Pepsi boycott ........

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Wouldn't matter to me. I don't that eat sh*t. It's loaded with sugar and additives. Much like DIEt soda.

Let's Give The LADY A STANDING OVATION!!!

Originally posted by Ms. Jag4Jag
I don't know but I don't like Pepsi anyway.

Here! Here! You are sooooo RIGHT Ms. J4J. :tup: :tup:

What is Bill O'Reilly saying about Pepsi having the Osbournes? If he is not saying anything then Russell Simmons needs to direct his anger towards O'Reilly. BTW as I see it, it is hard to put truth and O'Reilly in the same sentence.

O'Reilly has not said anything. It's not like the ad was a secret.
It was played during and after the Superbowl.

Pepsi spokesman Dave DeCecco said of Ludacris' ouster last year, "We blew it. That was our mistake. We learned from it and we've moved on."

Pepsi said it hasn't blackballed or stopped using hip-hop or rap artists in its commercials, and has continued to use them even after the Ludacris incident.
If that's the case, I don't see what the big issue is with Simmons.

and sorry MsJ4J, but I drink Pepsi
:p

I agree EB, the boycott should be aimed at Bill O'Reilly. Pepsi, like any other business is going to buckle if they recieve backlash from consumers, or any large group making waves (Unless you're Augusta National).

Pepsi also pulled Madonna adds, and they fired Michael Jackson, I wouldn't boycott Pepsi for pulling an add because of pressure, and to compare Ludacris' situation to Ozzy Osbourne is crazy, for the simple fact that the Osbourne's have a television show, that millions of people watch every week, and they just hosted one of those award shows.

I know obscenity it obscenity, but Pepsi isn't going to view OO the same way, because he's on TV every week, and other sponsors pay good money to run spots during his show.

On top of that, Pepsi still honored their contract with Luda, and paid the man his money. If Luda didn't have a problem with his ads being removed, then why should I?

NICE

Crazy?

Originally posted by D-NICE

to compare Ludacris' situation to Ozzy Osbourne is crazy, for the simple fact that the Osbourne's have a television show, that millions of people watch every week, and they just hosted one of those award shows.

So, having a tv show that millions of people watch makes the Osbourne a better fit for their ads? When Pepsi "cop-out" under the e-mail campain started by O'Reilly, they made the statement to the effect that Lud's lyric's didn't "fit" their targated audience .... Mom's, Dad's, kids ........ families. On the Osbourne, you have kid's cursing their parents, using drugs and drinking ... (with the parents saying there is nothing they can do about it).

As far as the awards show, they were cursing people and dropping the F you phrase so much, some of the presenters just left in protest.

The point about the double-standard is not that they paid Lud's contract out. The point is why do they think the Osbourne's is a better fit after looking at what their show and personalities are all about and Lud and other "rap" acts are not?

I'm not saying The Osbournes having a TV show makes them the right fit for Pepsi. I'm saying The Osbournes having a TV show makes it easier for Pepsi to have an edgy figure to sell their product.

NICE

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by SAME OLD G
So unless I miss something, tell me this, how do you boycott Bill O'Reilly?

Don't watch his show or buy his books and encourage others to do the same.

Originally posted by D-NICE
I'm not saying The Osbournes having a TV show makes them the right fit for Pepsi. I'm saying The Osbournes having a TV show makes it easier for Pepsi to have an edgy figure to sell their product.

NICE

I agree that a TV show makes it easier for Pepsi to market their product, but what I think R. Simmons is saying is Lud's ad was to be put in a "block" of comercials aimed at the "urban hip-hop" culture. The ad was pulled before it was aired. The reason, besides the e-mail, was that Lud's lyric's sends the wrong image to it's customers. What image is the Osbourne's putting out for Pepsi if they were so comcerned about the image they want to potray to their customers.

Making it "easier" to sell their product is not the point, (when talking double-standards). They were "so concerned" about their image when the decided not to use a star that was identified with the very customers they were trying to target, but "overlooked" the same things when they decided to use the Osbourne's just 3 months later. Their memories can't be that short.

That's the double-standard.

Originally posted by SAME OLD G
So unless I miss something, tell me this, how do you boycott Bill O'Reilly?

Good question?

Originally posted by jstate83

I agree that a TV show makes it easier for Pepsi to market their product, but what I think R. Simmons is saying is Lud's ad was to be put in a "block" of comercials aimed at the "urban hip-hop" culture. The ad was pulled before it was aired. The reason, besides the e-mail, was that Lud's lyric's sends the wrong image to it's customers. What image is the Osbourne's putting out for Pepsi if they were so comcerned about the image they want to potray to their customers.

Making it "easier" to sell their product is not the point, (when talking double-standards). They were "so concerned" about their image when the decided not to use a star that was identified with the very customers they were trying to target, but "overlooked" the same things when they decided to use the Osbourne's just 3 months later. Their memories can't be that short.

That's the double-standard.

The image that Ozzy and his family have RIGHT NOW in America is a funny caracature of themselves. OZZY doesn't take himself or that show seriously, so it's all in fun.

This is not a double standard; rather, it's good marketing.

j83, I understand the double standard, in my first post I said obscenity it obscentiy, but with the situation being the way it is, I think Pepsi felt they could do it because Ozzy's show has already been accepted in American television.

Now if Russell really wanted to make an impact, why wait dayum near a year to boycott? He should have lead a boycott the moment Pepsi was put under the gun, and force Pepsi to run the commericials. Afterall, Ludacris does have an audience that accepts lyrics.

NICE

Originally posted by sophandros

This is not a double standard; rather, it's good marketing.

:confused:

And using Lud as the center of their "urban hip-hop" comercial series is not good marketing? If you have watched him in an interview, outside of his music, he dose not take himself that serious either. He clowns all the time.

Originally posted by sophandros

Don't watch his show or buy his books and encourage others to do the same.

To be honest, I don't think many of us watch his show or buy his books. So I really don't know how effective a boycott against him would be.

I think a better solution would be to boycott any company that advertises on his show. This would put pressure on those companies that advertise with the network, and potentially lead the TV network (FNC) to lose money.

Back