Memphis sets new homicide record with months still to go in 2020

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yet folks mad at the crime bill........... Move to these neighborhoods and enroll your kids in the neighborhood school. Only then will I listen to you
The crime bill partially explains what we see today. When you create something that disenfranchises people, ruin their ability to support themselves and their families, it has a lasting impact generationally. And communities are still reaping what that bill did.

The crime bill partially explains what we see today. When you create something that disenfranchises people, ruin their ability to support themselves and their families, it has a lasting impact generationally. And communities are still reaping what that bill did.
That was before my era but the stories I read and hear are still way worse than what goes on today

Homicides are up in most cities. Many seem to be domestic in nature. A lot of family violence. Lockdown is causing people to interact who normally would not be at home. This has led to an drastic increase in violence. Spousal domestic abuse has also increased in the last six months...

Yet folks mad at the crime bill........... Move to these neighborhoods and enroll your kids in the neighborhood school. Only then will I listen to you

CEE, I probably should not say this, but we but we will never solve the problems in the black community until we address the elephant in the room. Crime bill or no crime bill, that is still an issue that need to be addressed. The elephant is in the room. How it got there is not our fault. I get it. My question is how do we get the fucking elephant out of the damn room? And when it is all said and done, only we can do that. Just my opinion folks.

Homicides are up in most cities. Many seem to be domestic in nature. A lot of family violence. Lockdown is causing people to interact who normally would not be at home. This has led to an drastic increase in violence. Spousal domestic abuse has also increased in the last six months...
I wish I could recall the thread that was started when the pandemic first hit, and people were saying that there was going to be a baby boom nine months later. And I told yall, not necessarily, because this could lead to a lot of divorces. Now, all these killings, I did not anticipate.

That is a lie.

This did not start in 1994. In all seriousness it's a lack of Jesus, but I know not everyone wants to hear that so I'll come at it from this perspective. Our community schools have been given less to work with for 100 years. You provide the people a subpar education, limit their ability to compete and make an honest living for themselves and their family, they are going to do what they have to do. Much of the crime we see in our community involves the drug trade, which is dangerous and violent by nature. Young people have learned that tomorrow is not promised and so they live for today, because today is all they've got. They have lost hope and a boy w/o hope is dangerous and desperate. Combine that with their youth (men's brains don't reach maturity until mid-20s) that makes them impulsive and unable to fully process the consequences of their actions. welcome to 2020, or 1994. It's true now and it was true then.

Being a resident of this city since 98 and having the opportunity to do outreach along with the teaching that I've done, I wish I could say what the solution should be. The only response I can give is that it's just complicated. For many, the struggle is so real. I can't imagine what I would have done if I were not as fortunate as I have been in my own life. I can say this though.,,.

I've seen a lot of success stories in this city. I mean, I've seen kids work their way up out of the worse and most extreme circumstances and make good things happen. If you have been blessed to reach out and give anything (time, talent, or treasure) to whatever type of neighborhood you have been planted, keep on doing what you can, anything, be it a little or a lot. Our kids need us more now than ever before.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This did not start in 1994. In all seriousness it's a lack of Jesus, but I know not everyone wants to hear that so I'll come at it from this perspective. Our community schools have been given less to work with for 100 years. You provide the people a subpar education, limit their ability to compete and make an honest living for themselves and their family, they are going to do what they have to do. Much of the crime we see in our community involves the drug trade, which is dangerous and violent by nature. Young people have learned that tomorrow is not promised and so they live for today, because today is all they've got. They have lost hope and a boy w/o hope is dangerous and desperate. Combine that with their youth (men's brains don't reach maturity until mid-20s) that makes them impulsive and unable to fully process the consequences of their actions. welcome to 2020, or 1994. It's true now and it was true then.
Seems to me people who lack Jesus ain't black people.

Last edited:
Seems to me people who lack Jesus ain't black people.
there is not a demographic of people you can identify that don't need Jesus. those in our community that commit crime, the police that abuse their authority & make themselves useless to the community, the remainder of the CJS that doesn't treat the problem but seeks simply to punish, schools that don't provide an education that will prepare young people to meet their opportunities. churches that pass judgement but don't pass mercy down mercy and meet the needs of the communities they serve.
Our community and country are sick and I lay it at the feet of the Church.
1603424427566.png

It also started with Reverse migration. And started happening to a bunch of cities, Jackson, Little Rock, Mobile Birmingham, even little old Meridian Mississippi. Ask me what I mean, if you don't know.

When more African Americans started moving back South, members of gangs,, that had a stronghold on Northern and Eastern cities also moved south. Not saying gangs were not already in these Southern cities, but greatly increased with the reverse migration. I am in Houston, now but go home often to my home state, Mississippi. And I see the gang activities, even in the smaller towns and cities.
Something my Mom told me probably sometime in the 90's sticks with me. I was home for a visit, and when I arrived, she told me to make sure and lock my car door. Something I did but never really worry about, when parking in her drive way. She told me that so many new people had moved to town and a lot of car's were getting broken into. And so many people walking down the street at night, and they just walk by, they just detour and try the door to see if it is open. that's when I knew their was a problem.

Back