Nick Saban, Jerry West Write Letter to Sen. Manchin in Support of Voting Rights Bill

Here is the letter. I was going to post a response to the letter from a South Carolina republican who is a member of the House, but apparently, the tweet does not exist anymore.

View: https://twitter.com/AnthonyAdragna/status/1483445168720199686
Tide fans in Alabama are upset about this letter, saying sports and politics don't mix. The obvious rebuttal, what about former Auburn coach Tubberville,; to which they don't have a logical response.

Tide fans in Alabama are upset about this letter, saying sports and politics don't mix. The obvious rebuttal, what about former Auburn coach Tubberville,; to which they don't have a logical response.
Exactly what I was going to say...what about Tuberville!!!

I don't think the Tubberville and Saban comparison is valid here now that Tubberville is an actual elected politician. However, good stuff for Saban.

I don't think the Tubberville and Saban comparison is valid here now that Tubberville is an actual elected politician. However, good stuff for Saban.
Well they elected Tubberville over Doug Jones because he was a football coach is what he is saying. In the state of Alabackwards coaches who support Trump are Kings. They talk all that mess but they know Saban is unstoppable in this state. These same rednecks will be hollering Roll Tide in the fall.

Well they elected Tubberville over Doug Jones because he was a football coach is what he is saying. In the state of Alabackwards coaches who support Trump are Kings. They talk all that mess but they know Saban is unstoppable in this state. These same rednecks will be hollering Roll Tide in the fall.
anybody running as a Republican would have beat Jones.... simply because THIS state didnt want a democrat in the seat. Tubberville coaching at Auburn didnt have anything to do with him winning.... He was just at the right spot in the right time.

anybody running as a Republican would have beat Jones.... simply because THIS state didnt want a democrat in the seat. Tubberville coaching at Auburn didnt have anything to do with him winning.... He was just at the right spot in the right time.
Oh I agree. Some of those necks only knew Tubby because of football. Just like in Georgia they will vote for Herschel Walker because of football although he is in the right place at the time like Tubberville.

remember when Saban marched with the players during the BLM protest....this voting rights issue is of the same magnitude or worse...players will feel pressure to speak out again.

Trump support got him elected. Tub was at the Willard the night before the insurrection. He was deeply involved in the planning. We will see if Bennie Thompson will get a deposition from a sitting U.S. Senato. Doubtful !

Trump support got him elected. Tub was at the Willard the night before the insurrection. He was deeply involved in the planning. We will see if Bennie Thompson will get a deposition from a sitting U.S. Senato. Doubtful !

I can see him doing that now. The Supreme Court just rejected 45’s request to deny the Jan 6th Committee from receiving 700 pages of documents from the National Archives. It’s about to be a ton of stuff getting released soon. Call logs, visitor logs, notes, etc.

Tuberville had something to say about voting rights months ago, but he was talking clumilsy in code. He was not saying the blantant things about the bill. Anyway, I am not surprised by his actions.

remember when Saban marched with the players during the BLM protest....this voting rights issue is of the same magnitude or worse...players will feel pressure to speak out again.

The fans who are upset does not carry any weight with Saban. Saban marched with the players and wrote the letter. What are they going to do, fire him? I doubt it. Unfortunately, you have got to have people other than blacks to make a difference. However, we should lead the charge, but the power to vote for change is with all races.

They are pissed. Like 80% of whites in Alabama residents vote Republican and are against the bill. But Saban is white, rich and powerful and he know they won't bother him much since he's the king of the state. Alabama football is everything in the state and he's the head of it all.

Back