New sportswire poll has Bcc above SU for beating Howard by 14.

umm these polls dont have any logic.

how does a 9-1 A&T get ranked over a 9-1 SU, when SU won when they went head to head.

how does a 6-4 FAMU get ranked and a 6-4 ASU doesnt, when ASU whooped FAM head to head and FAMU is coming off a loss last wknd and ASU a win?

6 MEAC teams ranked?

:tdown::tdown:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
East cost logic dude east coast logic, actually I think there trying to give the meac some clout for an at large bid and postion one of them for the BCF Title if Gram loses.

Did you notice on the sportsnetwork poll every team that won, (other than #1 McNeese) moved up except Grambling. Tony Moss is a joke.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
Did you notice on the sportsnetwork poll every team that won, (other than #1 McNeese) moved up except Grambling. Tony Moss is a joke.
The team just ahead of Grambling won and moved down.

I disagree with the polls. But it is just a scheduling and timing issue.

North Carolina A & T State is coming off of three wins over currently upper level programs in the conference i.e Florida A & M, Bethune-Cookman and Hampton, while Southern is coming off of three wins against lower competition and middle tier level program in conference i.e. Allen, Lincoln and Texas Southern.

Originally posted by Jafus (Thinker)
I disagree with the polls. But it is just a scheduling and timing issue.

North Carolina A & T State is coming off of three wins over currently upper level programs in the conference i.e Florida A & M, Bethune-Cookman and Hampton, while Southern is coming off of three wins against lower competition and middle tier level program in conference i.e. Allen, Lincoln and Texas Southern.

That makes sense in the BCF world but from the standpoint of the National polls it doesn't because #1. SU beat their brains out #2. Two of those schools weren't even ranked when they defeated them.

Btw the FAMU games don't count and even if they did they've only won 4 games against Meac competition with the Hampton win being the only upper level team they've defeated.

Bluedog,

That makes sense in the BCF world but from the standpoint of the National polls it doesn't because #1. SU beat their brains out #2. Two of those schools weren't even ranked when they defeated them.

Well, unfortunately for Southern and the SWAC it is obvious that two national polls i.e. (ESPN/USA Today Division I-AA Top 25 Poll & Sports Network/CSTV I-AA College Football Poll) does not view it in your #1 and #2 terminology.

Football

Nov 16, 2003

Cavil's Classic Cuts Football - BCF Major Top 10 Poll
By TSPN News Service

http://www.swacpage.com/article713.shtml

TSPN (SWACPAGE.com) & Cavil's Classic Cuts Football
HBCU Major Program Top 10 Poll (11-17-2003)
Presented By:
The Heritage Group (THG Agency, LLC), A Consulting Sports Management, Agency

Name--------------------Record-1PV-Points-PWR-Last Game-(11-15-2003-W/L-Opp.)
1. Grambling State-----(9-2)--(6)---93----1--(Beat Savannah State, 33-17)
2. Southern------------(10-1)-(2)---86----2--(Beat Texas Southern, 24-17)
3. N.C. A & T State----(10-1)-(2)---85----3--(Beat Hampton, 38-28)
4. Bethune-Cookman-----(8-2)--------71----5--(Beat Howard, 21-7)
5. Alcorn State--------(6-5)--------59----10-(Beat Alabama A & M, 20-15)
6. Alabama A & M-------(7-4)--------44----4--(Lost to Alcorn State, 20-15)
7. S. C. State---------(7-4)--------32----NR-(Beat Florida A & M, 27-15)
8. Alabama State-------(6-4)--------27----9--(Beat Miss. Valley State, 55-31)
9. Florida A & M-------(6-5)--------14----6--(Lost to S. C. State,27-15)
10. Hampton-------------(6-4)--------13----7--(Lost to N. C. A & T State, 30-27)

Dropped Out Of Rankings: Tennessee State-(6-5)

Receiving Votes: Tennessee State-(6-5)-9, Morgan State-(5-5)-7,
Texas Southern-(5-5)-4
PWR = Previous Weeks Ranking
1PV = 1st Place Votes
LG = Last Game
Major = NCAA Division I AA

Note: = *

*Florida A & M University is under NCAA Division I A provisional status. But
for the purpose of this 2003 poll they will be ranked with NCAA Division I AA
programs, since their playing mainly a NCAA Division I AA schedule in 2003.

? 2003-2004 www.3C-HBCUSports.com & 3C Communications - All Rights Reserved.

Actually...

Well, unfortunately for Southern and the SWAC it is obvious that two national polls i.e. (ESPN/USA Today Division I-AA Top 25 Poll & Sports Network/CSTV I-AA College Football Poll) does not view it in your #1 and #2 terminology.

Actually, it is the strategy of the East Coast AD's. Think about it? What better way to get your team in the playoffs than voting for teams eligible for the playoffs!

The rankings of NCA&T will benefit them in the seedings. No SWAC school will be ranked #1 unless we beat a PWC who happens to be #1 at year's end AND they are ranked in the top 3.

It's a shame, but after looking at the possible seedings, they are jockeying for playoff seedings.

I don't agree with it, but that's what it seems like to me....

Re: Actually...

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard
Actually, it is the strategy of the East Coast AD's. Think about it? What better way to get your team in the playoffs than voting for teams eligible for the playoffs!

The rankings of NCA&T will benefit them in the seedings. No SWAC school will be ranked #1 unless we beat a PWC who happens to be #1 at year's end AND they are ranked in the top 3.

It's a shame, but after looking at the possible seedings, they are jockeying for playoff seedings.

I don't agree with it, but that's what it seems like to me....

Yep and that's been evident every year since they started to play in the playoffs, but to me doesn't really make any sense because any school SWAC/IVY ranking shouldn't matter either way since we aren't participating but for the BCF title it makes all the difference in the world.

