MEAC announces plans for spring football season, includes first-ever championship game

About 4 years too late. This probably would have kept FAMU, BCU and even SSU in the conference for sure. I don't know about A&T but Hampton seemed hellbent on leaving once the AQ was given up

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
While I would love to see college football, I'm nott sure I support spring ball because of injuries. Just think. 2nd through 7th round draft picks are risking draft status and potential money. Id be very leary.

how many 2nd-7th round draft picks at our schools?

Bingo.

Just going by preseason rankings from what I have seen, the only possible draftable players from the SWAC going into the season are Glass (as previously mentioned) and Cole from Alcorn.

This is not a normal year so the way things would normally go needs to be thrown out the window. Just like the 2020 guys who got messed over due to the pandemic cancelling a lot of camps and combines hurting guys getting into NFl camps, the same goes to next year. A guy will have to ball out during the regular season in order to get a camp invite. The NFL Draft concludes 5/1/2021 so you might have some guys playing in the SCG being offered UDFA contracts after the game

About 4 years too late. This probably would have kept FAMU, BCU and even SSU in the conference for sure. I don't know about A&T but Hampton seemed hellbent on leaving once the AQ was given up

Unfortunately we were all stuck on the playoffs. A championship game would’ve dissolved the MEAC pre-CB. Although, the addition of WSSU and SSU was allegedly supposed to lead to a MEAC Title game.

Unfortunately we were all stuck on the playoffs. A championship game would’ve dissolved the MEAC pre-CB. Although, the addition of WSSU and SSU was allegedly supposed to lead to a MEAC Title game.

That was the commish's vision however a championship game was never the intent of the Council of CEO'S. In 2011 and again in 2015 they said they wanted the runner up to be eligible for an at large playoff bid.
A conference championship game works now because there will be no playoffs in the spring.

That was the commish's vision however a championship game was never the intent of the Council of CEO'S. In 2011 and again in 2015 they said they wanted the runner up to be eligible for an at large playoff bid.
A conference championship game works now because there will be no playoffs in the spring.

such a shame the leadership of the MEAC was shucking and jiving for a playoff spot when their teams would have been sent to play in the freezing cold in Montana or the Dakotas instead of the Celebration Bowl with thousands of fans.

idk why some of us continue to try to be apart of something that doesn’t want anything to do with us.

So they're playing BCU & SCSU twice in a shortened Spring season? I guess that's one way to cut down on travel expenses.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think this is smart.... I wish we could play Bama State twice just for the spring season.

I think this is smart.... I wish we could play Bama State twice just for the spring season.
Give me them Jaguars twice. I don’t think you want to play Bama st twice home boy fights for his job this the last year of his contract

View: https://twitter.com/HBCUGameday/status/1320901242718138368?s=19

Bethune-Cookman University will not compete in any athletics activity during the 2020-21 school year.

The school announced on Monday that it is forgoing all spring athletic competition, including football as well as men’s and women’s basketball.

A letter from the office of President, Dr. E. LeBrent Chrite, cited COVID-19 concerns as his reason for shutting down athletics through the spring...

All because Don Santis is an idiot and fellow idiots act like not wearing a mask infringes on their constitutional rights

Biden is a racist but at least he is smart enough to make wearing masks mandatory and listen to the doctors

View: https://twitter.com/HBCUGameday/status/1320901242718138368?s=19

Bethune-Cookman University will not compete in any athletics activity during the 2020-21 school year.

The school announced on Monday that it is forgoing all spring athletic competition, including football as well as men’s and women’s basketball.

A letter from the office of President, Dr. E. LeBrent Chrite, cited COVID-19 concerns as his reason for shutting down athletics through the spring...

I guess the MEAC needs to redo that football schedule. I know they not gonna give certain teams 2 wins in the standings.

Back