Mason, Culberson and Bell please own up to your mistakes..

Originally posted by "NOISE TALKA"
You are right about the salary MD. My uncle is an assistant coach (defensive) and he said taking the Head Coach job at a HBCU would be a pay cut.

I think MD was referring to the salary at JSU, not all HBCUs. Several HBCUs pay their coaches a comfortable salary.

Bell is just a sorry coach

Originally posted by Jag Voice
I think MD was referring to the salary at JSU, not all HBCUs. Several HBCUs pay their coaches a comfortable salary.

Bell is just a sorry coach

Well it is just amazing the 1-AA PWC's are better coached and their coaches make less than HBCU HC's.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Well it is just amazing the 1-AA PWC's are better coached and their coaches make less than HBCU HC's.

TP, you are missing the point. People should be paid for what they do and our top programs have to match salaries. We are talking about the best in BCF. We don't know if our coach will be successful in beating the better teams in the SWAC, but you can rest assure that money is not the problem. Most of the PWCs coaches are coaching average programs and you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a coach. What I am saying is you cannot expect your school to pay less money than most of the schools in the SWAC.

The better programs have to match up. You have enjoyed much success in the past.

Originally posted by MightyDog
Most of the PWCs coaches are coaching average programs and you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a coach.

Mighty Dog, I don't call Youngstown State an average program. Do you know that they paid Tressel less than what JSU offers?

So I dont' get your point. You don't ahve to play a lot for a good coach but you can get pimped for an average one. BCC's coach makes less than most...and he is winning. Hughes kicked all of your high priced coaches arse.

What I am saying is you cannot expect your school to pay less money than most of the schools in the SWAC.

Well who asked you to pay so much for those losers??

Your HC would at best be a coordinator or position coach making much less at a 1-AA PWC like A&T's coach.

JSU could have hired a better coach. Culberson took it upon himself to hire his buddy. This is not about money ... It is about one of Culberson's friend out of work and he hired him to fill Hughes shoes. We all know that there were better candidates for the HC position than Bell. Harold Jackson is a prime example, he would have been fine for the job. He is an alumni of JSU and knows the tradition of JSU football. Bell and Culberson doesn't give a damn about JSU and you know it as well I do. All the excuses are out the window for Bell and Culberson because we have one of the worst records since 1969. Bell doesn't deserve any chances because he had everything in place for him and he changed the program. He is arrogant and so full of himself that it is pathetic. I don't have any sympathy for him being stupid. HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COACH!

Originally posted by JSUII
JSU could have hired a better coach. Culberson took it upon himself to hire his buddy. This is not about money ... It is about one of Culberson's friend out of work and he hired him to fill Hughes shoes. We all know that there were better candidates for the HC position than Bell. Harold Jackson is a prime example, he would have been fine for the job. He is an alumni of JSU and knows the tradition of JSU football. Bell and Culberson doesn't give a damn about JSU and you know it as well I do. All the excuses are out the window for Bell and Culberson because we have one of the worst records since 1969. Bell doesn't deserve any chances because he had everything in place for him and he changed the program. He is arrogant and so full of himself that it is pathetic. I don't have any sympathy for him being stupid. HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COACH!

While JSU II was typing this I could picture her shaking her head and waving that hand. Now TP please note.

Have you been skipping Church?

While JSU II was typing this I could picture her shaking her head and waving that hand. Now TP please note.

Have you been skipping Church?

MD, JSUII is delusional. She thinks that Hughes would be better than 2-6. That is why she is saying those things about our beloved coach. She just does not realize that Bell has to de-c**n our players. Hughes was a c**n Programmer. That is why Bell can't teach Kent anything. Things will get better. We played less c**n-ball during the SU game. Bell just needs to keep working at it.

JSU could have hired a better coach. Culberson took it upon himself to hire his buddy.

Exactly Right!

Originally posted by JSUII This is not about money ... It is about one of Culberson's friend out of work and he hired him to fill Hughes shoes. We all know that there were better candidates for the HC position than Bell. Harold Jackson is a prime example, he would have been fine for the job. He is an alumni of JSU and knows the tradition of JSU football. Bell and Culberson doesn't give a damn about JSU and you know it as well I do. All the excuses are out the window for Bell and Culberson because we have one of the worst records since 1969. Bell doesn't deserve any chances because he had everything in place for him and he changed the program. He is arrogant and so full of himself that it is pathetic. I don't have any sympathy for him being stupid. HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COACH! [/B]

Wrong. I just can't buy this argument that Bell and Culberson are out to destroy JSU. What motive would they have for ruining their careers like that? Making a bad decision and just not caring are 2 seperate things. Also, Harold Jackson may be an alum, but what ties do he have to JSU now? I may be wrong, but this man hasn't been on campus much since he's graduated. Finally, Bell didn't have everything in place when he got here. For a supposed big-time program, it's amazing how many of the basic things we lacked as a program. This isn't about making excuses for Bell, because he certainly hasn't produced like he should. But let's not pretend we were the Miami Hurricanes before he got here.

JSU/99, when posting on the smack board, please try to remember what has been previously posted. It will take up too much of my time trying to explain all the things GR, Robber, TP and other Mafia memebers have said over the years.

Don't get upset us JSUII, she has always stated what is on her mind.

Out of all the things that have made sence in this thread, it loops back to the 1 deciding factor. BELL WAS GIVEN THIS JOB BY CULB ................... HIS BUDDY. It has nothing to do with HUGHES. It has everything to do with 1 dumbarse that f'ed up the search so that no other candidates with the credentials of a H. Jackson would apply.

Be real people ................... If this had been a fair and open search, JSU would have had applications comming in by the dozens and the pay would have been there to get them on board.

