Monique's Netflix deal was way worse than previously thought

Just because you didn't see her protesting she obviously has never protested other injustices... It never happened huh... Based on what you may or may not have seen...

Amazing!!!

giphy.gif

Nah it’s on topic because she’s asking for folks to boycott a network because she didn’t get what she wanted. When has she ever stood up for real injustice??

Again, just because you don't see or hear about it does it negate what she has stood up for and other philanthropic work...

Are you in her life 24/7?

C'mon eazy, you can't possibly continue to stand on this argument...

That's like me telling you what you have /have not stood up for or contributed too...

Again, just because you don't see or hear about it does it negate what she has stood up for and other philanthropic work...

That's like me telling you what you have /have not stood up for or contributed too...

I can show you what I’ve done. I can’t find nothing on Monique. She’s a comedian right? Most comedians take stances in their comedy. Has she? Hell naw she hasn’t but she’s crying publicly about not getting what she wanted in a negotiation she initiated. How stupid is that.

I can show you what I’ve done. I can’t find nothing on Monique. She’s a comedian right? Most comedians take stances in their comedy. Has she? Hell naw she hasn’t but she’s crying publicly about not getting what she wanted in a negotiation she initiated. How stupid is that.

If she put out everything she has done or contributed to; you would probably criticize her for that or say she is grandstanding.

C'mon doc, lean back or sit this one out...

Last edited:
If she put out everything she has done or contributed to you would probably criticizing her for that or say she is grandstanding.

C'mon doc, lean back or sit this one out...

Nah if she at least brought it up in her stand up routine I’d give her props like I did with Dave Chappelle. You stand down taking up for a dumb ass that can’t negotiate. Stupid shit like this makes it hard for us when legitimate issues come up. Poor Monique......FOH

I think you are missing the point. The much larger point is that she has taken a private issue (her own personal business) and made it public. She is asking for the public's support to help her with a PRIVATE/PERSONAL issue. Since that time she has publicly called out people like Oprah in asking where were they during particular social movements.

Mo'Nique is making this all about her. She has no concerned about anyone else.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the point. The much larger point is that she has taken a private issue (her own personal business) and made it public. She is asking for the public's support to help her with a PRIVATE/PERSONAL issue. Since that time she has publicly called out people like Oprah in asking where were they during particular social movements.

Mo'Nique is making this all about her. She has no concerned about anyone else.

Where is the crime/harm in it?

Are not a lot of boycotts born out of private matters that are made public?

Should she suffer in silence?

Love Oprah but she is not infallible. Is she beyond reproach? (But I will say I didn't approve of her calling Sister Oprah out, but that beef goes way back with Oprah, Monique & Monique's brother who allegedly sexually assaulted her and Monique asked Oprah not to air her personal business to the world, but O did it anyway)

I think she is doing a service to other artist/entertainers by exposing Netflix's shady business dealings.

Isn't this the same path(exposing) that Prince went down when he changed his name?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did... how do you think I know she has 2 tour stops scheduled over the next 4 months?

So you just gonna overlook her touring prior to 2018 and base your point on only noticing 4 stops in the 1st quarter of a year & her calendar not being completed as most comedians take gigs on a month to month and sometimes a week to week basis.

So you just gonna overlook her touring prior to 2018 and base your point on only noticing 4 stops in the 1st quarter of a year & her calendar not being completed as most comedians take gigs on a month to month and sometimes a week to week basis.
I asked you about her previous tours. Help me out.

I asked you about her previous tours. Help me out.

Since you think/know her tour is only 2 or 4 stops for 2018 and we are barely 2 months in at this point; I'm gonna let you ride that wave...

Last edited:
I'm not a Monique comedy fan but I have to stand with her about this. She is exposing injustice and we us black folks are quick to try to shut her down and throw her under the bus.

As far as her philanthropic works...according to the bible, you should do your charity in secret. Perhaps she is...

we talking all this noise, but for Monique not to have worked widely in 8 years, she is still worth 13 million...hmmmm...so either she WAS making mega bucks before being blacklisted or she is a heck of a money manager...

I'm not a Monique comedy fan but I have to stand with her about this. She is exposing injustice and we us black folks are quick to try to shut her down and throw her under the bus.

As far as her philanthropic works...according to the bible, you should do your charity in secret. Perhaps she is...

we talking all this noise, but for Monique not to have worked widely in 8 years, she is still worth 13 million...hmmmm...so either she WAS making mega bucks before being blacklisted or she is a heck of a money manager...

ReliableCautiousDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Let me add that black folk always get labeled a trouble maker when they challenge the system and whether you like it or not she has made an impact because Netflix will think twice before trying to lowball another black woman the way they attempted with Monique...

So she is standing in the gap and putting black women in a better position and I applaud her for that and for exposing, calling out & fighting the system.

Monique is spittin' facts on this interview and at the same time sonnin' Luh-nard...

Last edited:
Back