Meac/Swac Football Anouncement

Why can't you play volleyball and soccer in a coronavirus environment?

Also transportation may be a concern. The buses we contract for student travel now only carry about 15 people due to social distancing. Most universities are restricting all travel for student groups and it’s difficult for them to make an exception for student athletes while maintaining it’s not safe for other students.

Why can't you play volleyball and soccer in a coronavirus environment?

1. Safety of Student athletes....(Politically Correct Answer)
2. Funds from Revenue Generating sports (ie. Football) will not be there to supplement for non revenue sports (More like the truth)

2. Funds from Revenue Generating sports (ie. Football) will not be there to supplement for non revenue sports (More like the truth)

Which is why I believe that the SWAC is waiting to see if they will cancel this season or not. If they cancel the football season (which might happen after this emergency meeting on Monday), then soccer and cross country can hang it up as well

Test for players and staff would come out to be more than some schools athletic budgets. Tough times but I thought they would at least wait on SEC or G5 schools especially if they had guarantees with those schools

KNOE TV-8 News has just reported that SWAC may cancel it fall sports season. Acccording to Dr. Rick Gallot of GSU, the COPC will meet again on Monday at which time a final decision will be announced.

Last edited:

swac commish reported that that statement was not true... presidents haven't voted yet.

Somebody leaked the information because I've gotten several e-mails about the season being cancelled and they are coming from different people. One person is in Shreveport, other in Alexandria and two people in New Orleans. This story been leaked somehow...….

Commissioner McClelland and GSU President Gallot have spoken. Is anyone else on record speaking against the report?

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back