Last Chance U on Netflix

I went to a
Late to the party on this show, enjoyed watching it but felt sorry for these players who think they were going to go on to these SEC schools and then the NFL. Surprised that the 3 Swac Mississippi schools don't have a pipeline into this school.

How is a school like this able to fund that football program?
The stadium, uniforms and everything else. They got more uniform and helmet combos than all the Swac schools and even the Meac schools.

I'll have to watch the 2nd season when it comes out.

I went to a bb game at Mississippi delta and was shocked at the arena...Coahoma is nice also. Valleys arena was to catch up to the JUCOs.

I dislike it. I don't like the DI/NFL or bust message ... there's more than one way to success.
Agreed, but for some of these kids, college wouldn't even be a consideration. I know that statistics are overwhelmingly against making it to the league, but if a kid gets a education in pursuit of that dream........

Agreed, but for some of these kids, college wouldn't even be a consideration. I know that statistics are overwhelmingly against making it to the league, but if a kid gets a education in pursuit of that dream........

But most are not really getting an education. Most of these teams push these guys (especially black guys) into ridiculous or the least lucrative majors (i.e. general education, criminal justice, etc), cheat for the players, and don't allow them time to properly flourish in their studies due to outrageous time demands. Yes, there are some players that receive a fair and solid education despite it all but I personally believe they're a minority and a rare breed.

But most are not really getting an education. Most of these teams push these guys (especially black guys) into ridiculous or the least lucrative majors (i.e. general education, criminal justice, etc), cheat for the players, and don't allow them time to properly flourish in their studies due to outrageous time demands. Yes, there are some players that receive a fair and solid education despite it all but I personally believe they're a minority and a rare breed.
If the game helps one brother out of one hundred get an education, success! I hear you and I don't disagree that the majority of these kids are going through the motions, doing just enough to stay eligible. Organized sports can be a vehicle to a place that is not professional athletics.

Last edited:
Watching it now....didn't know criminal justice was considered a least lucrative major...you sure can't tell from all the lawyers out there...

Started watching it last night. One thing for sure, the head coach has dialed it down a few notches from last year.

My late homeboy from Woodville grandson (Staggers) was on the '15 team, transferred to USM and is on the Biletnikoff list (Best CFB WR) this year.

Watching it now....didn't know criminal justice was considered a least lucrative major...you sure can't tell from all the lawyers out there...

Criminal justice majors usually end up being cops or COs. I worked with a few at TCCF and there are plenty of Valley and JSU alums with CJ degrees at Parchman

Man everybody cusses on this show...I watched the 1st two episodes of season one last night...Buddy!!!!!!???????

Keep watching.

Finished it last night. That last game Buddy just lost it the way he did his offensive coordinator. I guess I need to google who he brought in to replace both his OC, DC & the other offensive coach that left to go to Florida Atlantic.

Kam didn't deserve another shot at D1 the way he acts. Isiah's problem is he don't know when to shut his mouth.

Finished it last night. That last game Buddy just lost it the way he did his offensive coordinator. I guess I need to google who he brought in to replace both his OC, DC & the other offensive coach that left to go to Florida Atlantic.

Kam didn't deserve another shot at D1 the way he acts. Isiah's problem is he don't know when to shut his mouth.

He brought Collins back in. He was at JSU last year as the DB coach. He's now the DC..

Isiah has talent, but his mouth absolutely gets in the way.

Screw old Buddy.
Buddy doesn't seem to really care about of any his players. I understand most head coaches are not going to be "touchy-feely" with the players, but when Buddy engages the players it doesn't seem that he remotely cares about them. No father to son moments, more master to slave than anything. EMCC wins, but I wouldn't want my son playing for him.

Last edited:
Back