Rep your Section

Do you feel it's right to pledge y

• Yes, I think it brings the band together

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • No, I think redundant and should be disbanded forever

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • No, I think you should automatically get your section letters after you march the 1st game or after

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Phreeze

Phrozen Cold
This page is for 3 things:

1. Rep your section pin name.
2. Did you benefit everything after your crossed your section?
3. How you feel about pledging your section?

I know that this topic is always coming up, but I just wanted to take one more poll about your section. You can still rep your section whether you pledged it or not. This is just a survey that I'm doing to see have people actually feel about working to make their section or should automatically get their section letters when the come in as crab, freshman, or scrub.

I voted this because....

No, I think you should automatically get your section letters after you march the 1st game or after the 1st week of band camp.

I chose this one because, joining your section should be handed to you. It's true, was a hazer in High School and still back & haze the young people, but I don't feel like I have to do it in college. I don't like being messed with, but it is cool for me to do it to other people. I don't care what you think or say about me.

Who is that dude?
:eek2:

He can't even talk right...He's probably one of the main ones snitching to the Band directors, and will be the first one to try to "motivate" next year....I'll find out when I come for Homecoming;) (rubbing hands together)

Re: I voted this because....

Originally posted by blowfofun
No, I think you should automatically get your section letters after you march the 1st game or after the 1st week of band camp.

I chose this one because, joining your section should be handed to you. It's true, was a hazer in High School and still back & haze the young people, but I don't feel like I have to do it in college. I don't like being messed with, but it is cool for me to do it to other people. I don't care what you think or say about me.
this has to be the sorriest sh-- i have ever heard, this person needs a reality check

should you be the hazer

I think people should cross individual sections, it brings out the funcky differences:cool: I don't think there would be any fun if it weren't like that.;) I just feel like no one should exspect to be a hazer in any way that was not done to them... Got it :idea: alrighty then:D

Re: should you be the hazer

Originally posted by twoozy
I think people should cross individual sections, it brings out the funcky differences:cool: I don't think there would be any fun if it weren't like that.;) I just feel like no one should exspect to be a hazer in any way that was not done to them... Got it :idea: alrighty then:D

:) :) :) I totally agree

u are a fuggin lame....:rolleyes: dont even claim UAPB- u make us all look bad....

this dude obviously was a beesh when he was a crab and still is one now......how you gone not wanna get motivated when you in a college band but want to go back and motivate little high school children???? i got motivated when i was a crab and i was a grown man.... and i have motivated grown men...and if you were in my band i would motivate you.........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: coward

i rep h.o.t.( uapb mellos) and i surely think everyone should cross there section because it puts you on a whole nother level mentally, physically and definitely on your horn. i did it and had no regrets. not to mention i was line pres., taildawg, and crab sect. leader. so no matter if i didn't cross my section i was still eligible for a a$z whooping:redhot:

Originally posted by LadyLuck13
Who is that dude?
:eek2:

He can't even talk right...He's probably one of the main ones snitching to the Band directors, and will be the first one to try to "motivate" next year....I'll find out when I come for Homecoming;) (rubbing hands together)

I think I know who he is......:cool: He may play B-Tone ... (snicker)

Re: Re: I voted this because....

Originally posted by C-Murder
this dude obviously was a beesh when he was a crab and still is one now......how you gone not wanna get motivated when you in a college band but want to go back and motivate little high school children???? i got motivated when i was a crab and i was a grown man.... and i have motivated grown men...and if you were in my band i would motivate you.........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: coward

This dude has apparently lost his mind and deserves to get a azz whipping by everybody. Not just by this band, but EVERYBODY. This guy's dome isn't straight and WE as the band world should team (M-F) a lesson from the directors on down to the band mangers.

SOMEONE IS LOGGIN ON MY **** AND THEY POSTED THAT MESS EARLIER.:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: WHAT I THINK NOW IS THAT EVERY BAND SHOULD HAVE IT AND IF WE DONT YOU'LL SEE A DIFFERENCE IN THE COUPLE OF YEARS.I SAY LEAVE DA AZZES ON TIL WHENEVER ALL THE OLDHEADS DESIDES TO LET THEM OFF.

