Remarks about gays prompt suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star

levarg

The Elite BRAVE
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/19/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_inthenews

God is very clear when his comes to this. However when a Christian takes a stand on this we are at risk of being persecuted or losing our entire livelihood because we don’t want to get the gay community upset. Is it me or do Christians really need to take a real stand on the word of God? Or should we just bow down to the ways of this world and just worship our Creator in secret so we do not offend anyone such as atheist, Muslims, gays, and Buddhist?

LOl @ a Christian feeling persecuted in the United States. that's funny.

He represents not only himself...but also the TV station and countless other sponsors that are putting money in his pocket. If he had made these statements as just an owner of his business...he would not have been reprimanded. But I'm pretty sure his contract doesn't allow him to make these negative and embarrassing comments.

He has free speech...he didn't go to jail and won't be charged or anything. That's free speech.

Actually...his comments weren't horrible, but I'm thinking the discussion in the background between Phil and A&E didn't go well and that's why they suspended him "indefinitely".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-bestiality-controversial-new-interview.html

e told the magazine: 'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there.
'Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.'

Phil, who claims to be devoutly Christian, then grouped homosexuals in with terrorists and prostitutes in a paraphrased Bible quote.
He said: 'Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers - they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.'
Phil, who has been married to his wife Kay since 1966, then got even more explicit, stating: 'It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus.

'That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.'

A&E had earlier released a statement from Robertson in which he addressed the controversy.
'I myself am a product of the Sixties', he said. 'I centred my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Saviour.

'My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

'However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.'

Robertson, a recovering alcoholic, also opened up on his darkest days, including fleeing Arkansas in the Seventies after beating up a bar owner and his wife, something he has never apologised for despite getting sober and finding Jesus.
‘I didn’t dredge anything back up. I just put it behind me,’ he said.

'We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I’m saying?'

While A&E have not yet commented, they released a statement from Robertson in which he addressed the controversy.
He also insisted the show won’t last longer than five more years, explaining: 'Let’s face it. Three, four, five years, we’re out of here. You know what I’m saying? It’s a TV show. This thing ain’t gonna last forever. No way.'

What's funny about it? The fact of the matter is if a Christian stands up for what he or she believes in there will be consequences. I am more than sure if the Gay community didn’t get all in an uproar over it nothing would have happened. Also persecution is more than about going to jail it is also being condemned by those who want you to accept their way of doing things when you refuse to do so.

Everyone has a right to say what they want to say. However, folks also have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of their statements.

Last edited:
What's funny about it? The fact of the matter is if a Christian stands up for what he or she believes in there will be consequences. I am more than sure if the Gay community didn’t get all in an uproar over it nothing would have happened. Also persecution is more than about going to jail it is also being condemned by those who want you to accept their way of doing things when you refuse to do so.

Christians can stand up for what we believe in...the problem is, it doesn't stop there. We want laws made based on what we believe to force others to follow our beliefs. Not everyone believes what we believe. That's why it's funny.

Why are Christians worried about what people are doing in their own home? If two men/women want to live together...why are folks trying to stop them?

That last statement is exactly what Gays are saying. Christians want EVERYONE to accept our way of doing things and then when they don't...their lifestyle is condemned...compared to bestiality. :lol:

That's why it's funny. :lol:

Actually...his comments weren't horrible, but I'm thinking the discussion in the background between Phil and A&E didn't go well and that's why they suspended him "indefinitely".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-bestiality-controversial-new-interview.html

e told the magazine: 'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there.
'Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.'

Phil, who claims to be devoutly Christian, then grouped homosexuals in with terrorists and prostitutes in a paraphrased Bible quote.
He said: 'Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers - they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.'
Phil, who has been married to his wife Kay since 1966, then got even more explicit, stating: 'It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus.

'That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.'

A&E had earlier released a statement from Robertson in which he addressed the controversy.
'I myself am a product of the Sixties', he said. 'I centred my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Saviour.

'My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

'However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.'

