Remarks about gays prompt suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star

I read his comments and I don’t see where he made a comparison between the two. In short he said if you try out homosexuality it would evolve in to other things such as bestiality and promiscuity. Comparing would be equating the two. He did not do that.

Yeah, 'cause we all know homosexuality leads to procreating with animals. Dude basically said it was akin to a gateway drug.

Yeah, 'cause we all know homosexuality leads to procreating with animals. Dude basically said it was akin to a gateway drug.

I think he was saying if you get so content in this lifestyle then you will adventure in to other things. Like how some people would get bored with a spouse and start and affair which would lead into divorce amongst other things.

I think he was saying if you get so content in this lifestyle then you will adventure in to other things. Like how some people would get bored with a spouse and start and affair which would lead into divorce amongst other things.

Still a very ignorant statement, don't you think?

Still a very ignorant statement, don't you think?

It depends on what the individual that hears it perceives it. I am torn on it. I don’t believe that he intended on blatantly disrespecting anyone. Then I am proud he said something about it. If I was a thief then I would hope you would correct me and tell me to stop stealing. That would prove to me that you don’t want me to suffer the consequences of stealing, but if you continue to let me keep doing it and I pay the penalty for it then you never cared about the inevitable self destruction that I am bringing on to myself. In other words you are just pouring water on a drowning man by turning a blind eye.

Now you may have to convey that message to me in ways that some may not like. Example: If you keep stealing you are more likely to get killed or you are more likely to kill someone, because your covetousness may push you to the point that you may do so.

Am I justifying him saying homosexual will lead in to bestiality? No not at all but when we make choices that are not in line with the word of God, and are boldly proud of those choices and brag on it, then in due time that individual will be given over to a reprobate mind to continue to do what he want to do until his time is up and judgment comes.

Just because someone speaks out about something like gay marriage doesn’t mean that they hate anyone. In fact they actually care more about that person than the people that are supporting it.

So we just gonna ignore the comments about black people and Asians?

But, as long as he condemns gays, we proud...

So we just gonna ignore the comments about black people and Asians?

But, as long as he condemns gays, we proud...

So yeah...I was about to post,
He didn't say anything bad about us, at least not in this article...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/phil-robertson-black-people_n_4473474.html

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
Then I clicked on this link...:lol:

http://www.eonline.com/news/492121/...were-happier-before-the-civil-rights-movement

In the January issue of GQ, the Duck Dynasty star also comments on growing up in a pre-civil-rights-era Louisiana.
"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson claims. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotten with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash."
He adds, "They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people'—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

:lol:
"Pre-Entitlement, Pre-Welfare" :lol:

That man is crazy!! :lmao:

Oh well...I see the Great Governor Bobby Jindal and Sarah Palin are supporting him...:happydance:

Well when I saw all them ignant black folks in the state of Louisiana stealing that food stamp money I had more harsh words then ole Phil. Also two sick men having sex is sick and it is bestiality.

Well when I saw all them ignant black folks in the state of Louisiana stealing that food stamp money I had more harsh words then ole Phil. Also two sick men having sex is sick and it is bestiality.

Thank you.

Food Stamps and welfare had done more harm than good. I am for it only when you are trying to get yourself to the next level but if you are abusing it, and training your children to adopt the same mindset then we need to cut it off.
As a man what’s wrong with hard work and earning a decent wage.
I don’t make much on my job but in the end I sleep well knowing I did what I have to do to keep my house afloat with my own hands and not have taxpayers to take care of me.

Huh, yall serious about food stamps? Man keep Pookie and Ray Ray foodstamps and Welfare on. I would rather shop at the store with foodstamps than at Pop33 apartment with guns.

Real talk, this past year has made me have a lot more sympathy. Man, the jobs just aint there. It is some people out there struggling for real.

I am not against food stamps. My problem was with those fools in New Orleans or where ever it was trying to get over at Wal-mart then leaving buggies full of food in the aisles when the stores caught it. That was beyond ignant and I think they acted like animals.
Huh, yall serious about food stamps? Man keep Pookie and Ray Ray foodstamps and Welfare on. I would rather shop at the store with foodstamps than at Pop33 apartment with guns.

Did conservatives hack the web site?

