Mississippi High School Football: Who's #1?

That's the problem for every school in Mississippi 5A football. :goof:

The one thing people fail to realize in South Panola kept most of there coaches. that means the Defense has not changed. Oh yeah 260lb O Linemen.

Chris Strong was 265 at Linebacker. South Panola would still beat the breaks off Meridian. :lmao:

The one thing people fail to realize in South Panola kept most of there coaches. that means the Defense has not changed. Oh yeah 260 OLinemen.

Chris Strong was 265 at Linebacker. South Panola would still beat the breaks off Meridian. :lmao:

And Chris Strong has went to Ole Miss as a freshman and may be starting this year. :nod:

One other thing that may be in the cards.

If this new guy just let South Panola throw the ball just 15 time's a game to make a defense lay back for a second, they will be scarier than thay are now.:emlaugh:
Them big back's and linemen would really put the hurt on people. :emlaugh:

In 6 games last year, they didn't attempt 1 pass...................Damm!!. :eek:

And Chris Strong has went to Ole Miss as a freshman and may be starting this year. :nod:

One other thing that may be in the cards.

If this new guy just let South Panola throw the ball just 15 time's a game to make a defense lay back for a second, they will be scarier than thay are now.:emlaugh:
Them big back's and linemen would really put the hurt on people. :emlaugh:

In 6 games last year, they didn't attempt 1 pass...................Damm!!. :eek:

Seeing them in person is amazing. Their conditioning program is no joke which is why they've beaten Clarksdale High the past couple of years except that spanking they put on us in 2004.

Photo Gallery S. Panola -vs- Warren Central

New coach, same result.........S. Panola roll's over 5A Warren Central for #61.

H.S. Football: Tigers extend magic against Vikings
Darius Barksdale rushes for 261 yards as S.P. streak improves to 61

South Panola's Darius Barksdale runs for some of his 261 yards Thursday night against Warren Central. The Dandy Dozen back scored two touchdowns.

Lance Pogue made his debut with Mississippi's most successful program Thursday night.

Darius Barksdale and South Panola's rugged defense made sure Pogue left Viking Stadium with a smile on his face and the team's state-record winning streak firmly intact.

Barksdale carried 31 times for 261 yards and a pair of touchdowns as the Tigers held off feisty Warren Central 31-18 before an estimated 5,000 in the 44th Red Carpet Bowl Classic.

WEEK 2

GAME OF THE WEEK................CL Super 10 Poll
#2 Clarksdale -vs- #1 South Panola
61 GAME WIN STREAK ON THE LINE.​

South Panola put's nations longest win streak on the line.

When Charlotte (N.C.) Independence lost in overtime last weekend in Ohio, South Panola's powerhouse program reached yet another landmark.
Not that first-year Tigers coach Lance Pogue was overly concerned.

"I really don't pay attention to those things," said Pogue, whose Tigers beat Warren Central 31-18 last week for their 61st straight victory - now the nation's longest active streak. "We've got our hands full with Clarksdale, so that's all I'm focused on."

Batesville will be the state's football capital Friday night when top-ranked South Panola hosts No. 2 Clarksdale before what's expected to be an overflow crowd at Tiger Stadium.

Clarksdale's "Bad Cat" RB/CB Charles Mitchell

Rival's Power ranking #8 Charles Mitchell

Jim Hughes has coached on the Clarksdale staff for 26 years, long enough to see the Wildcats play for the state championship eight times and firmly establish themselves as one of Mississippi's five most powerful programs.

So where does Clarksdale's latest Dandy Dozen star - the eighth since The Clarion-Ledger preseason Dream Team began in 1989 - rank on the Delta school's list of standouts for the past 2 1/2 decades?

"I'd put Charles Mitchell right there in the top one or two I've coached," said the typically understated Hughes. "Terrence Metcalf was a great athlete, a great leader and humble. Charles is a lot like that, too. And I don't think we've ever have had a player who's outworked him."

Clarksdale Wildcat.......................This ya'll year? :lol:
Tall order beating those guy's in THEIR HOUSE. :eek:

The rest of the WEEK 2 Super 10 Games.

3. WAYNE COUNTY (1-0) PREVIOUS: 3
Last week: Beat George Co. 23-6. Friday: at Louisville.
Notable: War Eagle 'D' seems to be in midseason form.

4. MOSS POINT (1-0) PREVIOUS: NR
Last week: Beat Picayune 28-14. Friday: Biloxi.
Notable: Are the Tigers back? Looks like it after Week 1.

5. FRANKLIN COUNTY (1-0) PREVIOUS: 5
Last week: Beat Hazlehurst 29-0. Friday: McComb.
Notable: Expect a defensive showdown in Meadville.

Other Highschool Action WEEK 2
All schools/stories/updates.

