that way. Everyone knows Texas got money. So keep getting subsidized by the state. No biggie. La, Ms, Arkansas etc are poor states. You would think the Texas schools would dominate in everything against the poor state schools of the SWAC. Bottom line is SU ain't going no where. We just had the biggest year of donations in our history from alums. If anything we are learning to take care of our own and not worry about if THE STATE will give us any loot. So when the next Gov comes in with a different agenda than Education hater Jindal. We will have even more money. If that Gov don't care about state schools either. Guess what, we already survived the worse Gov in La history. Never seen so much bragging on a State that everyone knows has money. But it really has not translated in the success it SHOULD have for both TxSU and PV. Not saying they are doing bad. But you would think not only should you be the best academic and athletic schools in the SWAC. But a power house HBCU across the board even giving the Private HBCUs a run for their money with being in such a rich state.
That's good that SU et al have learned to survive a "red" governor w/ his own personal mission(s), that does not include HBCUs, for the most part. Welcome to the club and it's about time some of you arrived :D.

As for Texas being rich? Nah. It isn't. In fact, even lil' ol' us @ PVAMU, we're broke. For if we weren't broke, we would have made the current moves we're currently making some 40+ years ago. And that's truth.

Reactions: JR
these women don't care about no world class restaurants..lol...they come to Houston and its Pappadeauxs for happy hour...its so good, their building a new one in Pearland

again, I saw it in the recruiting process as we had nothing to show and flipped a few kids....would've done more if the staff had time...

these women don't care about no world class restaurants..lol...they come to Houston and its Pappadeauxs for happy hour...its so good, their building a new one in Pearland

again, I saw it in the recruiting process as we had nothing to show and flipped a few kids....would've done more if the staff had time...
They ain't going for the food... they may EAT, but they're still hunting lol.

And where did you flip a few kids from?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

What school lol. I know for damn SUre it wasn't SU.

McNeese
SU
UAPB
PV
LSU (tried to get him to agree to a JUCO in Kansas for two years then they'll snatch him up)

Stop all that lying CLEB... There's no way in hell a program of the caliber and prestige of Southern University recruited Pitre (let them tell it)!!

we didn't recruit Louisiana as much this year with the change in staff..only kid I think we even sniffed that SU got was the big lineman from Plaquemine who was wavering until the last minute

the days of an impact player such as Clyde Edwards leaving Houston for Grambling or a Ryan Lewis going to SU are long gone....now, usually they'll go once the Texas schools don't show much interest....

Lake Charles is no-man's land as they'll go anywhere but Texas is very appealing to them

I tell you what, the next time someone from PV or TXSU complains about JSU posters hijacking threads, make sure they remember how they hijacked this one.

McNeese
SU
UAPB
PV
LSU (tried to get him to agree to a JUCO in Kansas for two years then they'll snatch him up)

This ^^^^^^^ cannot be true. I vehemently disagree. Surely lil' ol' PVAMU didn't out recruit those prestigious football schools. Ol' 80 game consecutive losing streak PVAMU... Surely. :( *smh*

Back