Originally posted by bluedog
East cost logic dude east coast logic, actually I think there trying to give the meac some clout for an at large bid and postion one of them for the BCF Title if Gram loses.

People happen to think A&T is playing better football against better competition right now. Think about it. In the last couple of games, SU lost to a slumping Alcorn team (had just lost 5 of last 6), and only has wins over D-2, NAIA, and .500 unranked TxSU. A&T is riding an 8 game winning streak including 2 ranked opponents and the top teams in the conference.

They feel A&T is playing better ball at this point in the season. I am inclined to agree with them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by A&T Brandmasta
People happen to think A&T is playing better football against better competition right now. Think about it. In the last couple of games, SU lost to a slumping Alcorn team (had just lost 5 of last 6), and only has wins over D-2, NAIA, and .500 unranked TxSU. A&T is riding an 8 game winning streak including 2 ranked opponents and the top teams in the conference.

They feel A&T is playing better ball at this point in the season. I am inclined to agree with them.

Podnuh as much as you'd like it to be this is not about A&T,this is about the process.But to reply to your assertion that A&T is ranked where they ae because of their winning streak, A&T got ranked where they are because of beaten a way over rated Bcc as I said at the beganing of the season and that everybody see now.

It had nothing to do with a winning streak and as for SU losing to Alcorn unless you've been in a cave the last few weeks Alcorn is really streaking and is a major player for the Eastern Div. that will be decided this weekend.

As I told you and others that when A&T plays Bcc that A&T would win, trust me if A&T played Alcorn right now Alcorn would win.

Since you feel you played so much more talented a team than SU here's your winning streak and the teams record at that point in b/w......

Elon 2-2 beat Furman,Tusculum (not one had a winning record)

Norfolk State 1-4 beat D2 SS

FLORIDA A&M 3-4 beat MSU,TNSU,DSU,JSU (not one had a winning record)

HOWARD 2-4 beat FAMU/SS (not one had a winning record)

DELAWARE STATE 0-8

HAMPTON 6-3 beat HU,TU,MSU,DSU,NSU,SCSU (not one had a winning record) but they are 6-3 even if the aren't ranked any more.

All this should be sorted out next Saturday.

If Gram wins the Classic (please no...lol), it's theirs-no offense intended to ALST or ALC.

If SU wins the Classic and A&T gets thrashed in the first round of the playoffs (which is likely), then SU is in the driver's seat, pending the outcome of the SCG.

Originally posted by mighty hornet
umm these polls dont have any logic.

how does a 9-1 A&T get ranked over a 9-1 SU, when SU won when they went head to head.

how does a 6-4 FAMU get ranked and a 6-4 ASU doesnt, when ASU whooped FAM head to head and FAMU is coming off a loss last wknd and ASU a win?

You guys kill me with this type of logic. I am no A&T fan but A&T has been kicking butt since they played SU whereas SU has struggled in recent weeks and played NAIA and D2 schools. Also, FAMU has played a tougher schedule than AlaState and has pulled an upset or two. The best team ASU has beat is Alcorn.

I am not so sure that SU would beat A&T at this point in the season. Rembember the week later theory.

TP,
Who cares what kind of schedule FAM has played? They got ROCKED by us when we played them, they lost last week, are 6-5 to our 6-4. It doesnt stand to any reasoning that they would be ranked and ASU not.

And to think, we actually beat them so bad that we pitied them at the end by taking a knee and letting the clock wind down. They're not better than us, by no stretch of the imagination.

All this who plays a tougher schedule is SUBJECTIVE. Head to head competition is very OBJECTIVE.

Head to head means nothing. You see it in the NFL and you see it in college. I used the SU-Hampton game from 1999 before. Both games were lopsided with DIFFERENT winners. You were better than FAMU in September but this is November.

Originally posted by PNeck019
All this should be sorted out next Saturday.

If Gram wins the Classic (please no...lol), it's theirs-no offense intended to ALST or ALC.

If SU wins the Classic and A&T gets thrashed in the first round of the playoffs (which is likely), then SU is in the driver's seat, pending the outcome of the SCG.

Don't count on it trust me, it has happen in the pass and they(sheridan) still gave the BCF title to a Meac school.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
You guys kill me with this type of logic. I am no A&T fan but A&T has been kicking butt since they played SU whereas SU has struggled in recent weeks and played NAIA and D2 schools. Also, FAMU has played a tougher schedule than AlaState and has pulled an upset or two. The best team ASU has beat is Alcorn.

I am not so sure that SU would beat A&T at this point in the season. Rembember the week later theory.

Your comments are as warped as your love for D. Bell. S.U. is 30 points better than A&T.

Why do you make this stuff up and hope nobody checks you on it?

Originally posted by bluedog
Since you feel you played so much more talented a team than SU here's your winning streak and the teams record at that point in b/w......

Elon 2-2 beat Furman,Tusculum actually beat Hofstra(0-2) & ETSU (2-1), not the two you mentioned (not one had a winning record) BULLISHT

Norfolk State 1-4 beat D2 SS

FLORIDA A&M 3-4 beat MSU(1-0 at the time) ,TNSU (2-1) ,DSU,JSU (not one had a winning record) BULLISHT

HOWARD 2-4 beat FAMU (4-2) /SS (not one had a winning record) BULLISHT

DELAWARE STATE 0-8

HAMPTON 6-3 beat HU,TU (2-1) ,MSU,DSU,NSU,SCSU (not one had a winning record) BULLISHT but they are 6-3 even if the aren't ranked any more.

Right now, A&T, BCC, Hampton, SCSU, and FAMU all have winning records, and so will Morgan if they beat Norfolk this weekend. Quit pulling lies out your arse.

Back