Pepsi boycott ........

Originally posted by jstate83

:confused:

And using Lud as the center of their "urban hip-hop" comercial series is not good marketing? If you have watched him in an interview, outside of his music, he dose not take himself that serious either. He clowns all the time.

Let's think...

Reach a niche or reach the masses.

I think I'll go for the masses.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

To be honest, I don't think many of us watch his show or buy his books. So I really don't know how effective a boycott against him would be.

It's more the "encourage others" part, unless you only know Black people.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by D-NICE
j83, I understand the double standard ......

Now if Russell really wanted to make an impact, why wait dayum near a year to boycott?

R. Simmons

Originally posted by sophandros

Let's think...

Reach a niche or reach the masses.

I think I'll go for the masses.

The question was "is this a double-standard" ....
not who can reach the masses.

The question was "is this a double-standard" ....
not who can reach the masses.

It's not a double standard. It's about the almighty dollar.

Originally posted by sophandros

It's not a double standard. It's about the almighty dollar.

Not a double-standard .............:uhoh: :smh:

About the almighty dollar .............. :nod: (always will be)

j83, I understand the double standard ......

Now if Russell really wanted to make an impact, why wait dayum near a year to boycott?

R. Simmons

Now the first Paragraph of that article is interesting...

?FALLING OUT OF favor in the hip-hop community could be very damaging,? Simmons said Wednesday. He also wants Pepsi to issue an apology and donate $5 million to his charity organization.

Cat Daddy, it is indeed very interesting. My take on it is, it's not at all about Ludacris, but a way for Russell to get 5 mil for his charity.

If Pepsi gives him the money (which I doubt), he will be kissing Pepsi's arse all over the place. He's simply using this situation for his own gain, because if Pepsi (which I doubt) gives him the money, watch how fast the boycott stops.

Luda got paid, and now so does Russell, I'm all for causes dealing with injustice, but again, here we go again with another foolish arsed boycott, IMO.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not going to stop drinking Gatorade, & Iced Tea, and I'm dayum sure not goint to stop eating Lay's Potato Chips, & Tostitoe's products, all because Russell Simmons wants to use Black people to get himself 5 million dollars from Pepsi.

NICE

You all know I had to add my two cents...

Ok... I am kinds pissed that we are all up in arms about Pepsi and no one could give a rats asa about Coke

Coke is the largest private own company in Africa and it is only providing only 1.5% of their workers in Africa with access to HIV/AIDS treatment. And of those 1.5% they are white:

In 2001 alone, AIDS killed 2.3 million African people.

That same year, Coca-Cola's net operating revenues in Africa came to $621 million, the highest growth rates among all regions.

Coke's most profitable markets in the continent are in sub-Saharan Africa--where 26 million people are infected.

Every day 8,000 people with HIV/AIDS die because the life-sustaining antiretroviral medications that have dramatically improved the health of people with HIV in wealthy nations are out of reach.

95% of the world's 40 million people with HIV do not have access to necessary treatment and care because multinational corporations and world leaders don't consider treating them to be "cost effective."

So what is the bigger issue, Pepsi dropping Luda or Coke practing MEDICAL APARTHEID

Toi,
You are making excellent points. You can probably say that for a lot of companies, American and European, in Africa. But some things must change. I think that it first comes from the leaders of the African countries. Understand that Africa is the richest continent when it comes to minerals. Yet, the masses are not benefiting.

If we as a people truly understand what Malcolm X said in the last few chapters of his autobiography, things would be better for those in the African diaspora as well as the motherland.

Cat Daddy, it is indeed very interesting. My take on it is, it's not at all about Ludacris, but a way for Russell to get 5 mil for his charity.

If Pepsi gives him the money (which I doubt), he will be kissing Pepsi's arse all over the place. He's simply using this situation for his own gain, because if Pepsi (which I doubt) gives him the money, watch how fast the boycott stops.

Luda got paid, and now so does Russell, I'm all for causes dealing with injustice, but again, here we go again with another foolish arsed boycott, IMO.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not going to stop drinking Gatorade, & Iced Tea, and I'm dayum sure not goint to stop eating Lay's Potato Chips, & Tostitoe's products, all because Russell Simmons wants to use Black people to get himself 5 million dollars from Pepsi.

NICE

I could not have said better myself.

Basically, Russell is saying, "I'll call the dogs off if you pay me off." :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JSU*Toi
You all know I had to add my two cents...

Ok... I am kinds pissed that we are all up in arms about Pepsi and no one could give a rats asa about Coke

Coke is the largest private own company in Africa and it is only providing only 1.5% of their workers in Africa with access to HIV/AIDS treatment. And of those 1.5% they are white:

In 2001 alone, AIDS killed 2.3 million African people.

That same year, Coca-Cola's net operating revenues in Africa came to $621 million, the highest growth rates among all regions.

Coke's most profitable markets in the continent are in sub-Saharan Africa--where 26 million people are infected.

Every day 8,000 people with HIV/AIDS die because the life-sustaining antiretroviral medications that have dramatically improved the health of people with HIV in wealthy nations are out of reach.

95% of the world's 40 million people with HIV do not have access to necessary treatment and care because multinational corporations and world leaders don't consider treating them to be "cost effective."

So what is the bigger issue, Pepsi dropping Luda or Coke practing MEDICAL APARTHEID

Don't forget companies like Nestle, who are pushing their baby formula in Africa. Problem, when a mother switches to formula, she stops making milk (which is more healthy than formula). Additionally, there are the added risks associated with a lack of clean water, clean bottles, and other medical situations. So, these companies are helping with the KILLING OF BABIES.

But CNN or Fox won't report that, just as they refuse to report that N. Korea has stated that they have no problems with striking first against the US if we put any military out there.

Back