I am liberal when it comes to helping the poor, getting people access to health care, education, Pell grants, because those things can help someone to have a to build a better life. I had Pell grants in college. In graduate school I had to get on food stamps myself, just to have enough money to pay my rent, but after I graduated I couldn’t find a job in Mississippi or anywhere eventually I joined the military as a reservist then move to Texas with my first job and been there ever since. Times are hard that I know but you shouldn’t give up and accept mediocrity I have a family that depends on me to make things happen (and that is what a man does).

I am conservative on abuse of the public assistance system. When I look at my pay stub and see all these taxes I have to pay and learn that some of that money is going to some people that are not even trying to get a job and are making babies to stay on public assistance and let the streets raise those kids. I say cut it off.

If you are on public assistance and your kids are acting a monkey on the streets. Cut if off !!!

If you can not make it to a PTA meeting because you don’t care about the progress of your kids. Cut it off!!!!

If your child is failing in the classroom because he wants to be disruptive and you as a parent that is on public assistance is standing up for him by blaming the teacher or in complete denial that your child is bad. Cut it off!!!

If you a single mother and you got some man living with you and he wants to cash in on the free food and housing. Cut it off!!!

I hope you're just as passionate about politicians who waste our hard earned dollars or line their pockets. I could less about what some folks on public assistance or welfare are doing because they represent a minuscule amount of the budget. The suits in office or on Wall Street have done far more piliaging than folks on welfare will ever do.

I hope you're just as passionate about politicians who waste our hard earned dollars or line their pockets. I could less about what some folks on public assistance or welfare are doing because they represent a minuscule amount of the budget. The suits in office or on Wall Street have done far more piliaging than folks on welfare will ever do.

I am just a passionate about about that too. That's why I voted for Obama!

And public assistance is not a small amount to the budget in fact there are more whites on it than there are blacks and we make up on 13 percent of the nations population. Latinos are also ahead of us in terms of the population of public assistance and most of them are in the country illegally.

Last edited:
I am just a passionate about about that too. That's why I voted for Obama!

And public assistance is not a small amount to the budget in fact there are more whites on it than there are blacks and we make up on 13 percent of the nations population. Latinos are also ahead of us in terms of the population of public assistance and most of them are in the country illegally.

Fed spending on public assistance accounts for 12 percent of the budget. State spending on public assistance accounts for 1 percent. States spend more on prisons than public assistance.

So yes, it's small.

Fed spending on public assistance accounts for 12 percent of the budget. State spending on public assistance accounts for 1 percent. States spend more on prisons than public assistance.

So yes, it's small.

Education including pre-K, Military including veteran affairs, and infastructure is a bigger portion of the budget and that has taken more cuts than public assistance.

But Ken I will let you have the last word on that issue because it is way off topic. :topic:

What's so funny about this country, is they are afraid of Homosexuals. If you say something that is not "Anti Gay" but "Anti Homosexual" you are daymn near lynched.

This same country, does not have age old laws to send folks to jail or government or private citizens making threats against president Obama, that's overlooked. But say something, that is supported by the bible and you are lynched by the media. I thought animals and insects were a protected by the government. It appears that Homosexuals have become a protective class.

The fact is God,

Leviticus 18:22 condemns sex between two men

Leviticus 20:13 teaches that homosexual acts are “detestable†and should be punished by death.

Deuteronomy 23:17-18 warns against prostitution, including homosexual prostitution. They are “abominations to the Lordâ€.
I Corinthians 6:9-11. This passage teaches that people who continue in impenitent sin—including but not limited to homosexuality—will not inherit God’s Kingdom. Two words for homosexuality are used here, one meaning “soft, effeminate, the passive partner in homosexual relations†and the other being “male bedâ€, meaning, a male who has sex with a male.

I Timothy 1:8-10 contains a list of gross sins, including murder, fornication, kidnapping, lying, and more. Included in that list is homosexual behavior.

This is why most preachers and their followers may end up in hell - they cannot preach against anything that is contrary to God's word. How often do we hear preachers preaching those mentioned above from 1 Timothy 1:8 - 10. Some will preach against fornication, but what about the preachers that are cowards to preach against homosexuality, the bible calls them cowards.

Back