Possible AAC/CUSA/Sun Belt Merger

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They're only a couple of years out of 8 and 9 win seasons. One coach is pretty much all it takes. They'll still have a scholarship advantage, see ULM. And that was possibly the worst FBS team out there right now. G5 teams are always just one coach away, ask Cinci or Coastal.

Times-Dispatch @RTDNEWS
The Times-Dispatch confirmed a Wednesday report from The Athletic that the Sun Belt Conference has sights on expansion, with JMU, Old Dominion, Marshall and Southern Mississippi top prospects.

View: https://twitter.com/RTDNEWS/status/1451309864488210438?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1451309864488210438%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vcuramnation.com%2Fforums%2Fthreads%2Ffor-funsies-conference-reallignment-creation.19141%2Fpage-89

Louisiana Tech is going to be an odd ball out.
As far as I'm concerned, La. Tech can kick rocks. Ol' bougie bastards!

I have no dog in this fight, but the folks at Tech think they are God's second greatest gift (behind LSU) to the state of Louisiana. Despite being only 30 minutes from Monroe, they refuse to play ULM (Sun Belt member). They've looked down on the ULM folks for decades but look at them now. 😄

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ULM told the Sun Belt not to invite La. Tech. 😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I wouldn't be so sure yet. CUSA probably has 10 minimum fcs teams blowing up their phone right now looking to fill those holes. Sam Houston and McNeese have already been mentioned. I think they'll backfill with FCS teams and keep it moving.

The WAC does have the ability to move up to FBS if they choose to though. I think that's what's expected to happen at some point.

Sun Belt has two non-football playing members UT-Arlington and AR-Little Rock. Allegedly there is a mutual understanding between the SBC, UTA, and Little Rock that it would be in all parties' best interests for those two schools to go to new conferences that don't sponsor FBS football. ::)

SBC Hoops
new members increases the overall SBC profile in hoops
still a one bid league tho

Kenpom preseason rankings:

111 MU
132 ODU
182 JMU
192 USM

103 GSU
152 TXST
170 APP
177 UL
184 stAte

209 CC
232 Troy
252 ULM
262 UTA
263 GS
267 USA
298 LR

Did they really say “Texas and Friends”

Actually that’s two conferences….I wonder how many would bowl eligible.

Old Dominion University Joins the Sun Belt Conference​

ODU President Brian O. Hemphill, Ph.D., (center) is shown with Sun Belt Conference Commissioner Keith Gill (left) and Arkansas State University Chancellor Kelly Damphousse, Ph.D., formally accepting the Sun Belt's invitation and officially signing on as a league member.​

Norfolk, Va., Oct. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Old Dominion University has accepted an invitation to join the Sun Belt Conference. ODU will join the Sun Belt Conference no later than July 1, 2023.

"Joining the Sun Belt Conference is a game-changer for Old Dominion University and our athletic program. We are excited about the expanded opportunities and limitless possibilities now and well into the future," ODU President Brian Hemphill, Ph.D., said.

As far as I'm concerned, La. Tech can kick rocks. Ol' bougie bastards!

I have no dog in this fight, but the folks at Tech think they are God's second greatest gift (behind LSU) to the state of Louisiana. Despite being only 30 minutes from Monroe, they refuse to play ULM (Sun Belt member). They've looked down on the ULM folks for decades but look at them now. 😄

It wouldn't surprise me at all if ULM told the Sun Belt not to invite La. Tech. 😂

ULL is the second best program in Louisiana…….LT is delusional.

Back