K-Ci tells his version of Life With Mary J Blige

CriTAUcal said:
You ain't lying!!! I still listen to My Life/Share My World CD.

Yep.

Shamocha: Im not trying to say there is a negative vs positive. I didnt look at her CDs as negative. Im just saying that people know what sells. She dropped her happy CD. it flopped. she went back to what sells.

da_caramel_diva said:
Yep.

Shamocha: Im not trying to say there is a negative vs positive. I didnt look at her CDs as negative. Im just saying that people know what sells. She dropped her happy CD. it flopped. she went back to what sells.

The cd flopped because of the way it SOUNDED...not because of the subject matter.

If the MUSIC on her first cds were laced with drama free lyrics...it STILL would've sold because it SOUNDED GOOD.

PRODUCTION is key....

What happy c.d.? anyways, Mary is still a great entertainer and people identify with her cuz she is real. She straight forward and people wish they could be like that. Even if she continues to make songs about K-Ci, its still gonna sell because of the realness she brings to the music. Hell, Aretha foretold us about Mary. Aretha made songs about getting her heart broken and now she's the queen of soul.

CriTAUcal said:
I know! K-Ci is making himself out to be a saint, and I ain't totally buying his story. I do believe there are some truths to what he's saying, because Mary has even admitted to a lot of that stuff (the drug/alcohol addiction/not having self-love, etc.) But he just making himself seem like he did no wrong, because he was supposedly honest about it all from the jump and that his sex was just the lick! Riiiiiiiiiiiiight! :rolleyes:
That's what I'm saying...

but also I can remember listening the an interview back in day on Radio Scope with Mary and she was going on on about K-Ci was a her man and she loved him. Then the interview guy in side note said K-Ci denied that they were even a couple.

I often wonder how she got so wrapped up in him, anyway...but hell, I guess I could ask myself that same question, about my ex-husband. :rolleyes: ya can't help who you fall in love with, I guess....:smh:

Shamocha said:
I think its the fact that her life story seems to revolve around K-Ci. Like he said she's made pretty much a whole album or 2 about him. How many songs do we hear about her husband? I'm glad that Mary has gotten married and is doing well but I doubt they would've been interviewing him about her if she hadn't brought it up yet again with a new video. Of course everyone is going to want to be painted in the best light ( i don't think he was crying over her in a limo). If she had really moved on I think she would be done with talking about it. We have heard about it for almost a decade...why bring it up again?

ITA. she needs to move one. you have a wonderful husband, why are you still trippin' over a cat that looks like a crackhead on his best day?

JSU'99 said:
ITA. she needs to move one. you have a wonderful husband, why are you still trippin' over a cat that looks like a crackhead on his best day?

kciandjojo_3.jpg

=

Ren_and_Stimpy.jpg

Back