Robertson, a recovering alcoholic, also opened up on his darkest days, including fleeing Arkansas in the Seventies after beating up a bar owner and his wife, something he has never apologised for despite getting sober and finding Jesus.
‘I didn’t dredge anything back up. I just put it behind me,’ he said.

'We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus - whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I’m saying?'

While A&E have not yet commented, they released a statement from Robertson in which he addressed the controversy.
He also insisted the show won’t last longer than five more years, explaining: 'Let’s face it. Three, four, five years, we’re out of here. You know what I’m saying? It’s a TV show. This thing ain’t gonna last forever. No way.'

Well I am sure Phil as a pastor let A&E know his beleifs in advance before they started this reality show. A&E just did it to please those who were all upset about it.

If folks want to make anti-gay, anti-minority, anti-women or anti-whatever remarks, they have the right to stand up for them. And people want to make a stink about it, fine, too. We can't expect to say or write anything and it be cool with everyone regardless of our purpose or intent. That's just not possible.

Christians can stand up for what we believe in...the problem is, it doesn't stop there. We want laws made based on what we believe to force others to follow our beliefs. Not everyone believes what we believe. That's why it's funny.

Why are Christians worried about what people are doing in their own home? If two men/women want to live together...why are folks trying to stop them?

That last statement is exactly what Gays are saying. Christians want EVERYONE to accept our way of doing things and then when they don't...their lifestyle is condemned...compared to bestiality. :lol:

No one wants to invade what people want to do in their home. However, Christians are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. If we don’t tell the good news of Christ and of his path to salvation then we are failing our brothers and sisters.

If folks want to make anti-gay, anti-minority, anti-women or anti-whatever remarks, they have the right to stand up for them. And people want to make a stink about it, fine, too. We can't expect to say or write anything and it be cool with everyone regardless of our purpose or intent. That's just not possible.

I agree totally, but where do we draw the line then. If someone says something bad about Christianity why nothing happens but say something about Muslims or whatever else why we got to catch heat for saying what we believe in.

I agree totally, but where do we draw the line then. If someone says something bad about Christianity why nothing happens but say something about Muslims or whatever else why we got to catch heat for saying what we believe in.

Because Christianity has always been viewed, at least in America, as an oppressor.

Can you provide an example where someone said something bad about Christianity, similar to Phil's comments in the same environment (interview to a magazine), and nothing was done/said to that person?

I'm not just talking about a politician voting against an anti-abortion bill, or voting in favor of gay marriage.

I'm talking about a celebrity/Politician that equated Christianity to bestiality, or something similar, and he/she wasn't condemned or reprimanded. In the United States.

B/c I really can't think of one and I'm trying hard.

Can you provide an example where someone said something bad about Christianity, similar to Phil's comments in the same environment (interview to a magazine), and nothing was done/said to that person?

I'm not just talking about a politician voting against an anti-abortion bill, or voting in favor of gay marriage.

I'm talking about a celebrity/Politician that equated Christianity to bestiality, or something similar, and he/she wasn't condemned or reprimanded. In the United States.

B/c I really can't think of one and I'm trying hard.

Do you mean something recent or thoughtout time?

SS I just feel that he shouldn’t be suspended for saying it. I just feel like this society it trying to force us to accept it and go along with it as if this is normal and I just have a problem with that. If they want to live that way its fine but don’t come after me if I don’t agree with it.

