National Early Signing Day 2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deion Sanders got these P5 white coaches SHOOK! I don't count the AAC b/c no team from that conference will ever win a national championship ... lets get real.

Name one white head coach from the P5 with as much personality and swag as he does and can relate to black players and families in a manner in which he does? NONE ... NOT EVEN CLOSE! I can see Deion bringing the SWAC back to its glory days if he stays long enough.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lol...Isn't that the classic definition of a loser? "We would have won if the other team had not made that play." Or, "we would have won if our team had made that play or not made that mistake." Winners never have to resort to those types of excuses.

We acknowledge being losers the last 6 years. Winning only 7 games is losing in Jackson. Yall got lucky wins vs Hendrick and Hughes and yall seem content.

How would you know what winners resort to?

The real team wont hit the field til Fall 2021. This ass whoopin you get in the Spring will be for free.

@braveman @Brave @BraveMan97
Wasn’t Ahndrae Patterson at Alcorn the highest hbcu recruit in recent history back in 1995? He was the top tight end in the nation and all USA Today. What was Steve McNair’s ranking?

Research

Best ever is a strong word - maybe in the 247 sports era

The 1999 grambling recruiting class with Trey White was damn good also. Wasn’t sammie white a top recruit Eddie Robinson kept at home?

By the Numbers
19 total signees. 13 transfers and 6 highschool kids. Seven (4 star kids) and eight (3 star kids). 12 on defense and 7 on offense. 1-QB, 1-WR, 5-OL, 3-DL, 4-LB, and 5-DB.
Now, all we need is to do is convince Jadarrius Perkins (CB) to sign with us, sign a transfer RB from the portal, 1 more OLineman, sign a couple of D-Ends, and 1-2 more WR's. Another Outside LB would also be nice. Class should be complete after that!

Now, all we need is to do is convince Jadarrius Perkins (CB) to sign with us, sign a transfer RB from the portal, 1 more OLineman, sign a couple of D-Ends, and 1-2 more WR's. Another Outside LB would also be nice. Class should be complete after that!
I doubt we have that many schollies available. I’m thinking 3-4 more if that... correct me if I’m wrong. You can only sign a max of 25 in any signing period (that makes it to campus) If you have the slots.

Last edited:
Man we ain't got enough room for them lol. We graduate around 15 guys so we should be able to add some players over the summer. Its a bunch of guys we have signed in the past that aren't listed on the roster. For instance Miqueal Pillow is at DE but you won't find him on our online roster. Bringing in 2 to 4 in February which will probably be the skill guys you wanna see. I think we are pretty stacked with what we have returning and what we signed. TC and Otis did a great job accessing our weaknesses. We pretty much brought in an entire defense.

Man we ain't got enough room for them lol. We graduate around 15 guys so we should be able to add some players over the summer. Its a bunch of guys we have signed in the past that aren't listed on the roster. For instance Miqueal Pillow is at DE but you won't find him on our online roster. Bringing in 2 to 4 in February which will probably be the skill guys you wanna see. I think we are pretty stacked with what we have returning and what we signed. TC and Otis did a great job accessing our weaknesses. We pretty much brought in an entire defense.
Agree, but I think there are going to be some academic casualties from the current roster we have. I anticipate 2-3 players on the current roster that may not be able to play. All things equal, hopefully they make the grade, but something tells me we will need replace them with new recruits by February.

Agree, but I think there are going to be some academic casualties from the current roster we have. I anticipate 2-3 players on the current roster that may not be able to play. All things equal, hopefully they make the grade, but something tells me we will need replace them with new recruits by February.
O yea that will and happens with all of our classes. Im sure we got a plan for that. They are already sending out offers for 2022. One thing I'm not worried about with Deion is recruiting lol.

I wonder will we end up getting new turf at the stadium. I'm almost sure with the amount of attention that will be on us, some upgrades might be done at Veterans Memorial even with the plans to eventually get a new stadium. I would like to see the tiger in the middle of the field and the football logo in the end zones like on the plans for the new practice field upgrades.

_big_IMG_1707.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I wonder will we end up getting new turf at the stadium. I'm almost sure with the amount of attention that will be on us, some upgrades might be done at Veterans Memorial even with the plans to eventually get a new stadium. I would like to see the tiger in the middle of the field and the football logo in the end zones like on the plans for the new practice field upgrades.

View attachment 11250

They seem to be serious about getting an on-campus stadium so no more money is going into Memorial. I dont like that but hey....

I think we good on RB for THIS year. I expect a HUGE RB signee next year. I think they are trying to build the lines first.

They seem to be serious about getting an on-campus stadium so no more money is going into Memorial. I dont like that but hey....

Well Jackson wants a Bowl game since Ms got rid of that flag, so Memorial may stay around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back