Michael Jackson Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said Michael Jackson did anything wrong or was judging him. All I am saying is that it is difficult to ignore certain parts of his life and act like he did not face some serious allegations. Hey, I don't know what happened, nobody really does except Mike. But those things he had to go through, innocent or not innocent, is part of the biography. And it would not be doing justice to the story if those turbulent times were overlooked and only Jackson's steller music career was highlighted.

I mean, there was a made for TV movie done about Tina Turner. The director did not overlook the domestic abuse she suffered during her career during production of the film. Although it was horrible for Turner to have to experience that treatment, it was part of her life just like all those great songs she recorded was.

It might seem heartless or disrespectful or negative, but if you are going to harp on the good, then those others chapters have to be mentioned as well.

Sure, it is not fun or pleasant that Jackson had to deal with those issues, but that is the way it played out. I am not trying to bash Michael Jackson or what he accomplished. The man was a trancendent talent. But there was more than one side to the man's life.
Could you please do your "harping" on a newly created thread, since it's that important to you that the negative have equal time. As a matter of fact, I'll go and start it for you - chime in when you're ready.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Could you please do your "harping" on a newly created thread, since it's that important to you that the negative have equal time. As a matter of fact, I'll go and start it for you - chime in when you're ready.

I am not saying whatever controversy Michael Jackson went through deserves equal time. I am just saying we all can't go around and act like that those allegations and subsequent court appearances did not happen. I am not saying Mike was guilty at all. In fact, I don't think he was guilty.

But it would be hard to look back on his life without mentioning the fact he was at one time accused of a serious crime. Even if he was innocent, that does not mean it should be stricken from the record. It will be the same when R. Kelly dies down the line.

People will talk about his great R & B career and all the hits, but people will also mention the sex tape and the trial that followed.

We can't be like kids with our fingers stuck on our ears humming really loud just because there is information out there we don't want to hear. I know it sucks as a fan that hours and even minutes after Michael Jackson died news outlets and people looked back on the whole alleged child molestation issue.

But it happened just like "Man in the mirror," "Jam," and "Bad."

By no means should that chapter in Jackson's life overshadow his death and all the good he did in music, but at the same time it is part of the story as well.

And for people to say no one should bring it up at all is selling themselves short. I mean, why can't you bring it up? In life good and not so good things and situations happen.

Last edited:
BECAUSE THIS AIN'T THE DAMNED THREAD FOR THAT. THIS THREAD WAS STARTED TO OFFER CONDOLENCES FOR AND CELEBRATE THE TALENT OF THE MUSICIAN AND HIS MUSIC, NOT THE MAN AND HIS FAILINGS OR SHORTCOMINGS.
There is a time and a place for everything. Surely you learned that at some point in your life.

Damn.

:rolleyes:

BECAUSE THIS AIN'T THE DAMNED THREAD FOR THAT. THIS THREAD WAS STARTED TO OFFER CONDOLENCES FOR AND CELEBRATE THE TALENT OF THE MUSICIAN AND HIS MUSIC, NOT THE MAN AND HIS FAILINGS OR SHORTCOMINGS.
There is a time and a place for everything. Surely you learned that at some point in your life.

Damn.

:topic:

I love you Divastating Divas...

Damn.

um, apparently NOT!!!

Damn.

The thread was not started to offer condolences to or celebrate the life of one Michael Jackson. It was initally started to inform people that he died. Now, along the way posters offered up their condolences and reflected on what Jackson did in his music career. The title of the thread is "Michael Jackson Dies." That means people can talk about whatever aspect of Jackson's life they please. Some can express sadness, post Youtube clips of music videos, share stories about how his music made an impact on their lives and others, like myself can mention that he did have battles in his life.

Now, the only reason I even brought the whole legal issue thing up was in response to a poster who felt it was wrong during the chronology of Jackson's life to bring up the or talk about the child molestation allegations and other not so pleasing circumstances that surrounded the man. I did not have a problem with a TV network, Internet site or publication making note of it because it was part of Jackson life.

I mean, we all know what happened regarding those cases and it should not take away from all the wonderful things Jackson did. And it should diminish or change how you feel about the man.

Okay, the networks mentioned that controversial part of life, cool. Nothing new. We knew it was going to be that way from jump street once it was made official that he died. Jackson was a celebrity and we know celebrities get covered and treated differently than those who did not live their lives in the spotlight.

No big deal to me. For the most part almost every network was showing positive images of the superstar. And some are freaking out because a few minutes were taken out to mention that he went through a turbulent time?

I wish those things did not happen to Jackson, but it's part of his story. Hey, we all go through things. But 99 percent of us don't do it in the public eye. That is why mentioning those items is fair game. It comes with the territory of being a celebrity. You take the good with bad.