I don't think it's the Christians that want laws made based on our beliefs; if that were the case, there would be no redefining of marriage, no same sex marriages, no taking of Christ out of Christmas, etc. It's the LGBT community that has forced their lifestyle on society. LGBT community has come up with the impression that they are being discriminated against because not everyone wants to accept their lifestyle. They come up with this idea of "being born this way" or "God intended me to be this way" when in fact it is the very lifestyle that God speaks against. Just like God did not create us to be murderous or adulterous or warmongers or such, neither did He create man to leave his natural relations with women for men (and vice versa). For Christians and Believers, we know the Word is clear and precise about everything, yet when this is brought up, zealous groups, the LGBT community in particular, they make every attempt to call the Word a lie and call the Believers of God hypocrites (when they too are hypocrites) and bully others into accepting them by "persecuting" them and what they believe in. They then turn the tables and try to say those who oppose their lifestyle are awful and narrow minded and cruel. We've all seen how they go after any and everyone who speaks out on homosexuality and the LGBT ways. Andthe world and society has bought into the mess the LGBT community spews, thus you have states that have same sex marriages. The Christians aren't the ones trying to redefine what God has already defined in any aspect of life. Christians and Believers are just trying to remind the world of what the Bible says, and trying to do what Jesus has commissioned us to do. Now, do I think some Christians go about this the wrong way? Yes, some do. Yet as a Believer of God, and for all true Believers of the Word, you cannot ignore what God has told us and what His Word says.

I'm not bashing gay people. I have a cousin that is gay and I love him very much. He's a good man, a very kind, caring person who will go out of his way to help anyone in need. I know it's his belief that his lifestyle is okay. We all have our own beliefs and are entitled to them. But any true Believer in God and Christ, and for those who profess God and His Word know that all beliefs are not good. And we have the Word and the Holy Spirit that gives us the wisdom and discernment to know the difference.

SS I just feel that he shouldn’t be suspended for saying it. I just feel like this society it trying to force us to accept it and go along with it as if this is normal and I just have a problem with that. If they want to live that way its fine but don’t come after me if I don’t agree with it.

He was suspended because the network has to protect its financial interests as it relates to sponsors and advertisers who are invested in that show as well. It is the same reason why radio hosts and TV anchors and commentators like Don Imus, Paula Deen and Martin Bashir found themselves in trouble for saying unbecoming things via the airwaves.

I don't think it's the Christians that want laws made based on our beliefs; if that were the case, there would be no redefining of marriage, no same sex marriages, no taking of Christ out of Christmas, etc. It's the LGBT community that has forced their lifestyle on society. LGBT community has come up with the impression that they are being discriminated against because not everyone wants to accept their lifestyle. They come up with this idea of "being born this way" or "God intended me to be this way" when in fact it is the very lifestyle that God speaks against. Just like God did not create us to be murderous or adulterous or warmongers or such, neither did He create man to leave his natural relations with women for men (and vice versa). For Christians and Believers, we know the Word is clear and precise about everything, yet when this is brought up, zealous groups, the LGBT community in particular, they make every attempt to call the Word a lie and call the Believers of God hypocrites (when they too are hypocrites) and bully others into accepting them by "persecuting" them and what they believe in. They then turn the tables and try to say those who oppose their lifestyle are awful and narrow minded and cruel. We've all seen how they go after any and everyone who speaks out on homosexuality and the LGBT ways. Andthe world and society has bought into the mess the LGBT community spews, thus you have states that have same sex marriages. The Christians aren't the ones trying to redefine what God has already defined in any aspect of life. Christians and Believers are just trying to remind the world of what the Bible says, and trying to do what Jesus has commissioned us to do. Now, do I think some Christians go about this the wrong way? Yes, some do. Yet as a Believer of God, and for all true Believers of the Word, you cannot ignore what God has told us and what His Word says.

And everything you stated is what YOU believe. Why should a person have to justify marrying another person simply because that person is the same sex? He/she shouldn't.

You're correct...Christians aren't trying to change the laws because the laws and practices in America were made based on Christian principles and are in favor of Christianity. (even though that's not what the Founders of this Country wanted). But what if someone doesn't believe in Christianity...why should that person have to follow those ideas when it comes to his/her personal space? People shouldn't need a law to be able to marry who they want to marry. People shouldn't need a law to not have their children forced to say/recite a Prayer in school. Not in this Country.

You're right...as a Believer of God, one "...cannot ignore what God has told us and what His Word says", but for the millions of people in this Country who aren't believers of your God they can ignore it and should be allowed to. Just like you can ignore the teachings of other Religions.

