Old School Jukes

SUtrp96

HBCU SCREAMING CHAMP 99'
What year did the S play gospel tune "You brought the Sunshine" by the Clarke Sisters... Arr. by Roy Johnson....

That song is something serious.

If I am not mistaken, the answer to your question would be 1983.

JR or ZNSPR8502, you can correct me if I am wrong.

"Big Thunder"
SU Marching Jukebox - (1983-1986)
ZN 1985 #4

Originally posted by Big Thunder

"Big Thunder"
ZN 1985 #4

Thanks JUKE, Sheed I would like to hear that tune played... I wonder if you all chanted "Jesus Brought the SUNSHINE" in the beginning like they do on the album.

Originally posted by fiddler02
ay yo jared, where were those clips recorded from exactly?

That was on ASU side of the field in front of them I believe..That's oh boy on M'sport clips....

Originally posted by Big Thunder

"Big Thunder"
ZN 1985 #4

Like My LB said it was 1983. That was a nice arrangement. Hell everything Roy arranged was nice.:nod2:

1983, Saints vs ny Jets. "If God is Dead" and "You brought the Sunshine." :eek2: You need to watch the su vs j-state game in 1983. "Real Love" and "Raid." Man...... Let me shut up. I just got a little teary eyed. Tito, get me some tissue.:bawling:

Originally posted by jukebox89
1983, Saints vs ny Jets. "If God is Dead" and "You brought the Sunshine." :eek2: You need to watch the su vs j-state game in 1983. "Real Love" and "Raid." Man...... Let me shut up. I just got a little teary eyed. Tito, get me some tissue.:bawling:

Dayum I gotta hear that footage....especially it being the great 83!!!

Originally posted by jukebox89
Man ....
1983 is off the chain. Very good year for the Jukebox!!

Best Jukebox I ever seen.The clincher for me heading from Jackson, MS to Baton Rouge was seeing the halftime onslaught that was JSU's homecoming in 83. Made me do some more in depth research into the academic programs(Physics/NROTC) SU had to offer. That performance just sealed the deal. I was like I will be marching in that band next fall. :nod2:

Originally posted by JR
Best Jukebox I ever seen.The clincher for me heading from Jackson, MS to Baton Rouge was seeing the halftime onslaught that was JSU's homecoming in 83. Made me do some more in depth research into the academic programs(Physics/NROTC) SU had to offer. That performance just sealed the deal. I was like I will be marching in that band next fall. :nod2:

And there you have it.....

LET'S NOT FORGET THAT WE BROUGHT THE NOISE ON YOU BROUGHT THE SUNSHINE IN 91 DURING PRE-GAME OF THE BAYOU CLASSIC. REMEBER THAT BUS 3 & 4 LEFT AND WE HAD TO DO PRE-GAME IN TSHIRTS AND BAND PANTS. WE WERE HYPE BECAUSE WE KNEW THAT WE HAD TO KICK IT. WE DIDN'T GET BACK TO THE GAME UNTIL ABOUT 4 MINS TILL HALFTIME. JUKEBOX YOU REMEBER THAT WE WERE THE FIRST TWO TO COME BACK IN THE DOME. EVERYONE WENT CRAZY WHEN THEY SAW US. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! WE ALSO WON THE GAME 31 TO 30.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
What year did the S play gospel tune "You brought the Sunshine" by the Clarke Sisters... Arr. by Roy Johnson....

I feel dumb, :rolleyes: I thought it was "Jennifer Holliday"
*lol*

Re: Re: Old School Jukes

Originally posted by Quietstorm
I feel dumb, :rolleyes: I thought it was "Jennifer Holliday"
*lol*

lol...naw I remember that tune cause it was in my head every morning.....My moms had it on that gospel channel every morning.
That always came on.... Clarke Sisters is the group fa sho.

Re: Re: Re: Old School Jukes

Originally posted by SUtrp96
lol...naw I remember that tune cause it was in my head every morning.....My moms had it on that gospel channel every morning.
That always came on.... Clarke Sisters is the group fa sho.

