NCAA ready for a 8 team playoff?

And if one saw the Oklahoma/Army game, Army dominated that game at Oklahoma and totally outplayed them.
Georgia would be favored by at least a touchdown.

Alabama was the number one seed. LSU was ranked number three and at home.
Georgia's strength of schedule is better than Oklahoma's.
Name one current top ten team that Oklahoma has beaten. Don't worry, I'll tell you. ZERO!!
Texas ranked at No. 14 is the highest ranked team Oklahoma has beaten.
One can almost guarantee that if you had to bet your life on who'd win between Georgia and Oklahoma, you'd choose Georgia.
LSU was #13 at the time they played Georgia.

Name one current top ten team that Oklahoma has beaten. Don't worry, I'll tell you. ZERO!!
Texas ranked at No. 14 is the highest ranked team Oklahoma has beaten.

Texas was ranked No. 9 when Oklahoma beat them in the B12 Championship Game.

If it means more money. That deal can be amended. Just need to get folks to the table who signed it and renegotiate.

You said it right there........key word.

So true. They would sell their mothers for money! It not about a real national championship. It is all about money and the reason why they are expanding is make sure the money keep flowing!

Reactions: JR
So true. They would sell their mothers for money! It not about a real national championship. It is all about money and the reason why they are expanding is make sure the money keep flowing!

Which is why I think they will eventually go to 16. And the reason will be for the same reason they are going to go to 8. For example, imagine leaving out a 9-3 LSU team in a 8 team field with 5 top 25 victories (just throwing out a number). You can't put them in over a 2 loss UGA team that lost a close game in the SEC title game to undefeated Alabama. A 16 team field allows the LSU, Penn State and Michigans of the world to compete and bring in ratings.

Which is why I think they will eventually go to 16. And the reason will be for the same reason they are going to go to 8. For example, imagine leaving out a 9-3 LSU team in a 8 team field with 5 top 25 victories (just throwing out a number). You can't put them in over a 2 loss UGA team that lost a close game in the SEC title game to undefeated Alabama. A 16 team field allows the LSU, Penn State and Michigans of the world to compete and bring in ratings.

And in your 8 teams, you are leaving out the undefeated Central Florida!

LOL. You got that right. All about the money. Of course they will make be about how it includes more teams with chances to win. etc. etc.. But at the end of the day. More fan bases, sponsors, games etc means more money!!

There is never going to a perfect system. There are going to be massive flaws with no matter how many teams you expand to.

An 8-team playoff with the presentation of P5 champions, plus at-large berths with at least a G5 team guaranteed spot if a team qualifies isn’t necessarily fair. First, there are still going to deserving teams left out. And why does the G5 get a guaranteed spot? And why only one spot for them? The other 7 spots are going to be taken by P5 schools. That’s not all that equitable either.

Say you expand to 16 teams to include all conference champions and 5 at-large berths. That has a flaw in that there are going to be ranked teams left out simply because they didn’t win their league or didn’t get an at-large berth because a school like 7-5 NIU won the MAC and they have to get a spot.

Could you imagine the uproar if a ranked college basketball team didn’t make the tourney? That would be routine in college football if it expands well beyond the current format.

A 28-team playoff would be needed. Otherwise, it doesn’t fix the inequities.

There is never going to a perfect system. There are going to be massive flaws with no matter how many teams you expand to.

An 8-team playoff with the presentation of P5 champions, plus at-large berths with at least a G5 team guaranteed spot if a team qualifies isn’t necessarily fair. First, there are still going to deserving teams left out. And why does the G5 get a guaranteed spot? And why only one spot for them? The other 7 spots are going to be taken by P5 schools. That’s not all that equitable either.

Say you expand to 16 teams to include all conference champions and 5 at-large berths. That has a flaw in that there are going to be ranked teams left out simply because they didn’t win their league or didn’t get an at-large berth because a school like 7-5 NIU won the MAC and they have to get a spot.

Could you imagine the uproar if a ranked college basketball team didn’t make the tourney? That would be routine in college football if it expands well beyond the current format.

A 28-team playoff would be needed. Otherwise, it doesn’t fix the inequities.

They ain’t worried about all that. Just trying to appease all the P5 conferences and maybe the one UCF team of that year. Whomever it may be.

And in your 8 teams, you are leaving out the undefeated Central Florida!

I posted my hypothetical 16 team playoff in another thread. UCF would be #7 because of their undefeated season and SOS (the AAC has some good teams). Georgia would be the 8 seed as the highest ranked non-conference champ.

The other G5 conference champs would be ranked 13-16

I posted my hypothetical 16 team playoff in another thread. UCF would be #7 because of their undefeated season and SOS (the AAC has some good teams). Georgia would be the 8 seed as the highest ranked non-conference champ.

The other G5 conference champs would be ranked 13-16
Who?

USF was ranked for half of the season before skiddig down the stretch (after losing to UCF)
Memphis is the only team that has come close to beating UCF the past 2 years.
Cincy (10-2) is ranked I believe plus there is Houston and Temple who have been consistent the past 4-5 years.

Back