Former Football Power Moss Point eye's return to glory.

Josh Chestang hasn't forgotten the glory days of Moss Point football, when he was a grade schooler wandering around Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium as the Tigers played for - and won - yet another state championship.

If the speedy senior linebacker and his teammates accomplish their goal, Moss Point will return to the Capital City on the second Saturday in December.

"Me and a couple of my buddies talked this summer about how we want to get it back to how it used to be," Chestang said Tuesday, three days after the Tigers whipped Picayune 28-14 and one day after Moss Point replaced the Maroon Tide at No. 4 in The Clarion-Ledger Super 10 rankings. "It was a wonderful feeling after we won Friday. My body was shivering and my insides were going crazy."

WEEK 2

GAME OF THE WEEK................CL Super 10 Poll
#2 Clarksdale -vs- #1 South Panola
61 GAME WIN STREAK ON THE LINE.​

South Panola put's nations longest win streak on the line.

When Charlotte (N.C.) Independence lost in overtime last weekend in Ohio, South Panola's powerhouse program reached yet another landmark.
Not that first-year Tigers coach Lance Pogue was overly concerned.

"I really don't pay attention to those things," said Pogue, whose Tigers beat Warren Central 31-18 last week for their 61st straight victory - now the nation's longest active streak. "We've got our hands full with Clarksdale, so that's all I'm focused on."

Batesville will be the state's football capital Friday night when top-ranked South Panola hosts No. 2 Clarksdale before what's expected to be an overflow crowd at Tiger Stadium.

Clarksdale's "Bad Cat" RB Charles Mitchell

Jim Hughes has coached on the Clarksdale staff for 26 years, long enough to see the Wildcats play for the state championship eight times and firmly establish themselves as one of Mississippi's five most powerful programs.

So where does Clarksdale's latest Dandy Dozen star - the eighth since The Clarion-Ledger preseason Dream Team began in 1989 - rank on the Delta school's list of standouts for the past 2 1/2 decades?

"I'd put Charles Mitchell right there in the top one or two I've coached," said the typically understated Hughes. "Terrence Metcalf was a great athlete, a great leader and humble. Charles is a lot like that, too. And I don't think we've ever have had a player who's outworked him."

Clarksdale Wildcat.......................This ya'll year? :lol:
Tall order beating those guy's in THEIR HOUSE. :eek:

No doubt about it.....it's going to be tough. Our run defense is a beast, but the secondary is suspect at times. Since we are playing USP, I'll take it. While we were in Vicksburg, a lot of neutral fans were saying that Clarksdale will beat SP this year based off of watching both teams. This game is gonna be good!!!

South Panola 42
Clarksdale 0

Well damn........

........Is right!!:xeye:

I just saw that score. :eek:

I don't even know what to say.:no:
I like S. Panola but these mofo's just took out a team that will beat half the teams in the USATODAY Top 25 poll like they was nothing.
S. Panola got a "passing game" now people to go with that brusing running game.
5A in Mississippi need to be pi$$in in their cleet's. :lol:

I knew they would win ...................but..............WELL DAMN!! :xeye:

Pouring out a little for our SWACPAGE Brother ClarksdaleWildcat. :smug:

No doubt about it.....it's going to be tough. Our run defense is a beast, but the secondary is suspect at times. Since we are playing USP, I'll take it. While we were in Vicksburg, a lot of neutral fans were saying that Clarksdale will beat SP this year based off of watching both teams. This game is gonna be good!!!

Sorry man. :smug::winkgrin:

Photo's S. Panola -vs- Clarksdale.

S. Panola's RB "Tig" runs for 4 TD's and Passes for 1 mo. :lol:

BATESVILLE ? South Panola hasn't lost a football game since the end of the 2002 season.

Seldom in the incredible run of success have the Tigers looked so far ahead of the rest of Mississippi as they did here Friday night.

Dandy Dozen tailback Darius 'Tig' Barksdale accounted for five touchdowns and South Panola's fearsome defense produced four turnovers in less than three quarters en route to a 42-0 annihilation of Clarksdale in a matchup of the state's top two teams.

The victory before an estimated 8,000-plus was the 62nd straight - the nation's longest active streak - for South Panola (2-0), the four-time defending Class 5A state champions and the No. 1 team in The Clarion-Ledger Super 10.

Consider it yet another statement for those predicting the imminent downfall of the SP dynasty.

Sorry man. :smug::winkgrin:

Man, this whole weekend was sad. This is a mental game that we just can't get. After we fumbled at the 5 yd line in the 1st, the team just gave up. Jesse Murphee would not have loss with that team. :shame:

But, USP is a beast. Gotta give 'em props.

