Mo'Nique Is Fed Up With Women Wearing Bonnets In Public! 💁🏾‍♀️

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That's some more of the inferiority complex and trying to be like these other people. Once upon a time a black woman wasn't going out in public unless she looked presentable even if it meant being late. When I was growing up, my grandmother used to tell us stories about how they used to walk to church (country dirt roads) carrying their shoes and stockings, wash there feet off when they got there, then put them on.

At AAMU and any HBCU I visited while I was in undergrad, females were changing outfits two or three times a day. When I visited PWCs the black females dressed like the others, as if they just didn't care.

Ain’t the hill I thought people would die on ... or cared about. But here we are.
Men like nice looking women. The reason these young folks look and dress stanky is because it's acceptable. This is why they are baby momma and not wives. No real man wants a nasty looking woman. Slum men and men who have nothing going for them will accept anything.

What’s ironic about this whole Monique-bonnet situation is that she was dressed to the nines for her Netflix special and she still had to sue them to pay her what she’s worth. Almost like what she wore didn’t get them to respect her regardless and didn’t ultimately matter.

That is a commentary of no matter what we do-it's still not good enough for certain folks.

She has an Oscar and Netflix wants to short change her.
Kevin Hart movies do not NEED China or overseas to make a profit. Unlike Adam Sandler. Yet Adam has the movie deals with Netflix.
Michael B Jordan was in a billion dollar movie. Yet all the stuff he has done since-HE had to produce. Not someone hiring him.
Daisy Ridley was in 3 billion dollar movies as a LEAD (Star Wars)-Daisy can't get WORK. Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) got 4 movies.

Now to Monique's issue with the Jiffy Pop bag-yeah it needs to stop.

When I was growing up, my grandmother used to tell us stories about how they used to walk to church (country dirt roads) carrying their shoes and stockings, wash there feet off when they got there, then put them on.

One of my co-worker his grandfather made him dress decent whenever he left the house. A habit he still does today at age 50.

I don't know where I got that habit from myself. I don't wear shorts beyond my house. If I go somewhere and have to get out of the care-pants and a nonwrinkled polo.

Men like nice looking women. The reason these young folks look and dress stanky is because it's acceptable. This is why they are baby momma and not wives. No real man wants a nasty looking woman. Slum men and men who have nothing going for them will accept anything.
Animated GIF

No it's not. It's realization. Look bruh women provide access to pussy bottom line. Men provide access to marriage and relationships. No matter how society tries to change this it will not happen. Somethings are natural. It's the way it goes. Men who are successful or want something out of life do not and repeat do not want a woman with no respect. Even hoodlums on the street corner want a respectable woman. This is why certain women in today's society are who they are. Yes some women get played by what they think are good men. Shit happens, but when it comes to chosing a mate a man of a certain statue will not marry a slutty woman. It's just not gonna happen. Men can live by themselves and be happy because guess what? Selling pussy is the oldest profession in the world. He can buy a shot of pussy and go home to peace. He can hire a maid to cook and clean. What else does he need? Yes I know I could have said this in a more subtle way, but sometimes the young generation needs to be talked to like our community did us. They kept it real. Not this don't hurt the feelings stuff. This is what made us tough. If you look at the weakest person in our generation they were tougher than the so called hardest person in this new generation. Hell even the gay dudes in our generation tougher than today's hardest new generation. 😂 Sissy Twan would kick all they azz. 😂

Last edited:
You're confusing "natural" with manufactured rules of engagement created by men to wield power and dominion over others.

This whole discussion about bonnets is no different than the useless conversations about appearance when it comes to Black people. The folks so concerned are only trying to uphold the ideal of acceptable by what is palatable to white sensibilities.

You're confusing "natural" with manufactured rules of engagement created by men to wield power and dominion over others.

This whole discussion about bonnets is no different than the useless conversations about appearance when it comes to Black people. The folks so concerned are only trying to uphold the ideal of acceptable by what is palatable to white sensibilities.
The sad part is you really believe what you typed. As the old folks use to say "keep on living child". What you see at 30 is not what you will see at 40 or 50.

No it's not. It's realization. Look bruh women provide access to pussy bottom line. Men provide access to marriage and relationships. No matter how society tries to change this it will not happen. Somethings are natural. It's the way it goes. Men who are successful or want something out of life do not and repeat do not want a woman with no respect. Even hoodlums on the street corner want a respectable woman. This is why certain women in today's society are who they are. Yes some women get played by what they think are good men. Shit happens, but when it comes to chosing a mate a man of a certain statue will not marry a slutty woman. It's just not gonna happen. Men can live by themselves and be happy because guess what? Selling pussy is the oldest profession in the world. He can buy a shot of pussy and go home to peace. He can hire a maid to cook and clean. What else does he need? Yes I know I could have said this in a more subtle way, but sometimes the young generation needs to be talked to like our community did us. They kept it real. Not this don't hurt the feelings stuff. This is what made us tough. If you look at the weakest person in our generation they were tougher than the so called hardest person in this new generation. Hell even the gay dudes in our generation tougher than today's hardest new generation. 😂 Sissy Twan would kick all they azz. 😂

Gospel...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The sad part is you really believe what you typed. As the old folks use to say "keep on living child". What you see at 30 is not what you will see at 40 or 50.
I do believe it. You have to examine who and what these ideals were meant to benefit.

🤣 Now that is funny. White folks ain't got nothing to do with this. This is not racist or European decent mindset. Men of all groups like a decent woman. Men of all decent quality want a clean, nice smelling, well kept woman. Only a low self esteem man wants a unkept woman.
Actually they do. Otherwise bonnets wouldn’t be a topic of discussion.

People are really charged up over a hair covering, something women have been wearing in public for centuries...

People are really charged up over a hair covering, something women have been wearing in public for centuries...
Your use of the word bonnet comes down to semantics.
The bonnets you speak of, that women wore outside were fashionable head dress. These bonnets are getting in the bed and going to sleep bonnets, like the scarves Black women wore to bed especially when they had rollers in their head.

Your use of the word bonnet comes down to semantics.
The bonnets you speak of, that women wore outside were fashionable head dress. These bonnets are getting in the bed and going to sleep bonnets, like the scarves Black women wore to bed especially when they had rollers in their head.
I didn't use bonnets at all, so let's try again. In any case, the types of coverings have run the gamut, including scarfs and bandanas. At the end of the day, all of this stuff is arbitrary respectability.

Back