MVSU Signing Class of 2016

Well HBCU world, Mississippi Valley finally has a legit Division I quarterback on their roster. That kid has a serious arm, and knows how to move around the pocket. He has been to plenty of camps, and has gotten experience on the JUCO and Military Prep level. Rick has gotten him a much needed signee at Valley. A seasoned quarterback with plenty of experience post senior year high school. Lane Kiffin was high on this kid when he was at SC, but an late season injury dragged him down the recruiting hype list. I read somewhere that San Diego State and Wyoming were interested in him as well. Comegy and his staff are most likely fired up.
Now we just have to see if that offensive line has improved because they have been awful for a long time now. Bray is better than the Slade Jarman and will most likely start. To be fair, Jarman is actually good enough to get Valley points. What happened to Slade being redshirted?

Searching the world for a QB with a story to tell seems to be another trick up Comegy's recruiting bag. He reeled in James at Tuskeegee, Therriault at Jackson State, and now he has Bray at MVSU. Good luck Valley. You have a QB with a cannon.

Wow. I started to question if he had enough gas in his recruiting tank at this point. However, this answered it for me. This was a very good pick up for Rick. He needed this badly. Bray has an arm on him. Now, things will get very interesting for Valley. They have a QB who can throw the ball all over the field.

When Rubin (3rd string) got concussed in the Jackson State game, Comegy had to burn it because Peterson already had switched to CB

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Comegy should redshirt him this season. Bray is a much better QB and will have two years calling the snaps. Redshirtting Slade would give him another year and allow him to take over as a RS Junior. This would make Valley set at QB for the next 4 years.

Real good pickup. He needs a true OC now. They should give Black a crack at it
He is a nice sized QB with a big arm. If he doesn't like what's going at Valley and their offensive game, he is the type of QB who leave for division II program to give him stats. ULL was interested in him as well. Hopefully, Comegy and his staff allow him to sling the ball. I am looking forward to seeing this guy playing. This is the best signee Comegy has brought to Valley.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2798990/5721d12b90eead5d90d8b630

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Comegy should redshirt him this season. Bray is a much better QB and will have two years calling the snaps. Redshirtting Slade would give him another year and allow him to take over as a RS Junior. This would make Valley set at QB for the next 4 years.

I don't know if he will do this though (redshirt) lol. QB is one area where Valley is actually stacked at (WR and DB being the others). Assuming Bray is the QB, Jarman would probably be #2 (for at least two years), Rubin is a junior on the field (I believe) and Scott is a senior. You will have Faison (QB out of VA) coming off redshirt this year and Coley Ransaw (another 6'5 QB out of West Jefferson (LA)) probably reshirting this year.

I would not be surprised if Scott and/or Rubin made position changes this upcoming season

U damn fool I kno I'm late but Chambers did sign n he had other offers like JSU n Alcorn but he picked Valley also he is da SWAC freshman of the year until someone else earns it. Also he is my brother kno ur facts.

Back