Old School Jukes

Finally someone knows That I'm Superman. Hey ShyLadyTiger...the truth is out. Now I need for the women of the page to honor my super requests.:D With beer.:D

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
And I still say I'm waiting on my 12 volumes...:mad: ;)

I'm coming up on the 18th baby......You gonna be alright....;)

And what's my gift I am on the 9th....:)

I missed this one. But, yes, it was '83.

That was the beauty of the ole' Jukebox.. Great current gospel.. New Oleans tunes... Popular blues... Hot R&B/Soul songs... Jazz that sounds good with the Jukebox... The hottest Pop songs that were popular with blacks, especially those with some nice horn licks... Whatever the moment called for, the '80s Jukebox would receive the coins and power it up.

By the way, what triggered the inquiry about "You Brought The Sunshine"? This is one of the songs that I used as an example in a discussion with Momof2ym when discussing how Mr. Johnson's arranging skills had Saxs on such a key rhythmic part and to have it heard over such a powerful band.

PEACE!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
I missed this one. But, yes, it was '83.

That was the beauty of the ole' Jukebox.. Great current gospel.. New Oleans tunes... Popular blues... Hot R&B/Soul songs... Jazz that sounds good with the Jukebox... The hottest Pop songs that were popular with blacks, especially those with some nice horn licks... Whatever the moment called for, the '80s Jukebox would receive the coins and power it up.

By the way, what triggered the inquiry about "You Brought The Sunshine"? This is one of the songs that I used as an example in a discussion with Momof2ym when discussing how Mr. Johnson's arranging skills had Saxs on such a key rhythmic part and to have it heard over such a powerful band.

PEACE!!

Sheed just me remembering that tune as a kid, my moms kept it on the gospel station....As I got older I was like sheed that would be a great band tune...

Back