How would you feel if you had to protest, get petitions created, and march just so you can marry the man you're in love with? so your husband can share your benefits, make decisions for you when you are sick/dead, etc. All the things you see your co-workers do with ease?

He was suspended because the network has to protect its financial interests as it relates to sponsors and advertisers who are invested in that show as well. It is the same reason why radio hosts and TV anchors and commentators like Don Imus, Paula Deen and Martin Bashir found themselves in trouble for saying unbecoming things via the airwaves.

Yeah I know but it still doesn’t make it right.
I know they see money first, but somebody out there in the TV land needs to know. That appealing to things like this will only galvanizes the majority. A&E will actually suffer losses than gains on this issue.

I think it is utterly ridiculous to have fired the father. He is actually the creator of the dynasty if folks really want to know the history. The son just took it to another level.

What saddens me is that each time the show ended it showed the family in prayer at a dinner table or some form of moral message. What bothers me is that the homosexual community can have parades etc...even go as far as to compare their plight to the plight of blacks during the Jim Crow Era...yet, the minute someone states that they have problem with it, the Gay community gets in to an extreme uproar.

Let me say this, having read the Bible, Quran, and other religious books I find that the only difference is practice....at the end of the day. I view homosexuality as no larger sin than lying, fornicating, stealing, etc....some of the sins I have committed which makes me no better. I think the part in bold is what a lot of people fail to say when they are speaking about gays, etc...

He has not sinned let them cast the first stone....this is why I never persecute another for their sins. I think people need to watch HOW they say things...

Yeah I know but it still doesn’t make it right.
I know they see money first, but somebody out there in the TV land needs to know. That appealing to things like this will only galvanizes the majority. A&E will actually suffer losses than gains on this issue.

Believe me, folks out in TV land know. They don't need red necks to deliver that message.

I think it is utterly ridiculous to have fired the father. He is actually the creator of the dynasty if folks really want to know the history. The son just took it to another level.

He wasn't fired from the company...just the show, which is owned/managed by A&E. So the father is still involved with the company...just not the show. Well, he's probably still involved with the TV show behind the scenes...he just wont' be shown on the TV.

Let me say this, having read the Bible, Quran, and other religious books I find that the only difference is practice....at the end of the day. I view homosexuality as no larger sin than lying, fornicating, stealing, etc....some of the sins I have committed which makes me no better. I think the part in bold is what a lot of people fail to say when they are speaking about gays, etc...

He has not sinned let them cast the first stone....this is why I never persecute another for their sins. I think people need to watch HOW they say things...

Phil said the same thing in the article.

I think Phil would have been alright with stating he doesn't believe in Homosexuality, or even if he said he believes Homosexuality is a sin. Phil caught flack because he compared it to bestiality.

bes·ti·al·i·ty

noun
1. savagely cruel or depraved behavior.

2. sexual intercourse between a person and an animal.

What saddens me is that each time the show ended it showed the family in prayer at a dinner table or some form of moral message. What bothers me is that the homosexual community can have parades etc...even go as far as to compare their plight to the plight of blacks during the Jim Crow Era...yet, the minute someone states that they have problem with it, the Gay community gets in to an extreme uproar.

People always say they don't view homosexuality as bigger than any other sin, but their actions and statements say otherwise.

He wasn't fired from the company...just the show, which is owned/managed by A&E. So the father is still involved with the company...just not the show. Well, he's probably still involved with the TV show behind the scenes...he just wont' be shown on the TV.

Phil said the same thing in the article.

I think Phil would have been alright with stating he doesn't believe in Homosexuality, or even if he said he believes Homosexuality is a sin. Phil caught flack because he compared it to bestiality.

bes·ti·al·i·ty

noun
1. savagely cruel or depraved behavior.

2. sexual intercourse between a person and an animal.

I read his comments and I don’t see where he made a comparison between the two. In short he said if you try out homosexuality it would evolve in to other things such as bestiality and promiscuity. Comparing would be equating the two. He did not do that.

Back