Mississippi High School Football: Who's #1?

staggalee83

War & Thunder
Well.................The University Of South Panola who else. :goof:

From #1 to #10, talk up your old stomping grounds.
Mine.......C. Springs may win 5 games this year.

Terry is moving up to 5A this year.
How will the do against the big boys.

CL Super 10 Football 2007

#1. South Panola 5A, 60-0, St. Champ.
#2. Clarksdale 4A, 13-2, St. Runner up.
#3. Wayne Co. 4A, 15-0, St. Champ.
#4. Picayune 4A, 11-1, Qtr. Finals
#5. Franklin Co. 3A, 14-1, St. Champ
#6. Olive Branch 5A, 12-2, St. Semi
#7. George Co. 5A, 10-3, Qtr. Finals
#8. Tupelo 5A, 6-5, *****
#9. Kosciusko 4A, 9-3, *****
#10. Jackson Provine 5A, 9-3, *****

I'm not even going to talk about my high school. We have talent from what used to be cross-town rivals now playing as one team and we can't win jack isht!!
In case you're wondering who I'm referring to, the school is now called Greenville-Weston High School. When I was there, it was Greenville High School and T.L. Weston High School. We used to be heated cross-town rivals. Whatever sport we played in, it was a guaranteed sell out. I just knew that when they combined the schools we would have talent out the azz. We made the playoffs the first year they combined the schools and haven't done isht since.

Pontotoc Warriors

The Warriors have a new coach this year so I don't know what to expect from them. My cousin is the starting running back for them this year.

I'm not even going to talk about my high school. We have talent from what used to be cross-town rivals now playing as one team and we can't win jack isht!!
In case you're wondering who I'm referring to, the school is now called Greenville-Weston High School. When I was there, it was Greenville High School and T.L. Weston High School. We used to be heated cross-town rivals. Whatever sport we played in, it was a guaranteed sell out. I just knew that when they combined the schools we would have talent out the azz. We made the playoffs the first year they combined the schools and haven't done isht since.

All this time, I thought that was ANOTHER highschool in Greenville.
I didn't know they combined the 2 together.

The people I knew at J-State back in the day that went to Greenville High would get "upset" when you mentioned Weston. :lol:

Re: Mississippi High School Football: Who's #1?

All this time, I thought that was ANOTHER highschool in Greenville.
I didn't know they combined the 2 together.

The people I knew at J-State back in the day that went to Greenville High would get "upset" when you mentioned Weston. :lol:

I remember that. I had friends from both T. L. and Greenville High. Talk about BITTER rivals. It used to be hilarious to listen to them talk smack to each other. :lol:

Fun times. Good memories.

Did somebody say Hattiesburg High School? :tup:

Man I met some crazy negros from Greenville when I was at Alcorn. One cat was called Popo.

Mine.......C. Springs may win 5 games this year.

Staggs I think C. Springs will be pretty good this year. They made the playoffs last year. That was the first time in 20 something years. It's hard to believe that Hazlehurst is that much better than C.S.. Both of them drink from the same water.

Clarksdale and Olive Branch should have beat them last season. Finish the deal Clarksdale.

We play in 3A and went to the playoffs two years on a row.

The West Tallahatchi High School

Did St Josephs hurt? They got the new school and all. What about Jackson OBanner are they better? Shoot St Josephs beat us so bad when I was in JR High they called the game two minutes into the third QTR. WE bounced back and we are competitive now. Dayum :lol:

I'm riding with Olive Branch and Center Hill (1 of two new schools in Olive Branch) since my kids are in the schools. Olive Branch and Clarksdale should drop two loses on South Panola this season.:birthday:

Man I met some crazy negros from Greenville when I was at Alcorn. One cat was called Popo.

Staggs I think C. Springs will be pretty good this year. They made the playoffs last year. That was the first time in 20 something years. It's hard to believe that Hazlehurst is that much better than C.S.. Both of them drink from the same water.

I hope so.
They surprised me and other teams last year.
Ole boy from Alcorn, :)goof: cough, gag, and wezzzz :goof: ), is turning things around but I think other teams will not be overlooking them this year like they have done in the past.

As for Hazlehusrt, it is strange they are that much better than C. Springs.
The past decade or so, the atheletes in C. Springs went for Basketball and a few went for football.

Football is on the comeback at C. Springs now.
My youngest nephew just graduated last year and said the coach is really making guy's work at getting better..................no excuses.
With the campus and facilities they have at C. Springs, those kids should be fighting to play sports down there.

I remember if we ever lost to Hazlehurst, the entire town would get depressed till next year. :lol:

I hope neither one of them think they are leaving Vicksburg this weekend with wins.

I saw S. Panola scrimmage against Provine and another Jackson school this weekend.
They still got them BIG ARSE PULP WOOD hauling country boy's.
They HUGE...........................:scared:

I hope so.
They surprised me and other teams last year.
Ole boy from Alcorn, :)goof: cough, gag, and wezzzz :goof: ), is turning things around but I think other teams will not be overlooking them this year like they have done in the past.

As for Hazlehusrt, it is strange they are that much better than C. Springs.
The past decade or so, the atheletes in C. Springs went for Basketball and a few went for football.