I see the advantages of pledging a section in the band.....But unfortunately, I see even more disadvantages.

First off......I fail to see how pledging a section will make the band or the bond stronger amongst band members. If anything, PLEDGING the section will only tear the band apart do to all the sectional segregation.

On the other hand, if the crabs get crabbed in the right way (that is, being crabbed into the band, as opposed to PLEDGING a section), then the band and the band bond will be strong.

That's simply how I see it.

PLEDGING a section is really unncecessary. But a crab is a crab, and if he/she wants to be in the BAND, then they have to prove it.

A band are like a big family.....why have a whole bunch of families in ONE family? That only brings about segregation and other things that a band doesn't need to thrive.

....There is not nor has there ever been any hazing within the Band organizations of the Southwestern Athletic Conference......thank you.:D

Originally posted by lilC
....There is not nor has there ever been any hazing within the Band organizations of the Southwestern Athletic Conference......thank you.:D

yeah the do that stuff over there on the west coat:lmao:
or is it the CIAC:lmao: :lmao:

from kc ey??????????

-goes to investigate-

Re: Re: I voted this because....

SOMEONE IS LOGGIN ON MY **** AND THEY POSTED THAT MESS EARLIER.:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: WHAT I THINK NOW IS THAT EVERY BAND SHOULD HAVE IT AND IF WE DONT YOU'LL SEE A DIFFERENCE IN THE COUPLE OF YEARS.I SAY LEAVE DA AZZES ON TIL WHENEVER ALL THE OLDHEADS DESIDES TO LET THEM OFF.
Oh really. If you are really a CRAB then you shouldn't be on here. Just make sure that you log off when you're through. I had a bad habit not doing that either but I just log off the computer.

My signature is self-explanitory. Anyway, to be in the section/band you do have to earn it. The freshmen need to make sure that we come with the right attitude.

i FEEL THAT PLEDGING YOUR SECTION IS AN OK idEA. Just make sure the section(upperclassmen) have a sense of brotherhood in front of the crabs. You know to make them want to be a part of that section.

The Tubas at Southern are called the "White Horses":mrt:

You fell...

We fell to mention an important point.
<b>TEACHING</b>.
See crabbing a band is a humbling experience. Most freshmen just graduated from high school in which they think they are the sh... stuff. They feel that they know everything, which conflict with the <b>TEACHING</b> of the band. So crabbing will bring that individual to his/her least common denominator. Once that individual reach that point, it will be easier, in my opinion, to <b>TEACH</b> that individual. While the individual absorb the knowledge, that individual develop a sense of respect and dignity for the school, the band, the section, and the history. That individual will soon grow proud to be part of something special. That pride will motivate that individual to perform and conduct him/herself at the highest level. It will also drive that individual to continue the process, so another lucky individual can experience a sense of accomplishment, acceptence, and appreciation after you cross the section <b>and</b> the band<font color="red">*</font>.

<font color="red">*</font><b> You are not offically in the band, until you have marched a sufficient number of games, effectively, through one football season.

Re: You fell...

Originally posted by zack
We fell to mention an important point.
<b>TEACHING</b>.
See crabbing a band is a humbling experience. Most freshmen just graduated from high school in which they think they are the sh... stuff. They feel that they know everything, which conflict with the <b>TEACHING</b> of the band. So crabbing will bring that individual to his/her least common denominator. Once that individual reach that point, it will be easier, in my opinion, to <b>TEACH</b> that individual. While the individual absorb the knowledge, that individual develop a sense of respect and dignity for the school, the band, the section, and the history. That individual will soon grow proud to be part of something special. That pride will motivate that individual to perform and conduct him/herself at the highest level. It will also drive that individual to continue the process, so another lucky individual can experience a sense of accomplishment, acceptence, and appreciation after you cross the section <b>and</b> the band<font color="red">*</font>.

i totaly agree

<font color="red">*</font><b> You are not offically in the band, until you have marched a sufficient number of games, effectively, through one football season.
:D

Back