The thread was not started to offer condolences to or celebrate the life of one Michael Jackson. It was initally started to inform people that he died. Now, along the way posters offered up their condolences and reflected on what Jackson did in his music career. The title of the thread is "Michael Jackson Dies." That means people can talk about whatever aspect of Jackson's life they please. Some can express sadness, post Youtube clips of music videos, share stories about how his music made an impact on their lives and others, like myself can mention that he did have battles in his life.

Now, the only reason I even brought the whole legal issue thing up was in response to a poster who felt it was wrong during the chronology of Jackson's life to bring up the or talk about the child molestation allegations and other not so pleasing circumstances that surrounded the man. I did not have a problem with a TV network, Internet site or publication making note of it because it was part of Jackson life.

I mean, we all know what happened regarding those cases and it should not take away from all the wonderful things Jackson did. And it should diminish or change how you feel about the man.

Okay, the networks mentioned that controversial part of life, cool. Nothing new. We knew it was going to be that way from jump street once it was made official that he died. Jackson was a celebrity and we know celebrities get covered and treated differently than those who did not live their lives in the spotlight.

No big deal to me. For the most part almost every network was showing positive images of the superstar. And some are freaking out because a few minutes were taken out to mention that he went through a turbulent time?

I wish those things did not happen to Jackson, but it's part of his story. Hey, we all go through things. But 99 percent of us don't do it in the public eye. That is why mentioning those items is fair game. It comes with the territory of being a celebrity. You take the good with bad.

DUDE..this is not the newspaper! So stfu and move alone!

Kendrick, just let it go bruh. No need to keep explaining. I understand what you meant, but as several of the peeps have stated, your timing is off. This isint' the thread for that stuff. The man just died and the wound is too deep for a life analysis of the man. (Quite frankly, If it doesnt' concern MJ's contributions and greatness to the MUSIC....Im' not interested in hearing about it.)

Now....let's get back to the LOVE shall we??? We cant' let this thread get HIJACKED.

Guys, I was SUPPOSED to be out fertilizing the lawn, cuttin' hedges and grass, edging, and the whole 9 yards. Instead, Ive been on YouTube (and other sites) watching every MJ video known to mankind all day long. I cant' stop. Im' out of control. This is the first ICON of MY generation to die. Yes, we have lost MANY wonderful entertainers in my lifetime. (I mean NO DISRESPECT the great James Brown and others. Without them several barriers would still be up to this very day.) This is just...........different. Now I know how the OFFAYS felt when they lost ELVIS and LENNON. Every time I think about him being gone I just shake my head and say "damn!"

Everybody has a favorite, but that dayum "Smooth Criminal" video stops me in my tracks even to this day. Everytime I see it I wanna squeeze my big arse into a white gangsta suit, put on a hat, gather up about 10-15 of the bruhs, and JAM MY FAT ARSE OFF. When that brother does that SLOW TILT to the front, I still get goosebumps. Whew!!!

Rest in peace KING MICHAEL. Maybe now (unless PAPARAZZI is in the next life) you can FINALLY rest.

Last edited:
Mama just told me to check out this song.

"Out of the heart flows the issues of life..." I googled the lyrics to this song... :)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ouka5brwVAs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ouka5brwVAs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Paul Mccartney's tribute to MJ

"It's so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/06/26/paul_mccartney_s_tribute_to_michael_jack_1

* Also word is that in MJ's will he left the rights to the beatles songs to Paul. If that is true then all I can say is WOW. That's a big act of friendship.*

I like to dedicate this song to all the Michael Jackson fans:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fEqMl1lJx8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8fEqMl1lJx8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like to dedicate this song to all the Michael Jackson fans:

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/8fEqMl1lJx8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

:emlaugh:

Damn.

and with that said..."to the left, to the left...."

Some peeps thrive off negativity! It just shows the kind of people that are in our midst! Mike is dead and dude is focused on the negative!:(

Wow! The last few moments of the life of Michael Jackson. :scared:

I don't know how Entertainment Tonight got this photo.

400_mjackson_ambulance_newgraphic_090625.jpg

Wow! The last few moments of the life of Michael Jackson. :scared:

I don't know how Entertainment Tonight got this photo.

kendrick,

You have issues that need to be addressed by a Medical professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
kendrick,

You have issues that need to be addressed by a Medical profession.

That is the same thing my parents say. I have come to the realization that I don't think or act like everyone else and I can accept that. I just try to go out and be the best person I can every day.

Ken,

My man that photo is a bit disrespectful brah.. It's a dayum shame someone would be willing to take a photo like that..

:retard: Is it just me or did this seem a little awkward?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SO66BtD35hE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SO66BtD35hE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ken,

My man that photo is a bit disrespectful brah.. It's a dayum shame someone would be willing to take a photo like that..

I bet that photographer got paid a lot of cheese for that picture. You know it is going to be on TMZ and on the cover of all the tabloids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back