Rep your Section

Do you feel it's right to pledge y

• Yes, I think it brings the band together

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No, I think redundant and should be disbanded forever

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No, I think you should automatically get your section letters after you march the 1st game or after

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dominion1906 don't say that because I crossed my section and I play B-Tone and I was the taildawg. But that is how you get UNITY in your section and that lets you know who is who in the section.

To answer thr question yes, I believe that pledging your section is a good thing. I must say that after crossing the section the grass is definitely greener on the other side. I don't however believe in not pledging your section ( unless it's a weak azz section) because it causes a rift between those who pledged and those who didn't. I know when I was marching we was on ***** azz the first day before we even got drums.

Oh yeah!

Pledge the section. It's good for the section to gel together. A that is on One page :eek2: ..........then people wonder why certian section's stand out more than other's.

Yes I do think crabbin is relevant and worth it..........I gained an extended family when I crossed and a slew of long term friends.....and much luv.....personally my motto is

" IF YOU AIN'T IN THE BAND.....YOU AIN'T ISHT........

section pledging

Well I did not pledge my section and it does not make any less of a player than the other peoplein my section. Pleding your section is "so called" to form section unity. If you dont have section unity as a section, how can you have "that unity" under any other name.

Re: section pledging

Originally posted by LION 05
Well I did not pledge my section and it does not make any less of a player than the other peoplein my section. Pleding your section is "so called" to form section unity. If you dont have section unity as a section, how can you have "that unity" under any other name.

Think of it like this. I know that there is a certain fraternity or sorority on your campus that you want participate in, right? What if that fraternity didn't put anybody through an intake process and allowed anybody to join by paying money and getting letters. Would you:

A). Still have respect the Fraternity even tho you didn't earn or work for them.

B). Be glad that you didn't go though anything and be called a "Shirt Wearer" for the rest of your life.

Now, I bet you are saying, "What does that have to do with pledging your section in the band?" In comparison, pledging your section works the same way. If you are constantly having a line every fall, that puts the freshmen, crabs, or scrubs in line so that they have to work for their place, respect, and love for the band, while the rest of the section (who are already members) be on one accord.

:whine:Freshmen, Crabs, or Scrubs are weak in today's society. :scared:They be the main ones quitting, running to band directors, and calling their parents when something isn't going the way the want it, but be the main ones that next year when the next class come in trying to crab. :whine:-:scared:-:whine:-:scared::whine:-:scared:
My motto is:

:slap:"Don't give what you can't take!!!!!":slap:

Re: Re: section pledging

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
Think of it like this. I know that there is a certain fraternity or sorority on your campus that you want participate in, right? What if that fraternity didn't put anybody through an intake process and allowed anybody to join by paying money and getting letters. Would you:

A). Still have respect the Fraternity even tho you didn't earn or work for them.

B). Be glad that you didn't go though anything and be called a "Shirt Wearer" for the rest of your life.

Now, I bet you are saying, "What does that have to do with pledging your section in the band?" In comparison, pledging your section works the same way. If you are constantly having a line every fall, that puts the freshmen, crabs, or scrubs in line so that they have to work for their place, respect, and love for the band, while the rest of the section (who are already members) be on one accord.

:whine:Freshmen, Crabs, or Scrubs are weak in today's society. :scared:They be the main ones quitting, running to band directors, and calling their parents when something isn't going the way the want it, but be the main ones that next year when the next class come in trying to crab. :whine:-:scared:-:whine:-:scared::whine:-:scared:
My motto is:

:slap:"Don't give what you can't take!!!!!":slap:

I couldn't have been anymore precise. If you ain't goin' pledge the section at least have the common sense to STFU when grown folks talkin'!!! Know ya' role, play ya' instrument, and shut yo' *****in' mouth.:cool:

Re: Re: Re: section pledging

Originally posted by MightyMouse01
I couldn't have been anymore precise. If you ain't goin' pledge the section at least have the common sense to STFU when grown folks talkin'!!! Know ya' role, play ya' instrument, and shut yo' *****in' mouth.:cool:

You need to STFU. What Mr. Phreeze and you saying don't make no sense. If you pledge your section, then you are stupid and deserved to shot. This for everybody who pledged their sections. I agree with blowfofun. It's stupid. I think that it should disbanded forever.

I never agreed with pledging a section. I believe in CRABBING for the band. Some niggs take it too far with the pledging, and most of the cats that really WANT to pledge somebody, ain't isht on their horn/drum. And they were punks as crabs themselves...

For me...

Crabbing = Learning band history, obey the rules, get in shape, shet de kcuf up, build your skills and LEARN YOUR MUSIC!!!, or face consequences from your squad or section leader, or (God forbid) your band director.

Pledging = Wood, breakfast, "wash my draws," rituals, etc., completely aside from band performance. If you want a frat, join a frat...

Bands would be better if we conentrated on INTENSE CRABBING than pledging crabs. Hard work will run off weak people just as quick as pledging (maybe quicker), and you don't have to work as hard to justify it...

Re: Re: Re: Re: section pledging

Originally posted by LION 05
You need to STFU. What Mr. Phreeze and you saying don't make no sense. If you pledge your section, then you are stupid and deserved to shot. This for everybody who pledged their sections. I agree with blowfofun. It's stupid. I think that it should disbanded forever.

Don't get madd !!:redhot: :redhot: now but if you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen. Don't get personal because my opinion wasn't directed at you but if I offended then stop walking around with ya' heart on ya' sleeve. Like I said to me it's all about pride in being a part of something bigger than you. Maybe you don't have pride in yo' self or yo' section like that but don't shoot down the people that don went through some hell to show they pride and dedication. Same thing with frats, pride in unity, pride in self unless you a paper playa ;) ;) I'll bet is more people who look down on you than people who look down on me!!!

Re: Re: Re: I voted this because....

Originally posted by Mr. Phreeze
This dude has apparently lost his mind and deserves to get a azz whipping by everybody. Not just by this band, but EVERYBODY. This guy's dome isn't straight and WE as the band world should team (M-F) a lesson from the directors on down to the band mangers.

Look a here you lil scary azz lil boy, i can tell you pledging the section will get your azz whipped if you keep yappin ya nonsense at my dogg. If yo biesh a** was scaced to take the heat. just say it...fagat.
you the kinda mutha888888 I see on the corner with a "will work for food" sign, because you waitng on someone to give you a degree or job.

Pledging the section is about working to achieve your goal or objective. Whatever the process may be. If it is given to you, you would give a dam about it. It will also give you self respect, respect for others, the section, and most importantly, the band.

Back