Ur-rah....12 volumes please! :D

Oh yeah, 83 was awesome!

Originally posted by GREYSKULL89
LET'S NOT FORGET THAT WE BROUGHT THE NOISE ON YOU BROUGHT THE SUNSHINE IN 91 DURING PRE-GAME OF THE BAYOU CLASSIC. REMEBER THAT BUS 3 & 4 LEFT AND WE HAD TO DO PRE-GAME IN TSHIRTS AND BAND PANTS. WE WERE HYPE BECAUSE WE KNEW THAT WE HAD TO KICK IT. WE DIDN'T GET BACK TO THE GAME UNTIL ABOUT 4 MINS TILL HALFTIME. JUKEBOX YOU REMEBER THAT WE WERE THE FIRST TWO TO COME BACK IN THE DOME. EVERYONE WENT CRAZY WHEN THEY SAW US. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! WE ALSO WON THE GAME 31 TO 30.
Yeah,....You did a pregame show playing it. It was nice and yeah,....you won the game

half time?????? I'm not going to start no mess but, I'll stop there because I know we are going to have a difference of opinions.
But why did yall march out playing when Grambling was on the field doing a post game show??????

I REMEMBER THAT WE GOT HOUSE FOR OUR SHOW WITHOUT PAYING STARS TO BE THERE!!!!:D BOYS TO MEN GOT HOUSE, GSU WELL????:rolleyes: I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH THAT ONE. WE JUST KICKED BUTT ON YOU BROUGHT THE SUNSHINE FOR PREGAME, AND KICKED MAJOR BUTT FOR HALFTIME.:p

Originally posted by Legend35
Yeah,....You did a pregame show playing it. It was nice and yeah,....you won the game

half time?????? I'm not going to start no mess but, I'll stop there because I know we are going to have a difference of opinions.
But why did yall march out playing when Grambling was on the field doing a post game show??????

What's wrong with playing when you're marching out? Forget post-game. If you're marching out and it's a tradition of yours to march out playing then I don't see what the deal is?:rolleyes:

Anyhoot.......YA'LL ARE OLD.:D :lmao:

Originally posted by lilC
What's wrong with playing when you're marching out? Forget post-game. If you're marching out and it's a tradition of yours to march out playing then I don't see what the deal is?:rolleyes:

Anyhoot.......YA'LL ARE OLD.:D :lmao:
The deal was that Grambling Band was on the field in the middle of a post game show and Southern was playing as they was leaving the Dome. I found it inconsiderate and rude.

Maybe so, but then (though I know this probably wasn't the case knowing Doc) it should be expected for some confusion to occur between two organizations designed for attention purposes if one is leaving at the same time the other has been slated to perform.....just saying.......ya'll are still OLD.:D

Originally posted by GREYSKULL89
I REMEMBER THAT WE GOT HOUSE FOR OUR SHOW WITHOUT PAYING STARS TO BE THERE!!!!:D BOYS TO MEN GOT HOUSE, GSU WELL????:rolleyes: I'M NOT GOING TO TOUCH THAT ONE. WE JUST KICKED BUTT ON YOU BROUGHT THE SUNSHINE FOR PREGAME, AND KICKED MAJOR BUTT FOR HALFTIME.:p
I don't think so but,.... this is to be expected. What I want to know is if you got house,....why did yall disrespect Grambling like that and marched out playing in the middle of a post game show????

Originally posted by lilC
Maybe so, but then (though I know this probably wasn't the case knowing Doc) it should be expected for some confusion to occur between two organizations designed for attention purposes if one is leaving at the same time the other has been slated to perform.....just saying.......ya'll are still OLD.:D
Trust me ,...that was not the case. If memory serves me correctly,...Doc and Willis had a few exchanges of bad words before the game and I believe that was between the directors.

Yes,....I'm old,...and blessed to be old and you are Superman :D

Back