MEAC announces plans for spring football season, includes first-ever championship game

That was one of my concerns with bringing them into the SWAC.
I believe BCU is back on the right track. Keep in mind, they had one of the biggest athletic budgets in the MEAC at nearly $16 million and saw a lot of success on the field and they have a great athletic director who I’m sure will get them back in a solid position.

But this particular move was financial. Yes COVID is happening and we are in a pandemic, but most athletic decisions being made are being made based on finances...for everybody

COVID is a great excuse...but this was a financial move
That was one of my concerns with bringing them into the SWAC.

I understand the concern, but, I'd like to think that we came to the SWAC to save and make money. Does the SWAC offer us this? Let's see what we bring and offer "financially". You might be surprised. You see, I kinda like what our AD says. "BCU has always been out of the box. Why? Because we couldn't even afford the box". Take a look at what we have done (Prior to Jackass...I mean Jackson) and you will see.

I guess the MEAC needs to redo that football schedule. I know they not gonna give certain teams 2 wins in the standings.
I can't believe they did this just 3 days after the MEAC released the conference's Spring schedule. It begs the question, did they even communicate this possibility to the league office before the dates were set? It just makes the conference look like they don't have their act together. Now schedules AND divisions might need to be retooled AGAIN.

Naaaa... can't blame Dr. Thomas on this. This is all on BCU for doing this. No one is faulting them for not playing but it's just the timing

I understand the concern, but, I'd like to think that we came to the SWAC to save and make money. Does the SWAC offer us this? Let's see what we bring and offer "financially". You might be surprised. You see, I kinda like what our AD says. "BCU has always been out of the box. Why? Because we couldn't even afford the box". Take a look at what we have done (Prior to Jackass...I mean Jackson) and you will see.
Say, don't make me make a phone call and have yall kicked out before yall get here. Yall be homeless and moneyless.

The move makes sense to me. If BCU doesn't feel like Spring 2021 is a prudent investment, I endorse saving/building up reserves.

Say, don't make me make a phone call and have yall kicked out before yall get here. Yall be homeless and moneyless.
LOL. You sced? Oh ye of little faith....lol. Naw mane. Truth be told, if we did anything improper, then we will have to accept what ever comes. (Of course I'd like to think that we operated in good faith and order) BUT....if this was indeed a wise decision, then how can you fault us?

LOL. You sced? Oh ye of little faith....lol. Naw mane. Truth be told, if we did anything improper, then we will have to accept what ever comes. (Of course I'd like to think that we operated in good faith and order) BUT....if this was indeed a wise decision, then how can you fault us?
Scared? Of what? A Polecat? Naw man, we just have manners around these parts. You all haven't even wiped that Meac dirt off your feet yet and already trying to come at the King. But, I agree with your decision of cancelling the season. I believe that more schools will follow suit before it's all over.

Scared? Of what? A Polecat? Naw man, we just have manners around these parts. You all haven't even wiped that Meac dirt off your feet yet and already trying to come at the King. But, I agree with your decision of cancelling the season. I believe that more schools will follow suit before it's all over.
Please pardon David for slaying Goliath....but BCU will make no excuses for being who we are. We hunt kings, giants, etc...lol...wez county too. Oh, and did I tell you we dig ALL in the chip bag and don't wash our hands.....lol. Naw mane, we good peoples...

Yep about the schools.

Most HBCU have money troubles, but I am getting this suspicion that BCU is in more money trouble then we all think. IDC about their athletic budget idc about the governor giving public and private HBCUS money in FLA. If FAMU was outed for fudging their numbers, It would not be a far stretch for BCU to do it as well.

Most HBCU have money troubles, but I am getting this suspicion that BCU is in more money trouble then we all think. IDC about their athletic budget idc about the governor giving public and private HBCUS money in FLA. If FAMU was outed for fudging their numbers, It would not be a far stretch for BCU to do it as well.
Mane...we are digging our way out of possibly THE worst financial situation in the past 50 or so years. Forensic audits, FBI investigations (I believe)....how in da sam lleh can we get away with fudging numbuhs...smh.

Mane...we are digging our way out of possibly THE worst financial situation in the past 50 or so years. Forensic audits, FBI investigations (I believe)....how in da sam lleh can we get away with fudging numbuhs...smh.
...not to mention SAAC visits....We can't afford to fudge this up. We're trying to get on good footing...and guess what...its actually happening. Lleh COVID was probably a blessing in disguise...

...not to mention SAAC visits....We can't afford to fudge this up. We're trying to get on good footing...and guess what...its actually happening. Lleh COVID was probably a blessing in disguise...

A can guarantee you that SACS will be impressed with the move.....(and may have recommended it given the chance).

The Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference released its spring 2021 football schedule on Monday, a slate of games which reflect unique divisional scheduling due to some members opting out of playing in the spring because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The conference’s spring football regular season will kick off on Feb. 20, 2021 and will conclude on April 3. An inaugural championship game will take place on April 17, the winner advancing to the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) playoffs a week later.

With Bethune-Cookman and Florida A&M both meeting the conference’s Nov. 16 opt-out deadline to not compete in spring football, the field of teams playing football in the spring was narrowed to seven teams – Delaware State, Howard, Morgan State and Norfolk State, which will comprise the MEAC’s Northern Division, and North Carolina A&T State, North Carolina Central and South Carolina State, which will compete in the Southern Division.

Back