Poor SWAC Officiating

The GSU

Once again the SWAC Refs drop the ball. The fight between PV and Grambling could have been avoided if the officials make the neccessary calls to keep on the BS off the field. Grambling players were being hit late after the wistle, PV player even had the nerves to stand over #21 Carter from Grambling and talk shiii after a good hit. The officials should have step in way before the happened.

And I would like to add this note to PV: You don't get respect acting with such little class point blank. Thank God for the foundation that Eddie Robinson laid at Grambling. We have lost 10 out of 11 Classics and not once has Grambling decided that we are so upset that we would f the entire game up with BS.

ok.....who was celebrating 30-yard bombs late in the game? Melvin Spears....name which school whose assistant coach was trying to choke a PV player?

Eddie Robinson did the same thing. He would put up 65 if he could. It is not Grambling's job to keep the score close. This was a National Televised game. Grambling nor did the SWAC need this point blank.

the band fan said:
Melvin Spears....name which school whose assistant coach was trying to choke a PV player?

TBF, You are a Republican when it comes to Grambling anyway. What you see nobody else sees. Damm George Bush

TGee said:
Eddie Robinson did the same thing. He would put up 65 if he could. It is not Grambling's job to keep the score close. This was a National Televised game. Grambling nor did the SWAC need this point blank.

I don't understand why PV lacks so much discipline. We had to get in their arse in Beaumont over their foolishness that made Nat'l news. Maybe it is a Napoleonic complex.

Shaking My Head at TGee!!

It takes at least two people to fight and I do not condone unsportmanlike play by anybody.

Talking about class that Eddie Robinson brought to the program and unfortunately, I have scene Coach Robinson and Coach Williams put up a great deal of points on the board against the Panther. But, never in my opinion has it been running up the score or bush league it has always been with back-ups seeking an opportunity to make their mark and with-in the basic rules of the game.

While, I believe wholeheartedly that it is the opposing team job to stop a team from scoring. Anybody that has followed football for any amount of time in their life, especially with in the confines of district or conference play would tell you that throwing a deep pass play over 30 yards with the starting quarterback in the game with less than 1:15 in the game and a 22 point lead is ...

JROCK...should I even respond...have any of your athletes been hurt by the scandal yet?

I just watched the game....1:46 left, 2 touchdown lead....all Spears has to do is run the clock out and work on his bad running attack...instead, a pass play is called....obvious running the score up and a cheap shot...

the tape does not lie

the band fan said:
I just watched the game....1:46 left, 2 touchdown lead....all Spears has to do is run the clock out and work on his bad running attack...instead, a pass play is called....obvious running the score up and a cheap shot...

the tape does not lie

If you saw the tape then you should not mention the word "Cheap Shot". Picking a player off the ground and slamming him to the ground after the whistle was blown and the game is over is a Cheap Shot. Running into a player head first while his back is turned is a cowardly "cheap shot".

you saw the "truck" feed? I saw who threatened who...words don't lie

did you also see the Grambling fan in the red shirt jump out of the stands also? Poor guy got beat up so bad the cops let him go...lol

all Spears had to do is run the clock out to prevent further "cheap" (that's what you call it) shots..right?

at GSU...coaches choking players is acceptable... pitiful

the band fan said:
you saw the "truck" feed? I saw who threatened who...words don't lie

I didn't need to see a truck feed. I saw it upclose.

These people are a good part of the blame.
Officials: Referee: Lawson Turner; Umpire: Kenneth Orourke;
Linesman: Raymond Woodfor; Line judge: Hudson Hinton; Back judge: Alvin Moore;
Field judge: Gregory Marshal; Side judge: Tom Suitt; Scorer: Ryan McGinty;

Wasn't some of these refs mentioned in a game before as being bad? I would like to add a few more refs to that list from this past weekend, but I'll leave it alone. We won inspite of them.

MACHIAVELLI said:
I didn't need to see a truck feed. I saw it upclose.

These people are a good part of the blame.
Officials: Referee: Lawson Turner; Umpire: Kenneth Orourke;
Linesman: Raymond Woodfor; Line judge: Hudson Hinton; Back judge: Alvin Moore;
Field judge: Gregory Marshal; Side judge: Tom Suitt; Scorer: Ryan McGinty;

:xeye:

BTW, kicks after safety, even when punted by the punter, are scored as kickoffs....that is all.

I would add to the conversation on what happened but why. Everybody was wrong. I could tell you things that were going on before the game. But, what would be the point? PV people will point out what Grambling did and Grambling people will point out what PV did.

we got the personal foul calls, we had a player ejected..so obviously, the refs saw something...

when they reprimand someone, I hope its fair...I had the birds eye view of every fight on the field.

PNeck..Hernandez is a best punter in the SWAC hands down....when he drilled that 59 yarder that was all it took....tell your boy its nice being second team.

As an football official I can say that is was not the officials fault that the fight started. One thing people have to see is that there are men playing this game and not kids. Once the game is over the officials are not in control of the game any longer. The control is in the hands of the Coaches and the Schools Administrators. If they can't control there students then that's where the problem is.

the band fan said:
we got the personal foul calls, we had a player ejected..so obviously, the refs saw something...

when they reprimand someone, I hope its fair...I had the birds eye view of every fight on the field.

PNeck..Hernandez is a best punter in the SWAC hands down....when he drilled that 59 yarder that was all it took....tell your boy its nice being second team.

Actually "my" boy has zero punts in his SU career.

I'd rank Hernandez second currently behind JSU's Domenick Addison.

Against Grambling, Hernandez got credit for 53 and 39 yard punts that he should have been given kickoff yardage for. Instead of 9 for 426 (47.3), his true puntings stats were 7 for 334 (47.7). His average for the season is slightly inflated because of these errors.

In addition, Jermaine Mills was given 27 PR yards when it should have been KOR. The same for Mays' 9 yard return.

Back