Possible AAC/CUSA/Sun Belt Merger

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
ULL is the second best program in Louisiana…….LT is delusional.
One could debate that they are they are the second best team at the moment, but Louisiana Tech actually is the better program. They have seen more success than ULL.

La Tech has higher caliber coaches, a few Division II National Championships under their belt, more conference titles, and a significant amount of post season appearances compared to ULL in all sports.

They also have overall winning record as a program, and owns the series between the two schools.

One could debate that they are they are the second best team at the moment, but Louisiana Tech actually is the better program. They have seen more success than ULL.

La Tech has higher caliber coaches, a few Division II National Championships under their belt, more conference titles, and a significant amount of post season appearances compared to ULL in all sports.

They also have overall winning record as a program, and owns the series between the two schools.

Historically, that may be so. Football is king and currently, they aren’t….so I will agree to disagree.

Historically, that may be so. Football is king and currently, they aren’t….so I will agree to disagree.

Football is king, but the facts are in black ink. ULL is definitely in the race, but the fact is that they have some more winning to do before they can hold up a Silver Medal. La Tech owns the series and is on a 8 game winning streak in it. #24 UTSA is 8-0, but that doesn’t make them the best “program” in the state of Texas. UCF’s 13-0 season might have made them the best “team” in Florida, but not the best program no matter how you slice it.

Marshall to the Sunbelt is official now too. My guess is Gill had them to stretch this out for the whole week to keep the conference in the headlines. Smart.

I guess I'm the only one that thought that the SunBelt was really like a step or more below Conference USA. But I guess C-USA losing programs over the years knocked them down.

CUSA had leverage at one point but it was their decision to stick with schools that had large markets over schools with good programs that did them in. They ended up getting a crappy media deal where their games ended up on facebook and teams weren't with it. Bad leadership killed their conference in other words. That and the fact that the AAC continually takes their teams.

Interesting:

Conference USA currently has only five members — UTEP, Louisiana Tech, Middle Tennessee State, Florida International and Western Kentucky — committed to the league long-term.

C-USA Commissioner Judy MacLeod has said the conference is pursuing new members, including FCS schools that are considering making the move to FBS, the NCAA's top tier of Division I college football.

Other possible options for C-USA include FBS independents Connecticut, Massachusetts, Liberty and New Mexico State.

UConn athletic director David Benedict told CTInsider.com that the school had an exploratory conversation with C-USA officials about a football-only membership. UConn rejoined the Big East for basketball and most of its other sports programs last year.

As far as I'm concerned, La. Tech can kick rocks. Ol' bougie bastards!

I have no dog in this fight, but the folks at Tech think they are God's second greatest gift (behind LSU) to the state of Louisiana. Despite being only 30 minutes from Monroe, they refuse to play ULM (Sun Belt member). They've looked down on the ULM folks for decades but look at them now. 😄

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ULM told the Sun Belt not to invite La. Tech. 😂
Would not surprise me. I don't know if many people remember, but when Southern Miss was whooping up on the bad boys, when both them and Florida St. were independents. The SEC wanted both of them. Southern Miss was constantly whooping Miss. State and Ole Miss and were winning the state recruiting. Ole Miss and Miss. State and a few more (I think LSU and bama) basically blocked them from gaining admission. I know at least Florida and I believe Georgia, voted against Florida St. So talk about haters.

If that’s the case, last time I checked Tulane is still in Louisiana…..lol
JRock, you may wanna check your map again. When Katrina came through, it actually took Tulane and set it outside of Slidel,l, but on the Mississippi. But they don't publize it.

As far as I'm concerned, La. Tech can kick rocks. Ol' bougie bastards!

I have no dog in this fight, but the folks at Tech think they are God's second greatest gift (behind LSU) to the state of Louisiana. Despite being only 30 minutes from Monroe, they refuse to play ULM (Sun Belt member). They've looked down on the ULM folks for decades but look at them now. 😄

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ULM told the Sun Belt not to invite La. Tech. 😂
Man, when I worked with their Athletic Department under Dooley, them bitches use to act like they were a Big 12 Program. They turned their noses up at renewing a ULM rivalry, and turned down a 3 game series with Tulane that would have given them three games in the Superdome. ULM even pitched a Ruston-Monroe-Shreveport-Ruston idea to them that got shut down by Dooley himself. They thought that the WAC was a better conference for their name on the National Scale, but really it was the Women’s Basketball Program that had them in the map. They struggled to get locals and students to buy into the WAC Home games. Nobody cared to see them play Fresno State or New Mexico State can home. I was happy for them when the moved to C-USA.

The only thing I like about La Tech is that they do have more respect for Grambling than ULM does.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tech lol

Still think WBB means something but when LSU kicked it into high gear Tech was an afterthought

They have an elitist mentality despite being a FBs bottom feeder - they’re in FBS purgatory and will be in a league soon with old Southland schools

Who wants to waste money going FBS when all your doing is filling spots and chasing false dreams?

251365909_4415911851829519_4656334847962135236_n.jpg

So basically we’re just throwing out what geographically makes sense to court these mega conferences while the middle teir to lower end budgeted fbs teams were already struggling prior to the conferences saying go big or go home …

Mid-American Conference could add MTSU, Western Kentucky by end of the week | Report​

The news comes a week after more than half of the schools in Conference USA — of which MTSU and Western Kentucky are members — announced they were leaving the conference.

The addition of MTSU and WKU would give the MAC 14 teams. It would also leave Conference USA with just Texas El-Paso, Florida International and Louisiana Tech.

C-USA is losing six members to the American Athletic Conference (Alabama-Birmingham, Texas-San Antonio, Rice, North Texas, Charlotte and Florida Atlantic) and three to the Sun Belt (Marshall, Old Dominion, Southern Miss).

Conference realignment: Ryan Bamford searching for home for UMass football​

UMass doesn’t want to be the last program left standing in the latest round of college football conference realignment.

After six Conference USA schools bolted for the American Athletic Conference last week, The Athletic’s Chris Vannini reported Thursday that Conference USA is in negotiations with New Mexico State, Liberty and UConn – all independents like the Minutemen. UConn is considering joining as a football only member, while the other two would join the league in all sports.

There are currently just five Conference USA members committed to the league long-term.

With all of the moving pieces, UMass athletic director Ryan Bamford has tried to put the Minutemen, an FBS independent since 2016, in the mix.

I guess I'm the only one that thought that the SunBelt was really like a step or more below Conference USA. But I guess C-USA losing programs over the years knocked them down.

It was at first but like the MEAC (compared to the SWAC), if you don't leadership that can move you to the next level and you become stagnant, you end up like C-USA (meanwhile Dr. Mac added FAMU and BCU and has been fundraising like crazy). Plus over the past 3-4 years, the Sun Belt has become arguably the best G5 conference surpassing the AAC with the addition of App State and the rise of CCU and ULL along with Troy staying consistent with that upset of LSU on the resume.

Back