Past Swac Basketball Champions

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
Bluedog,

Texas Southern University 1977
NAIA National Championship Title

Prairie View A & M University 1962
NAIA National Championship Title

Was the SWAC NAIA only in basketball? I thought we were always NCAA...at least I thought we were at least in the 70's.

Yea, Alcorn Warrior most sites just list the tournament champions. This is the most complete info out. Reg. Season Champs and Tourney Champs.

Ay, speaking of the completeness of records and data. If you try to do any research on SWAC stats or information you will find alot of inconsistencies. You have to remember that technology was not what it is now back then. You have everything from just flat INACCURATE information recorded, to schools that didn't keep records on some sports. That's why SID's should be respected. At the larger schools consistent records were established long before HBCU's started doing it. So, ofcourse there's alot of info out there that will never be retrieved on sporting events etc. that took place prior to school's joining the SWAC and prior to effective record keeping was established....just a side bar for the convo.

That's what I was trying to tell JRock, NT. It's hard as "L" to find SWAC stats from the early days of the conference.

Back