S. Panola's talent cup runnith over.....Rick Cleveland C/L .

S. Panola's cup runneth over with top talent

No. 1 South Panola led No. 2 Clarksdale 42-0 in the fourth quarter last Friday night, and South Panola's starters were taking a well-deserved break on the sidelines.

So, out trotted the Tigers' second team offense, all in nice clean and dry uniforms. If anything, these guys looked even bigger.

Lining up at left tackle was Jermarcus Hardrick, who stands 6 feet, 5 inches tall and weighs 310 pounds. He looked like he might have just dropped by from the Tennessee Titans. Seriously, it looked as if the playing field ought to have tilted in Hardrick's direction.

Afterward, Lance Pogue, the new head coach, was asked about Hardrick, who at one time was committed to Auburn.

"He's got an awful lot of ability," Pogue said. "He just can't beat out the guys ahead of him. I guarantee you he'd start and be a really good player for just about any high school team anywhere."

Mississippi High School Football!

My Warriors of Pontotoc High are 2-0. They play Ripley tonight who is also 2-0. Let's go Warriors scalp them Tigers!:smash::smash::smash::smash:

I just got 1 question.

Is Jackson Prep really good, or did they learn their lesson 2 years ago when they were private school champs, scheduled George County, and got the snot beat out of them.

Is Jackson Prep hand picking public school's that have fallen off cause they beat Newton county last week and last night, they beat PEARL 50-0 in the Public -vs- Private school matchups.:swink:

What would they do against schools of similar size but have good programs like TERRY, Wayne County, Clarksdale, Jackson Provine, etc.
Well Provine may be way to big as for enrollment.
Keep it 4A or less.

Jackson Prep 50................Pearl 0.

FLOWOOD - Jackson Prep senior quarterback Nick Schneeberger said he was surprised.

And a proud coach Ricky Black said his players answered the challenge and dominated a public school for the second consecutive week.

Senior running back Bryant Salmon set the tone Friday night with his 95-yard kickoff return to score on the first play of the game. Schneeberger threw for two touchdowns and ran for another in a 50-0 rout of Pearl in front of an estimated 4,000 at Patriot Field.

Prep improved to 4-0 on the season and won over a public school in dominating fashion for the second week in row.

"It was a surprise that we got after them so early," said Schneeberger, who finished 14-of-19 for 101 yards in just two quarters of play. "We knew Pearl would be bigger than us, and we knew we were going to have to throw the ball."

Oh yeah.

S. Panola rolled to #63 str8 over 5A Grenada last night.

S. Panola 41.......Grenada 13/"Tigger" Barksdale out with sprained shoulder.

GRENADA ? For the first two weeks of the season, it has been the Darius "Tig" Barksdale show for South Panola.

But don't think for a minute that the powerhouse Tigers are just a one-man show.

Barksdale left the game in the second quarter with a hurt shoulder, but the Tigers still rolled to a 41-13 victory over Grenada on Friday night to extend the nation's best current winning streak to 63 games before an estimated 5,000 at Charger Field.

"I have a lot of confidence in them because I know they are going to do their thing," Barksdale said. "We came here as a team."

And the four-time defending Class 5A state champion Tigers (3-0), ranked No. 1 in The Clarion-Ledger Super 10 and No. 1 in 5A, showed every aspect of that Friday in the non-region matchup.

Memphis People

What's the scoop on this high school football team.
What class are they, are they any good.
The play the University of S. Panola Friday night.

TREZEVANT High School..................Memphis, Tennessee

Memphis People

What's the scoop on this high school football team.
What class are they, are they any good.
The play the University of S. Panola Friday night.

TREZEVANT High School..................Memphis, Tennessee

Stagg Expect to see a score similar to this one here. OB has beaten two Memphis teams by a combinde score of 110 -13. They play sheffeild which will be some competition but not much.
3. OLIVE BRANCH (3-0) PREVIOUS: 5

Last week: Beat Treadwell 81-8. Friday: Sheffield.

SPU 95 Trezevant 0. The only Memphis team that should play OB or South Panola in Melrose and neither will schedule them.

Stagg Expect to see a score similar to this one here. OB has beaten two Memphis teams by a combinde score of 110 -13. They play sheffeild which will be some competition but not much.
3. OLIVE BRANCH (3-0) PREVIOUS: 5

Last week: Beat Treadwell 81-8. Friday: Sheffield.

SPU 95 Trezevant 0. The only Memphis team that should play OB or South Panola in Melrose and neither will schedule them.

This is gonna get real ugly then.
Olive Branch is another team school's don't wanna see yet S.P. took them out on the regular.

S.P. looks like they working their way through Memphis.
Germantown (2 times), Memphis Carver (3 times), and a couple other's have bit the dust big time against S.P.

bet if Melrose picked up the phone, S.P. will play them.
So would a lot of others.

Back