Lost approx 11 lbs in exactly 3 weeks (21 days)

I tried the whole fast-food thing, but when I found out my cholesterol was 220, I had to quit that. Plus, I was not gaining much weight at all. So now I am working out, drinking protein shakes and eating healthy.

To gain weight, you gonna have to eat a lot tho..and protein shakes may not be the answer. I think they only help you gain muscle. You can eat things that are not bad for you but the key is to pretty much stay full. Something like whole wheat bagels, with lite or fat free cream cheese, plenty of fruit, yogurt, etc...at thing you can keep handy even at work. For me to gain weight, I have to wake up eating and go to bed eating. :(

To gain weight, you gonna have to eat a lot tho..and protein shakes may not be the answer. I think they only help you gain muscle. You can eat things that are not bad for you but the key is to pretty much stay full. Something like whole wheat bagels, with lite or fat free cream cheese, plenty of fruit, yogurt, etc...at thing you can keep handy even at work. For me to gain weight, I have to wake up eating and go to bed eating. :(

I know how you feel, bro.

Make that 14lbs in approx 30 days (4 weeks and 2 days).

I cut out breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, et a while increasing raw veggie/fruit intake coupled w/ exercise and the sort of outside work that you sweat through 2-3 tee-shirts in one setting lol (helping others paint homes, clear off properties, etc).

From 257 to 243. My goal is 229-230, smartly, by Aug 3.

Make that 14lbs in approx 30 days (4 weeks and 2 days).

I cut out breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, et a while increasing raw veggie/fruit intake coupled w/ exercise and the sort of outside work that you sweat through 2-3 tee-shirts in one setting lol (helping others paint homes, clear off properties, etc).

From 257 to 243. My goal is 229-230, smartly, by Aug 3.

Panther, that's great. Keep up the good work brother. :tup:

Thx man, I'm trying. I'm fighting dana (DNA - thx Madea lol) every day. Diabetes, cholestorol issues, and hyptertension are abusingly rampant throughout both sides of the family. :(

Hey P, I am Madea from foxxy athlete to obese former athlete.:lol: Seriously take in a Gallon of Spring Water to that diet and you will see more of a lost, and quite that eating after 8:00pm :shame:eek:r earlier if you can.

Hey P, I am Madea from foxxy athlete to obese former athlete.:lol: Seriously take in a Gallon of Spring Water to that diet and you will see more of a lost, and quite that eating after 8:00pm :shame:eek:r earlier if you can.

This is exactly what I do (drink a TON of water). Also, I really do try not to eat after <b>7pm</b> nightly. Last night I was just starving since I hadn't eaten anything since 11ish am.

it is hard for me to not eat after 8, since I usually don't get settled to after 8...

I don't subscribe to the notion that not eating after a certain time is helpful. Each person is individual and what works for one may not for another. The key is eating a good balance of healthy foods throughout the day. If eating after a certain time works for you, go for it! Just make sure it is not fattening and high in calories.

I don't subscribe to the notion that not eating after a certain time is helpful. Each person is individual and what works for one may not for another. The key is eating a good balance of healthy foods throughout the day. If eating after a certain time works for you, go for it! Just make sure it is not fattening and high in calories.

:tup:

I also agree. Its all in what u eat..... those 6 meals a day is important in kick starting your metabolism. Eating once or 2x a day is only hurting....

My Current weight is 237 lbs. Most dont believe it though.... My Goal weight is 215 lbs. by the end of August. Im grinding.. and It aint easy because Ive been so lazy....

well...I made it to 198 :)....and went back to 194 within 5 days.... Sigh

~walks out~

Take this extra 20 mane. :emlaugh: I lost 13 total thusfar and am now @ a sticking point. I feel heavier and my arms are tigheting and I cannot stand that. I shouldn't be trying to grow muscle @ my age. I need skinny, 185ish 190ish. :lol:

According to the doctors, I probably need to lose about 10 lbs, but I'm not trying to lose shat, other than a few inches off my waist line. I just try to watch how I eat...that's the best way to lose and/or maintain. Exercising will tone me up...I'm about to start back shootin hoops, on the regular.

This is exactly what I do (drink a TON of water). Also, I really do try not to eat after <b>7pm</b> nightly. Last night I was just starving since I hadn't eaten anything since 11ish am.
I know the hell you were...I would have fallen out. I get the shakes and start to feel nauseous. :emlaugh:

is wheat bread a preventer of losing weight?

CEE DOG said:
Any type of bread breaks down into sweets from what I understand.

Panther88 said:
This was my understanding also. Hence my distancing myself from it for a while. It was hard lol. I could eat half a loaf by myself w/ a 6-7pc of fried chicken thighs/legs/peppers.

Give me the peanut butter and jelly w/out the bread.

Some 100% whole wheat breads are good for you. You have to look at the ingredients though. The key to look for are refined, enriched, or unbleached floor. Avoid anything with those ingredients. Most white breads include those ingredients, that's why they are considered bad for you. Those ingredients are also included in pastas, cereals, bagels, muffins, etc.

My wife switched our house to whole grain foods a few years ago. We only eat 100% whole grain breads and pastas. To be honest I can't really tell the difference. Even the brown rice taste pretty good.

Last edited:
I also agree. Its all in what u eat..... those 6 meals a day is important in kick starting your metabolism. Eating once or 2x a day is only hurting....

My Current weight is 237 lbs. Most dont believe it though.... My Goal weight is 215 lbs. by the end of August. Im grinding.. and It aint easy because Ive been so lazy....

Eating once or twice a day is the only way I can lose weight. That 6-8 times a day doesn't cut it for me. It just doesn't work. My body works differently.

I've been red meat-free for 6 months and decreased my beer in-take. 5-6 months ago, I was 179 pounds. Well, I weighed myself on my wedding night (the suite had a scale) just for the hell of it........I am now down to 166 pounds. :eek: :clap:

Mind you........I have not been exercising at all; all I did was cut back on the brewskis and cut out red meat. :nod: :tup:

man, what times do u guys go to the gym...Do you have more success with morning or night work outs

I've been red meat-free for 6 months and decreased my beer in-take. 5-6 months ago, I was 179 pounds. Well, I weighed myself on my wedding night (the suite had a scale) just for the hell of it........I am now down to 166 pounds. :eek: :clap:

Mind you........I have not been exercising at all; all I did was cut back on the brewskis and cut out red meat. :nod: :tup:

:tup: :tup: I limit my alcohol intake. I would rather eat my calories than drink them! :D

man, what times do u guys go to the gym...Do you have more success with morning or night work outs

Never did the a.m. thing other than 11am-1pm/1:30pm. I feel better if I workout throughout the day and then the evenings is spent sweating/working around the house, cars, et al things. THAT type schedule is when I lost the most weight and maintained. When I do the pm thing, like this evening, I tend to get hungry immediately afterwards and want to eat but I've trained myself to gulp down a yogurt and eons of water while calling it a night.

alright now! :tup: I can look at you and tell you've lost too. i've changed my eating habits drastically, i drink nothing but water and maybe green tea here and there, with work outs sprinkled in(not as much as i'd like to or should), and i'm down 13lbs since jan/february.

Back