Lost approx 11 lbs in exactly 3 weeks (21 days)

Panther88

Banned
3 weeks ago yesterday, went to see ol' "doc" lol and we both were shell-shocked @ how much weight I'd gained over the last 2 yrs w/out exercising @ all. 2 yrs ago, I was threatened by him and another orth-doctor that if I over-exerted any one of the 2 knees, I'd probably need the same type surgery Mak just endured (patellar tear & repair on both which are 1yr deals apiece :(). After the visit, he told me to return to the schedule I used to have as it kept my weight in check and so w/ that, I lost 11 lbs off the bat recently.

This is the regiment:

1. Lift weights (reps, not to build mass) 3-4 times weekly @ 1-1.5 hrs
2. Immediately play basketball after lifting; 1-1.5 hr only :( 3-4 times weekly
3. No breads, pastas, high-carbs, etc
4. Increased raw fruit/raw vegetable intake
5. I'd sworn off red meats so no change there
6. Stayed away from fried foods 101% excepting catfish. :emlaugh:
7. I'm not a sweets person so I haven't done anything outside of sweet potatoe pie lately lol
8. On my days of non-lifting, I've been doing quite a bit of "outside" strenuous physical labor (clearing lots, working around ranch/farms, on others homes, etc)

My goal is to lose 30lbs in a span of 3 mos before I return to see that dude.

Good luck to everyone as they find their formula for success regarding weight loss.

Good...shat :tup:

Its funny...cause I was reading down ya list and my workout is the COMPLETE opposite!

:lol:

~_________~

Good...shat :tup:

Its funny...cause I was reading down ya list and my workout is the COMPLETE opposite!

:lol:

~_________~

You're bulking I take it. :confused: Mine would've been somewhat opposite during my younger days when I was attempting to gain mass as well as weight.

It's a funny game w/ us menfolk. When we're younger, we want to be overly muscular. When we get older, it's in our best interest health wise to become skinny like we once were. lol

I have gained 30 pounds over the last 2 years or so, and I NEED to lose at least 20 of it. Your regimen may be a good start. I just have to find a way to control my appetite. I have the appetite of a 300 pounder, and soon, I'll have the body to match.

Yea...trynna get a lil bigger...lol

Not trynna get overly muscular. But Just big enuff to have that "DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN" effect :)

Bruh, if you woulda seen me from 2006 on back....you woulda that I had a female body.. :shame:

~_______~

Good luck w/ that sphi. I feel you.

Smoke, it's that game man. I think if you just get the arms big, nothing else should matter. :emlaugh: And the largest part of that is the tri. :read:

I don't want any largeness of anything anymore. I want my old 175lbs back. :emlaugh:

3 weeks ago yesterday, went to see ol' "doc" lol and we both were shell-shocked @ how much weight I'd gained over the last 2 yrs w/out exercising @ all. 2 yrs ago, I was threatened by him and another orth-doctor that if I over-exerted any one of the 2 knees, I'd probably need the same type surgery Mak just endured (patellar tear & repair on both which are 1yr deals apiece :(). After the visit, he told me to return to the schedule I used to have as it kept my weight in check and so w/ that, I lost 11 lbs off the bat recently.

This is the regiment:

7. I'm not a sweets person so I haven't done anything outside of sweet potatoe pie lately lol
8. On my days of non-lifting, I've been doing quite a bit of "outside" strenuous physical labor (clearing lots, working around ranch/farms, on others homes, etc)

Good luck to everyone as they find their formula for success regarding weight loss.

Good deal brother. :tup: :tup:

Any type of bread breaks down into sweets from what I understand.

This was my understanding also. Hence my distancing myself from it for a while. It was hard lol. I could eat half a loaf by myself w/ a 6-7pc of fried chicken thighs/legs/peppers. :emlaugh:

Give me the peanut butter and jelly w/out the bread.

My goal is to gain 25 pounds...yes, GAIN 25 pounds buy the end of the summer. I can't be 6-2, 160 now damn it. :lol:

I quit bread three days ago.. I been looking in walmart at the bread section like a crack fiend. good news. I dropped four pounds in week one.

I quit bread three days ago.. I been looking in walmart at the bread section like a crack fiend. good news. I dropped four pounds in week one.

I luv bread........I guess I'll it it try......starting next week.....

:lol: :lol:

Bruh, I feel you. Don't make no sense eating just meat and cheese. lol

Good way to drop lbs though.

:lol: :lol:

Bruh, I feel you. Don't make no sense eating just meat and cheese. lol

Good way to drop lbs though.

I been loading up my salads to be almost like three course meals. good thing is I already love salads and I quit fried food and red meat (except on occasions) over a year ago.

I been loading up my salads to be almost like three course meals. good thing is I already love salads and I quit fried food and red meat (except on occasions) over a year ago.

Man, quitting fried foods is tough, especially fried catfish. :lol:

I've cut down on my red meat... maybe eat it once a week now... no more than twice. It's helped quite a bit.

I've cut down on my red meat... maybe eat it once a week now... no more than twice. It's helped quite a bit.

You are so right about catfish...lol... I been grilling tilapia for a while now tho

This is the regiment:

That looks like a good plan or execution of a plan. I would like to get rid of 20 pounds by mid August.

Last edited:
Go for it man! What are you doing to get your weight up?

I tried the whole fast-food thing, but when I found out my cholesterol was 220, I had to quit that. Plus, I was not gaining much weight at all. So now I am working out, drinking protein shakes and eating healthy.

I tried the whole fast-food thing, but when I found out my cholesterol was 220, I had to quit that. Plus, I was not gaining much weight at all. So now I am working out, drinking protein shakes and eating healthy.

I feel you man. The fast food thing can really backfire when you're trying to gain. I'm not sure what's the best way to gain weight though. lol I think the protien shakes are doing great. Maybe cut down on cardio if you're doing a lot of cardio. :tup:

I feel you man. The fast food thing can really backfire when you're trying to gain. I'm not sure what's the best way to gain weight though. lol I think the protien shakes are doing great. Maybe cut down on cardio if you're doing a lot of cardio. :tup:

Yeah, I only do the treadmill thing for about 5 minutes just to get loose before I workout. I can't do like I did in college when I played baseball and run for an hour every day. I am drinking the protein shakes as well.

I don't have a hard time giving up fried foods. Honestly, unless I am in the 'Sip, I rarely eat it. I don't even know how to fry really. I fried fish like twice in my life. I have never fried chicken, pork chops, etc... Im small but when I do try to bulk up, I have to eat everything in front of me and work out like crazy. Only thing is, my stomach starts to get bigger too and I ain't having that so I start backin off the regime. :(

Back