Last Chance U on Netflix

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
https://t.co/kUWihfYSa2

DIAxlkKVYAEYMYu.jpg

Damn shame. The Wright kid was a powder-keg personality. His talent never outweighed his baggage.

Last edited:
I'm extra late to this series, watched the first episode last night, it is really sad the mental state these young men are in but they have talent smh

Did anyone see this about Ollie?

its sad. They look down on certain schools who offer but they are confirmed headcases and how are they enrolled in anyone's college is amazing.

its obvious the other coaches try to keep the confusion down by appeasing to the talent when the head coach wants to make a point but he bends also at the end weekly.

An Isaiah Wright could not go to Valley? They need to be around us more as you see the black coaches were the ones to bail them out all the time.

the academic adviser Brittany is a job hopper also.

The Coahoma episode is classic as reminds you when a small FCS plays an FBS.

Last Chance U is back for another season and this year, it's a whole new field - as the series moves to Independence, Kansas! After years of losing seasons, Coach Jason Brown and the Independence Pirates vie for a spot amongst the best in the Junior College Football ranks.

Screen_Shot_2018_06_19_at_8.12.25_AM.png

Brown is a better recruiter than he is a coach. This season wasn't very interesting.

According to him coaching is overrated lol. Hes a good coach he just need to focus on being head coach and hire an OC (which he did for next season). Definitely relatable to the kids. I've never heard anyone curse as much as he did lol..never lol

According to him coaching is overrated lol. Hes a good coach he just need to focus on being head coach and hire an OC (which he did for next season). Definitely relatable to the kids. I've never heard anyone curse as much as he did lol..never lol

LOL!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
OK, I'm extremely late to this conversation. Just finished binge watching all 3 seasons. And as many of you have expressed, it's extremely heartbreaking to watch and learn what some of these kids are going through. It's easy to be judgemental of these kids in hearing the things they say and watching the things that they do, but one can't ignore the environment in which many of these kids were reared - that I believe - is the reason why they have the NFL or bust mentality.

The two things that were consistent in all episodes - and I think it applies to a number of other student-athletes who were not featured on the show - is that many are woefully ill-prepared to do college-level work. As many of you have expressed, many of these kids are simply doing enough to stay eligible with the hope of trying to get signed by a D-1 institution.

Secondly, with the exception of a couple of athletes, the idea of trying to finish school with a degree was virtually non-existent. Even some of the parents/guardians of kids who appeared to be doing OK financially didn't seem to express the importance of their kids finishing school if things didn't work out with football. It looks like Ronald Ollie is finally coming around, thanks to the help of this trainer who encouraged him to go back to Nicholls and try to finish school in the event he can't go to the league.

Finally, I am a Dakota Allen fan. If I understood him correctly, he elected to stay in school another year at Texas Tech to get that paper before entering the draft.

If they stick with ICC next year for another season, we'll get to see if he lets the OC do their job. Brown pissed me off halfway thru the season with how he spoke to these athletes on and off the field. I know I woulnd't be able to take that kind of verbal abuse if I was one of his assistants. He did calm down just a bit as the season progress but he still has a mouth on him.

I'll be keeping a eye on ICC since I know one of the players that got dropped off there last week and will follow his progress. With Brown winning the conference and winning ICC's 1st ever bowl win, he can do no wrong.

Last Chance U's Isaiah Wright Has Murder Charge Dropped, Released After Plea

Isaiah Wright, a running back showcased on the Netflix documentary series "Last Chance U," will be released from prison after reaching a plea agreement to have a murder charge related in connection to the death of an 18-year-old man dropped.

TMZ Sports reported Wright pleaded guilty to one count of facilitation of aggravated robbery during a Wednesday court appearance. He was sentenced to time served, after remaining in prison since his arrest last year, and five years of probation.

Homicide case dismissed against 'Last Chance U' player; charges proceed for brother

A Blount County (Tenn.) judge has dismissed the homicide case against Camion Patrick, who played football at Indiana and East Mississippi Community College — the center of the hit Netflix series "Last Chance U."

According to The Daily Times (Maryville, Tenn.), Blount County Judge William R. Brewer in a Tuesday preliminary hearing ruled prosecutors failed to show probable cause that Patrick, 23, was involved in the July 25 stabbing death of Caleb Radford, 18

Back