Power Book II: Ghost

Tariq could end up getting Cain killed. I see Tariq learning from Monet, using her daughter, and setting up Cain. Tariq cannot be trusted.

SIDENOTE: I don't think Tariq is over Effy, and she will be back in the picture (Monet may be her supplier). I see Tariq in a love rectangle with Effy, Monet's daughter, and his classmate (All 3 are in love with him, but Effy seems a little more self confident than the others). I hope he gets everything his deserves.

I think he may not be but the reason he doesn't want Cain to run the family is because like all smart criminals they attempt to either legalize their activities so their family won't go to prison or they train a family member to keep things on the low and not draw a lot of attention.

Cain is going to be the one to kill the cop who is sleeping with his mom. Which would be one of the dumbest things ever.

True, the father has labeled Cain as a "hothead." LOL

I think he may not be but the reason he doesn't want Cain to run the family is because like all smart criminals they attempt to either legalize their activities so their family won't go to prison or they train a family member to keep things on the low and not draw a lot of attention.

Cain is going to be the one to kill the cop who is sleeping with his mom. Which would be one of the dumbest things ever.
I am wondering why they have never heard or run into the St. Patricks.

Tariq could end up getting Cain killed. I see Tariq learning from Monet, using her daughter, and setting up Cain. Tariq cannot be trusted.

SIDENOTE: I don't think Tariq is over Effy, and she will be back in the picture (Monet may be her supplier). I see Tariq in a love rectangle with Effy, Monet's daughter, and his classmate (All 3 are in love with him, but Effy seems a little more self confident than the others). I hope he gets everything his deserves.

It's possible.....

Forgive me but I keep wondering if Cain is really gangster dude in jail real son......LOL According to the after-show breakdown though, his vision of Cain and Dru is better than Monet's.....

Plot is similar to the parallel from The Godfather role with Michael (in this case Dru being the more sensible and pragmatic one) and Sonny (Cain being the firebrand or hot head).

Just watched episode 4....

@GSUperTiger your analysis & @SUjagTILLiDIE your pics have helped me to make sense of it all. You two have helped me to see where the writers are taking this.

@BraveMan97 your are right about "The agenda." ....sigh & smh

Overall I still think Power Book II:Ghost is decent. I guess this episode just wore my mind out. It was simply "all over the place." I'm now convinced that none of the spinoffs will be able to compare to the first 2 and half seasons of Power which were all perfect and on point to me (shrugs)...

I also like the fact that Tariq is giving more credit and respect to his father, understanding more and more why he was who he was and did the things he did.

Last edited:
The "agenda" has infiltrated this show too, smh...

Also, The DNC is made to look real slimy right before election time. If history has taught us anything, you can't put nothing past our enemy and those who look like us, but help our enemy.

If people on this page have black male children or know of anyone that has them, it should be evident now that it's time to "circle the wagons".

Like I said earlier Ghost needs to return and act as a guide for Tyrick (sp). Similar to the movie Mr. Brooks. Basically Ghost would wear the same clothes he was killed in and would help Tyrick in the game.
But what if....I mean.....there was a reason why they never showed Ghost's body at the funeral...what if he is really alive...he went hiding...but was watching Tariq the whole time from a distance....and when Tariq needs him most...he reappears and schools him privately....man that would be so cool. But I know, just wishful thinking right? .....on second thought nah...that would be too much of a stretch...

Last edited:

Tariq killed his father; Tasha is the one who put it in Ghost head to tell Tariq to confess and then turned it around on him.

Ghost caused all these problems when he left his family. A man or woman leaves their family for another person gets no respect from me. Plus Ghost put his hands on Tasha.

Ghost caused all these problems when he left his family. A man or woman leaves their family for another person gets no respect from me. Plus Ghost put his hands on Tasha.
How about Tasha caused these problems because she couldn't see the big picture for her family, she didn't believe in her husband, she fingers herself for Shawn BEFORE Ghost started messing with Angela, it was her idea for Ghost to move on Canaan, setting everything in motion.

Tasha ain't innocent

The "agenda" has infiltrated this show too, smh...

Man, I started watching this new show about abolitionist John Brown (forgot whether it's on Showtime or HBOMAX). They actually have a young boy dressed like and playing a young woman. It's hard to ignore the point when you turn to a black show it's the SOS......smh Thank goodness the new season of Fargo (with Chris Rock) hasn't been "infiltrated" yet....LOL

How about Tasha caused these problems because she couldn't see the big picture for her family, she didn't believe in her husband, she fingers herself for Shawn BEFORE Ghost started messing with Angela, it was her idea for Ghost to move on Canaan, setting everything in motion.

Tasha ain't innocent
And she wanted to stay in that "dirty" lifestyle instead of going legit. Ghost wanted to become legit and Tasha wanted to stay gutta

Back