Football is on the comeback at C. Springs now.
My youngest nephew just graduated last year and said the coach is really making guy's work at getting better..................no excuses.
With the campus and facilities they have at C. Springs, those kids should be fighting to play sports down there.

I remember if we ever lost to Hazlehurst, the entire town would get depressed till next year. :lol:

LOL at frat. So CS would be depressed for losing to Hazlehurst? Must been pre Lewis Tillman years. Heck I thought even ole Carl Powell and Lawrence Pillars won some back in the day. I guess not. LOL.

Anyway, my HS sucks now. We used to be so beautiful pre 1990s. Even our recent claim to fame (Odom kid at LSU) done messed up. But I still rep the once mighty ............

JACKSON CALLAWAY CHARGERS

LOL at frat. So CS would be depressed for losing to Hazlehurst? Must been pre Lewis Tillman years. Heck I thought even ole Carl Powell and Lawrence Pillars won some back in the day. I guess not. LOL.

Anyway, my HS sucks now. We used to be so beautiful pre 1990s. Even our recent claim to fame (Odom kid at LSU) done messed up. But I still rep the once mighty ............

JACKSON CALLAWAY CHARGERS

Lewis Tillman was just another player that got lucky once against us back then :lol:
Lawrence Pillars and Carl Powell didn't want to see a 70's C. Springs team.:lol:

The only school we lost to back then in the South Little Dixie Conference was Warren Central with Leo Cage and company.
Them guy's would beat us by 1 point or 3.
Both would be usually undefeated when we met and that would be the only loss of the season.

School's like Pearl, Brandon, Forrest Hill's, etc was homecomming bait for us back then.

BTW: Jackson Calloway is in for a long year.

Clarksdale and Olive Branch should have beat them last season. Finish the deal Clarksdale.

We play in 3A and went to the playoffs two years on a row.

The West Tallahatchi High School

I was at that game last year. That game could have gone either way. I think it's a mind thing.

Week 1 matchups.

Super 10 Games for 8/30/2007
1. SOUTH PANOLA (0-0)
Thursday: at Warren Central.
Notable: SP ranked No. 5 in nation by Sports Illustrated.
2. CLARKSDALE (0-0)
Friday: vs. Vicksburg (at Warren Central).
Notable: Cats can't peek ahead to S. Panola in Week 2.
3. WAYNE COUNTY (0-0)
Friday: vs. George County.
Notable: Defending 4A champs have won 15 straight.

South Panola's "TIGGER"
Dynamic 'Tig' bundle of energy
South Panola's versatile star earned childhood tag for getting into things

The nickname that Robbie Ellis penned on her nephew Darius Barksdale as a child is just as fitting now as it was back then.

"When I was young I was always bouncing around, always moving and would never stay in one place," said Barksdale. "Just into everything. So they called me Tig."

Tig. Short for Tigger, as in Winnie the Pooh's sidekick: a Tiger known for being energetic.

Why is Wayne Co. so good...........SUPPORT!!
Tailgaters charge Wayne County atmosphere
George County at Wayne County
Kickoff: Friday, 7:30 p.m.
Rankings: George County is No. 7 in the Super 10 and No. 3 in 5A; Wayne County is No. 3 in the Super 10 and No. 2 in 4A
Coaches: George County's Al Jones; Wayne County's Marcus Boyles
The buzz: War Eagles begin defense of their Class 4A title in a matchup of big-play teams.
C-L says: Rebels limp home after dose of Waynesboro hospitality. WC 27-13.

Wayne County begins pursuit of a fourth state championship Friday night, but the community's pregame routine begins long before the 7:30 kickoff at War Eagle Stadium.

Just check the stadium parking lot around noon, when fans will be tailgating in anticipation of the season opener for 2007.

Yes, this is how they do it in Waynesboro, where an overflow crowd of 8,000-plus is expected to see third-ranked Wayne County host seventh-ranked George County in a marquee matchup in Week 1 of the MHSAA schedule.

"That means a lot to our kids when they can look at the window at lunchtime and see people tailgating," Wayne County coach Marcus Boyles said. "That lets them know football is important around here.

Other Top Games starting 8/30/2007
Other matchups 08/30/2007

:jump::jump::jump::jump:

Man How can ya' ll not mention Meridian High, in the state Championship they lost to USP by 7. Coach Weems is a good coach and i know they will be back in that game.....

Man How can ya' ll not mention Meridian High, in the state Championship they lost to USP by 7. Coach Weems is a good coach and i know they will be back in that game.....

Meridian will make some noise this year. They have a Jr. QB who will be in the SEC in 2 years and they keep good skill players and an OL that easily averages above 260 lbs.- that's remarkable for a high school. The problem is just that S. Panola is gonna win their next 30 games...at the least. :lol:

Meridian will make some noise this year. They have a Jr. QB who will be in the SEC in 2 years and they keep good skill players and an OL that easily averages above 260 lbs.- that's remarkable for a high school. The problem is just that S. Panola is gonna win their next 30 games...at the least. :lol:

That's the problem for every school in Mississippi 5A football. :goof:

Back