Power Book II: Ghost

After watching Episodes 6 & 7, this is really wearing me out. There are so many sub stories and so much conflict. Many of it is petty. I figure Courtney Kemp is purposely trying to keep viewers tuned by piling on much drama.

When I first watched Power, it was simple to me. A man named James St. Patrick who had good intentions in a bad world that kept pulling him in. He was not an innocent man but you cheered for him and wanted him to win. Every time he stayed a step ahead of his adversaries, you were glad about it. I mean, that is what had me locked, how James could always stay a step or two ahead of his enemies.

I figured that was how they were going to have us look at his son Tariq. However, it just seems he can't win or get ahead at all. There is too much drama for an 18 year old to handle. It is still watchable though. It's just no longer a priority. Maybe it will all get better for me, but my head is tired.

In a nutshell, I just want to see the lil dude win while understanding and coming to terms with what his Pops had to go through.

....just one man's opinion

Last edited:
Okay, I just finished watching episode 8. In my opinion, this one was very good. Lots of unexpected things and unique surprises. Things makes much more sense. Sometimes it really is good to wait and see how a story ends. At first I couldn't stand Little Tariq. Now I want to see him win. ....and he just might do it. Now I eagerly look forward to the next episode.

Caught the first episode of season 2. I think overall, this season will be a little stronger now that the story has developed.

So far, not as dramatic as the first season and for me that's a good thing. I heard someone say, Tariq needs to be schooled in using his hands because you just get the feeling more peeps are coming for him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h3b76rTO7s

Caught the first episode of season 2. I think overall, this season will be a little stronger now that the story has developed.

So far, not as dramatic as the first season and for me that's a good thing. I heard someone say, Tariq needs to be schooled in using his hands because you just get the feeling more peeps are coming for him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h3b76rTO7s

Tariq will end up locked up....I'm wondering why his younger sister didn't go in to Witness Protection with the mother.....that was weird.

A lot to unpack after the last episode. I love to see Tariq struggling.

Watch out when Lorenzo gets out!!!

Monet is going to clash with Diana before it's all said and done. I got a feeling Tariq is going to hit, push Diana over the edge, and get her to do what he did to Ghost.

I see that the writers are still vilifying James St. Patrick aka Ghost even in his death. The least they could have done as Tariq read his letter is use Ghost's voice. LOL.....

Last edited:
I really thought that was going to happen. It felt good to watch Tariq get his ass beat.
Monet is losing control and getting emotional. I never saw this coming, but i think her list of possible killers is growing.
The difference between Tariq and Ghost is that Tariq actually did at least half of it.
The next episode is going to be 🔥 🔥 🔥!!!

Dirty Diana!!!!

The have the best actor to play Zeke. You can look at his face and tell he is oblivious to everything going on. That's some good acting.

When Tejada told Mary J "you need to leave." My wife was like "Girl when a man is so mad that he is that calm....death is next."

Monet warned Carie to sit this one out.
Mecca ain't stupid, but someone had to die. Monet is the only reason Cane is still alive.

Based on the preview for next week, it looks like Zeke found Carrie's body hanging from the ceiling. The question is: Did Carrie commit suicide or did Monet kill her to make it look like she committed suicide.

On a side note...(and if this has been previously discussed forgive me)...but realized last season that Carrie is British. Them damn Brits!

Back