My Pastor has a big house....

nevaehinvesting said:
Do you KNOW the cost associated with a big ministry vs how much $$$ the ministry is collecting? Post examples.

Also, the church can NEVER have too much money. We can never be in a situation where we're generating "more money than the ministry needs." Our goal is to save the world. That cost money. Since the whole world is not saved, it's costing money right now to reach more and more people. Maybe this equation works:
Luke 6:38 + Your understanding = the size of your blessing.
You have obviously never heard one of their testimonies. 9 out of 10 wealthly pastors started of broke for the first 5, 10, 15+ years of their ministry. Though financially struggling, they all stayed faithful to to ministry during that whole time. That answers your comment about how many will stay without big $$$. They already been there, and done that.

If God measured what some of these preachers have done for the world vs what some of y'all judgmental people have done for the world, you probably would never judge them again. I mean,

#1. How many people have you helped by going to 3rd world countries 5 times per year to preach Jesus?
#2. How many people have you helped by starting drug & alcohol abuse centers? Or spousal abuse programs?
#3. How many people have you helped by rebuilding houses in your city, or taking in people with no homes?
#4. How many people have you helped by giving people jobs or training them with skills they need to find a job?
#5. How many hungry people do you feed year round, or at least at holidays?
#6. How many people have you helped just from your life as a christian?

Personally make a list of the people you've done the above for and round it to the nearest 10,000. If your number is less than 1,000,000 than you should embarrassed to speak any negative words about wealthy pastors who do 1,000 times more than you for the church.

Luke 6:38 says that when you give a lot, than a lot is given back. How much is a lot? Well, if you have God's taste in style, like I do, than that means mansions, gold, cars, etc all to God's Glory! I asked those questions because I know the these big $$$ minstries do stuff like that all the time. Instead of telling them 'good job pastor', we hate on them and think they have too much.:confused:
:whatever: - Never seen this Smiley before. But....

Great Post!! I dont believe this was the angle in which he was posting but I will let him reply to it....

Once again great post.

Back