Prairie View A&M selects PBK Sports to design Football Stadium & Athletic Field House

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new state of the art track & field venue looks remarkable...and quite intimidating as it sits by itself w/ its own grandstand not inside of a football stadium. Recruit speed, speed, & more speed PVAMU. :D

The wait is over.

Isn't it beautiful?

12651093_10201211853814698_8870598120080095060_n.jpg

You all have a nice write up in today's Houston Chronicle.

Prairie View's new football stadium serves school in variety of ways

Project, game in College Station strengthen ties to Texas A&M
By Brent Zwerneman

920x1240.jpg

Photo: Brent Zwerneman

Prairie View A&M coach Willie Simmons was excited to show off the progress on a $61 million stadium on Thursday and even more enthusiastic about playing in it this fall.
PRAIRIE VIEW - Willie Simmons, readying for his second season as Prairie View A&M's football coach, tried sitting in on a handful of meetings with the company constructing the Panthers' pristine $61 million stadium, scheduled for completion this summer.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Simmons finally told the builders and engineers in playfully requesting they sit in on one of his X's and O's football meetings. "I just know things are getting done."

Indeed, with construction ongoing behind a who's who of Prairie View, the university offered a "public progress report" just outside Panther Stadium's new walls on Thursday - and Simmons & Co. could not be more pleased.

"This stadium gives us opportunities for a lot of things we haven't had in the past," he said.

The 15,000-seat Panther Stadium and Field House on the site of the old stadium is set for completion in time for the school's Sept. 3 home opener against rival Texas Southern.

"Buy your tickets now," Simmons said with a smile of the grand opening. "Because if you don't, you won't get in the door."

Con't - Houston Chronicle

Yep, I believe that happened from 1989-1998.. What's that... 17 years ago now?

But the 80 game losing streak occurred just yesterday, to quite a few. :D

THAT is why I'm sitting on the East side stands forever. I wanna' see if all those negative comments I heard during that 80 game skid and prior will still ensue as we're breaking a foot off in their team's raggedy azz. :D

The commentor "alois" is blindly stupid smh. The campus infrastructure was visited over the last 20+ years. smh The academic footing was in place a long time ago. The athletic venues are just now catching up to the aesthetics and offerability that the academic structures offer(ed/s). That person never visited our campus, obviously lol. :D

Also, I do not think "the days of Jerry Rice and others is gone." They simply aren't being seduced in large volume. ::read:: We'll do our part to attract those w/ a brain, who have great mental comprehension lol :D .

Last edited:
Yep, I hate when jokers do all that d@mn talking and don't know what they talking about. Now the Chron wants me to pay to go back in the story ain't that some isht?

It's still in the free edition, just scroll down past that subscription box.

The commentor "alois" is blindly stupid smh. The campus infrastructure was visited over the last 20+ years. smh The academic footing was in place a long time ago. The athletic venues are just now catching up to the aesthetics and offerability that the academic structures offer(ed/s). That person never visited our campus, obviously lol. :D

Also, I do not think "the days of Jerry Rice and others is gone." They simply aren't being seduced in large volume. ::read:: We'll do our part to attract those w/ a brain, who have great mental comprehension lol :D .

You saw what I told him, he is sorely uninformed smh

The stadium will only seat 15,000.....wow. From the looks of it, it looked like it would seat more. Will there any more room for expansion if needed in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back