Memphis sets new homicide record with months still to go in 2020

Rated R Superstar

Yet folks mad at the crime bill........... Move to these neighborhoods and enroll your kids in the neighborhood school. Only then will I listen to you
The crime bill partially explains what we see today. When you create something that disenfranchises people, ruin their ability to support themselves and their families, it has a lasting impact generationally. And communities are still reaping what that bill did.

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
The crime bill partially explains what we see today. When you create something that disenfranchises people, ruin their ability to support themselves and their families, it has a lasting impact generationally. And communities are still reaping what that bill did.
That was before my era but the stories I read and hear are still way worse than what goes on today

PV-PRIDE

Homicides are up in most cities. Many seem to be domestic in nature. A lot of family violence. Lockdown is causing people to interact who normally would not be at home. This has led to an drastic increase in violence. Spousal domestic abuse has also increased in the last six months...

TSU/BAMA

Yet folks mad at the crime bill........... Move to these neighborhoods and enroll your kids in the neighborhood school. Only then will I listen to you

CEE, I probably should not say this, but we but we will never solve the problems in the black community until we address the elephant in the room. Crime bill or no crime bill, that is still an issue that need to be addressed. The elephant is in the room. How it got there is not our fault. I get it. My question is how do we get the fucking elephant out of the damn room? And when it is all said and done, only we can do that. Just my opinion folks.

TSU/BAMA

Homicides are up in most cities. Many seem to be domestic in nature. A lot of family violence. Lockdown is causing people to interact who normally would not be at home. This has led to an drastic increase in violence. Spousal domestic abuse has also increased in the last six months...
I wish I could recall the thread that was started when the pandemic first hit, and people were saying that there was going to be a baby boom nine months later. And I told yall, not necessarily, because this could lead to a lot of divorces. Now, all these killings, I did not anticipate.

major095

ASU4real
This did not start in 1994. In all seriousness it's a lack of Jesus, but I know not everyone wants to hear that so I'll come at it from this perspective. Our community schools have been given less to work with for 100 years. You provide the people a subpar education, limit their ability to compete and make an honest living for themselves and their family, they are going to do what they have to do. Much of the crime we see in our community involves the drug trade, which is dangerous and violent by nature. Young people have learned that tomorrow is not promised and so they live for today, because today is all they've got. They have lost hope and a boy w/o hope is dangerous and desperate. Combine that with their youth (men's brains don't reach maturity until mid-20s) that makes them impulsive and unable to fully process the consequences of their actions. welcome to 2020, or 1994. It's true now and it was true then.