Oklahoma, Texas have approached SEC about joining conference

United States Movie GIF by Creative Courage

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
If Texas and OU join, then SEC may want to consider a four pod system based on geographical location:

pod 1
Auburn
Georgia
Florida
South Carolina

pod 2
Alabama
LSU
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

pod 3
Texas A&m
Texas
Arkansas
Oklahoma

pod 4
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Kentucky

True but remember back when those Texas schools left the SWC for the Big 8 to create the Big 12, the Governor was not gonna let it happen without Baylor being part of the deal.

That was ann richards. Oklahoma is gone. They are saying this news leak is a last ditch effort by a&m loyalists to try to stop it but the train has already left the station. Money talks.

That was ann richards. Oklahoma is gone. They are saying this news leak is a last ditch effort by a&m loyalists to try to stop it but the train has already left the station. Money talks.

Imagine being the TCU’s, Baylors, Kansas States as of today - that train of riding with UT is coming to an end and the money with it eventually

Texas would have to give up their cable channel to join the SEC.

I agree about OU and OSU would have to go together, the state politicians will get involved.
Na, OU doesn't need OkSt at all. Texas and OU are the bell cow of the Big12.........for them, that's a great moving package. As far as the LHN............I'm sure they already thought about having to give that up if they reached out to the SEC.

Imagine being the TCU’s, Baylors, Kansas States as of today - that train of riding with UT is coming to an end and the money with it eventually
I would think TCU and Baylor......possibly to the mountain West??? Tech to the Pac-(insert number). KState to the big 10.......no idea about Kansas.....maybe big 10 also.

Moving to the SEC makes no sense for either school, Oklahoma runs the Big 12 and if they leave it only makes their journey to the playoffs more hard. Same story for Texas if they ever get that ship to stop taking on water. Neither school is hurting for money so you cant really say its about that. aTm put this stuff out there to stop any thoughts of realignment. What the SEC should do is kick out mizzou and aTm then grab OU and Texas lol

They can still block UT. They have a under the table agreement with Georgia & Florida to stop any other schools in their states from getting in if they deemed it. They would need to convince 1 more school to vote with them since it takes 3/4 to agree at expansion.

They can still block UT. They have a under the table agreement with Georgia & Florida to stop any other schools in their states from getting in if they deemed it. They would need to convince 1 more school to vote with them since it takes 3/4 to agree at expansion.

We know where one "HELL NO" vote is coming from for sure. LOL (gig'em)

What will happen to the longhorn network.
Another question that popped up throughout the news cycle Wednesday was what would a move to the SEC mean for the Longhorn Network (LHN), Texas's own television network owned by ESPN? Orangebloods reported that LHN would come to an end if they were to move to the SEC as the SEC already has the SEC Network

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

At the end of the day those schools are looking at the $$. Gentlemens agreements with a school they have no real loyalty or connection with means nothing. The SEC would've preferred Texas over A&M anyway

How do you not understand why the move makes sense? I don't get how it's confusing lol. The pay per school for media rights alone would be crazy.
Totally agree. It's a power/money move. Like the guy on ESPN said.......it could be a coup by the SEC as an "in your face" to the NCAA.

I can see several teams voting against them coming in, besides TX AM. So what if they travel well. Most SEC schools have near sell outs anyway. Plus that travel well may end, after they are getting beat every other week. Why would they want to join the SEC. Recruiting.

I wonder how much revenue that network generated. Over time, I've tuned in just to see what they're showing.......it's garbage.
15 million a year.
Texas fans made $33.6 million in football donations, and football generated $26.6 million through licensing and sponsorships. Thanks to Longhorn Network’s annual $15 million check, UT took in $20.6 million in media rights, according to the report.

Last edited:
I wonder how much revenue that network generated. Over time, I've tuned in just to see what they're showing.......it's garbage.
You are not the first person I have heard say that. I don't get the Longhorn Network myself, but I hear it is not worth the price.

I can see several teams voting against them coming in, besides TX AM. So what if they travel well. Most SEC schools have near sell outs anyway. Plus that travel well may end, after they are getting beat every other week. Why would they want to join the SEC. Recruiting.

This isn't the swac. That traveling well argument means nothing to schools who can sell out on their own. Its not about attendance; its tv and both Texas and OU have national brands regardless of how competitive they are.. No school in the SEC is turning down an additional $10-20 million

You are not the first person I have heard say that. I don't get the Longhorn Network myself, but I hear it is not worth the price.
Yeah, every time I've tuned in, it's either an replay of a Texas football game or maybe women's soccer or softball.........but nothing worth while, even if you're a UT fan. just my opinion of course.

Back