Motorola Droid - 411

Exactly, They sold out of over 550,000 phones, according to ppcgeeks, via the internet and less than a month. .

I seriously doubt it... like im almost 100% sure.... we didnt even make 550k of that device.... there was ZERO advertisement for it... and most customers I speak with on a daily basis do NOT like windows mobile devices... I got a tool where I can tell exactly how many devices were sold though... Ill check it out tommrrow.

I seriously doubt it... like im almost 100% sure.... we didnt even make 550k of that device.... there was ZERO advertisement for it... and most customers I speak with on a daily basis do NOT like windows mobile devices... I got a tool where I can tell exactly how many devices were sold though... Ill check it out tommrrow.

Check... You will see it's around 500K... With No advertisement. Which is impressive.

Doc, the HTC Touch Pro 2 is using Windows Mobile?!?! I don't know of anyone that even still looks at Windows Mobile as a legitimate OS anymore. Most companies prefer BlackBerry and their OS. The general public probably prefers the iPhone, Android, Palm OS, and THEN Windows Mobile. As a matter of fact, here's proof of what that.

Get rid of that 4th rate cellphone operating system. :lmao:

Umm.. even with this said windows mobile still outsells the iphone, android and every other phone with the exception of blackberry. I will stick with win mo because I like to be able to customize my phone the way I like it without having to upgrade to a totally different phone or "ROOT" it like you have to do with Android phones. Find me another phone where you can take windows 6.5 with HTC Sense UI from the HTC Leo that hasnt even been released in the states and use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xdchsiZm34

BTW the crappy video quality on that clip I made was with my girls "droid" phone. I've fooled around with pretty much every phone out and there isnt one that would make me switch right now.

Umm.. even with this said windows mobile still outsells the iphone, android and every other phone with the exception of blackberry. I will stick with win mo because I like to be able to customize my phone the way I like it without having to upgrade to a totally different phone or "ROOT" it like you have to do with Android phones. Find me another phone where you can take windows 6.5 with HTC Sense UI from the HTC Leo that hasnt even been released in the states and use it.

BTW the crappy video quality on that clip I made was with my girls "droid" phone. I've fooled around with pretty much every phone out and there isnt one that would make me switch right now.

that camera aint from THE Droid phone... may be an android phone... different android phones have different camera resolutions on them. It wouldnt make any sense to compare how many WiMo phone that are sold compared to the Iphone or the droid phones... WinMo has WAY more phones out... The Iphone is ONE phone... You are comparing an entire operating system to ONE phone in sales. Android phones are new to the game... there are way more WinMo phones out than Android phones.....THATS why they have sold more. I will tell you that Windows Mobile phones are that popular with Verizon customers which is one of the reasons we dont come out with too many of them.... same thing with the Palm phones.. we havent had a Palm phone out in a long time (Palm Centro was the last one about a year and a half ago).

Video taken with the Motorola Droid

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/68LpImg7Mxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/68LpImg7Mxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1DiOeK8vLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1DiOeK8vLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Exactly, They sold out of over 550,000 phones, according to ppcgeeks, via the internet and less than a month. You know most Verizon phones are sold via the Verizon store not online..

Now, to that phone. I am talking on a hardware level not on a software level. Outside of the camera and the keyboard, both phones are the same. Now, the Leo and the HD2 are different phones but those phones are not available in the US currently.

You know the Original Touch and Touch Pro had Mobile TV. It's a CAB download from xda.

When I had a winmo phone, I was all over ppcgeeks and xda too with those cooked roms and cab files, LOL!!

that camera aint from THE Droid phone... may be an android phone... different android phones have different camera resolutions on them. It wouldnt make any sense to compare how many WiMo phone that are sold compared to the Iphone or the droid phones... WinMo has WAY more phones out... The Iphone is ONE phone... You are comparing an entire operating system to ONE phone in sales. Android phones are new to the game... there are way more WinMo phones out than Android phones.....THATS why they have sold more. I will tell you that Windows Mobile phones are that popular with Verizon customers which is one of the reasons we dont come out with too many of them.... same thing with the Palm phones.. we havent had a Palm phone out in a long time (Palm Centro was the last one about a year and a half ago).

Video taken with the Motorola Droid

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/68LpImg7Mxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/68LpImg7Mxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1DiOeK8vLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f1DiOeK8vLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Not really impressing considering its supposed to be 5 megapixels.

Marcus... you are just one of those who is going to always going to find something to complain about... ITS A PHONE.... what did you expect 1080i HD or blue ray?

Thats interesting. Exactly how do you do that without rooting your phone? Then again this is Windows we are talking about here. Security is not much of a priority.

iDon't want nothing made by Motorola!

iKNOWTHATSDAMNRIGHT! :lol: i've had Motorola phones in the past, and they were complete garbage. I know these are new and with technology now they are probably better, but they are like Radio Shack and Firestone in my mind, you just don't go there. :lmao:

And also the only thing iNeed by Apple is my iPod. I am happy with the Storm and Verizon. I was a loyal Sprint-er, but I needed to switch cause of the service. i've never considered switching just for phones cause its never that deep with me. But the loyalty ran out when I couldn't get calls or keep a signal. Glad I made the switch. :)

The number of megapixels is only one of several factors that determine the quality and clarity of a picture. Actually, cramming more megapixels into these cell phone cameras with these small sensors probably hurts the image quality more than it helps it.

The number of megapixels is only one of several factors that determine the quality and clarity of a picture. Actually, cramming more megapixels into these cell phone cameras with these small sensors probably hurts the image quality more than it helps it.

That's kind of my point. My camera is only 3.2 mp and the vids i'd have to say look better than that. If I had some videos on my phone I could actually post i'd do it.:D

Thats interesting. Exactly how do you do that without rooting your phone? Then again this is Windows we are talking about here. Security is not much of a priority.

It's pretty easy considering that HTC uses a lot of the same code across both win mo and android platforms. The hardware is damn near identical and it uses the same processors and drivers, just a different operating system. There are quite a few people that are able to run android and bb messenger on windows mobile phones. I was going to add bb messenger but didnt want to pay extra for it.

Here are a few shots from my phone. You cant tell from pics but the homescreen and weather screen have animated weather thats based off of whatever the weather is outside. Like right now its cloudy, so whenever you go to the mainscreen clouds float by. The background picture coincides with the time of day and when it gets pitch black it'll turn to a nighttime setting. Again thats why I like winmo contrary to what folks say because I like to customize my phone. In the last pic is the standard screen on win mo 6.5 if you dont like htc sense...which I dont know why anyone wouldnt. Home screen also has a built in twitter tab as you can see so no need for an additional program for that. Also it links your contacts to facebook so anytime your contact changes their profile pic it automatically updates in your phone. I think that feature is pretty standard for most phones now though.

This was the standard homescreen before I started tweaking
atw4eu.png

Animated weather homescreen
281wuw4.png

Animated weather screen
fef820.png

Twitter tab
8y9rbc.png

6.5 start menu subfolders
xefmt4.png

Internet folder
2vnh15k.png