Face it, Bell was bout to be unemployed .........again. Nobody was beating his door down to hire him. Culb could have offered his buddy a Eddie/Rubies fish sandwich a day and 50k ........At that point he would have took it. :(

:topic:

Some people can't have a conversation with out being an ass. This topic started out on a good note. If you can't reply without being a SOB please leave.

Thanks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JSU/99 and Tigerpride,

All I am saying is that we have to be realistic. Bell is not a good coach. I never said that Hughes was a good coach but I have to admit that he had a winning record. I am not a Hughes fan now and I wasn't a Hughes fan when JSU hired him as HC. As for Harold Jackson and others that applied for the HC job after Hughes were more qualified than Bell. You have to look at Bell's overall performance as an assistant coach and also as a High School coach. His record speaks loud and clear. TP, I am not delusional, I am just realistic and I believe in speaking the truth.

MD, Hush up!

I never said that Hughes was a good coach but I have to admit that he had a winning record.

But you neglect to see that 90% of the teams that Hughes beat had losing records. That is why we fired him. Hughes never played a schedule as tough as this one.

Originally posted by jstate83

Face it, Bell was bout to be unemployed .........again. Nobody was beating his door down to hire him. Culb could have offered his buddy a Eddie/Rubies fish sandwich a day and 50k ........At that point he would have took it. :(

Sorry to bust your bubble '83, but Bell was offered the NC A&T head coach job. He turned it down because he knew he was guaranteed the job @ J-state. Nothing was said too much in the press because they wanted it on the hush hush! Afterwards, Smalls took it. I know that sounds shocking, but you'll learn a lot when you start to search hard for the facts, rather than just turning over bricks because you are angry! :cool:

Originally posted by coldsweat
Sorry to bust your bubble '83, but Bell was offered the NC A&T head coach job. He turned it down because he knew he was guaranteed the job @ J-state.

Exactly ....................TURNED IT DOWN BECAUSE OF A JSU GURANTEE.

Now ..............WHO COULD HAVE GAVE HIM THIS GURANTEE ........... And you only have 1 guess. This is what I mean about F'ing up the search. This was a done deal the day after HUGHES got his pink slip. :( The search was nothing more than a STACKED DECK for BELL. :(

Originally posted by coldsweat
but you'll learn a lot when you start to search hard for the facts, rather than just turning over bricks because you are angry! :cool:

Are you blind ............................ No anger, just a question. How many candidates was added, taken off, and then put back on a revised list of candidates during this "search". You needed a scorecard to figure out what was going on ............or have you forgot about all this. The sports reporters in Jackson started saying things like "JSU adds 30 candidates to the list --- we will let you know the changes tomorrow at 5".............look at the camera and go on to the next report. It was a joke.

No anger dude ................. I'm at every game, backing the players. Bell was Culbs choice, not JSU's choice.

Sorry to bust your bubble '83, but Bell was offered the NC A&T head coach job. He turned it down because he knew he was guaranteed the job @ J-state. Nothing was said too much in the press because they wanted it on the hush hush! Afterwards, Smalls took it. I know that sounds shocking, but you'll learn a lot when you start to search hard for the facts, rather than just turning over bricks because you are angry!

That is a lie. Whoever told you that has obviously told you wrong.

A&T never, and I mean never, offered Bell the head coaching job. I have talked to several people within our athletic department and they confirmed this. Bell may hav sent in his application to us but he was never offered the position.

BTW: Why do you think he would turn down a $107 salary at a school with excellent facilities and in a conference that competes in the 1-AA playoffs for a school like JSU that is only offerring $85k? I know Bell is dumb but he is not that dumb.

Please remember that this is the sports board and not the smack board. If you are gonna make a claim such as that you should at least try to support it with facts and proof.

Originally posted by bornthrilla
That is a lie. However told you that has obviously told you wrong.

A&T never, and I mean never, offered Bell the head coaching job. I have talked to several people within our athletic department and they confirmed this. Bell may hav sent in his application to us but he was never offered the position.

]

Ah ................ Well .......................ah COLDS ...............your up.:cool:

That is a lie. However told you that has obviously told you wrong.

BTW: Why would do you think he would turn down a $107 salary at a school with excellent facilities and in a conference that competes in the 1-AA playoffs for a school like JSU that is only offerring $85k. I know Bell is dumb but he is not that dumb.

Please remember that this is the sports board and not the smack board. If you are gonna make a claim such as that you should at least try to support it with facts and proof.

Well Thrilla, maybe you asked the wrong person...but :rolleyes:

Besides, I took a job in Philly over jobs that paid more money in lower cost of living areas. Why?? Well there were a lot of reasons but I could more potential for my future in the lower paying job. A&T is not known for football like JSU...A&T football is not traditionally on the level of JSU football. And all of the things that you have at A&T, JSU is getting them only bigger and better ones. I am just glad Bell did not accept the A&T job because then, we might have ended up with Small. ...then again, Culberson would not have hired a c**n.

I bet coldsweat will say that he has some "secret source" who's name he can't reveal at this time. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell was the person who started this lie just so the dumb fans at JSu would think he was a hot commodity all of the sudden. Sorry, but he was, and is, just a lousy 1-9 high school coach with no prior college head coaching experience.

A&T already knew it and now JSu is finding it out the hard way. Thank God for Small.

BTW: Why do you think he would turn down a $107 salary at a school with excellent facilities and in a conference that competes in the 1-AA playoffs for a school like JSU that is only offerring $85k? I know Bell is dumb but he is not that dumb.

"Stuck up" on our east coast selves ................. ain't ya.:cool:

pti......

I wouldn't be surprised if Bell was the person who started this lie just so the dumb fans at JSu would think he was a hot commodity all of the sudden.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

carry on....

I wonder where the mod is today. It took only a few minutes for me, (JSU), to get a smack warning yesterday.

Back