Jukebox vs A & T

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING, IN 92 WE WERE BLOWIN,BUT OUR DANCE ROUTINES WERE ALRIGHT. WE RODE THE RABBIT ROUTINE FOR HALF OF THE SEASON. IT GOT SO BAD THAT EVERYONE WAS SAYING KILL THE RABBIT. WE KNOW THAT YOU'LL DON'T CONTROL OVER THAT ASPECT OF THE SHOW,BUT WHEN YOU TAKE THE FIELD YOU ARE TO LET IT ALL HANG OUT ON THE FIELD. WHEATHER YOU HAVE A FIRE DANCE ROUTINE OR NOT YOU DRIVE AND BLOW. THAT IS THE HUMAN JUKEBOX'S MOTTO. A LOT OF TIMES IN 92 WE WAX BANDS BEFORE THE DANCE ROUTINE BECAUSE WE WERE PRECISE BLOWIN AND DRIVING. THIS LED US PLAYING IN THE PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION,NCAA TOURNEY,AND THE PLAY OF THE DAY ON ESPN. WE AS OLD HEAD ARE NOT PUTTING DOWN THE NEW BAND. WE JUST WANT THEM TO KEEP TRADITION ALIVE. DRIVING AND BLOWIN. THIS IS WHAT THE HUMAN JUKEBOX IS ALL ABOUT.

Very well put, Skull!!
There are always gonna be better years than others and there are gonna be years that stick out more than others. But every year, should be about blowing and showing. Also sticking to what made the Human Jukebox, the "Human Jukebox" are a must. Not changing marching styles with all of those funny dips and turns before you get to the line. ( A move that is done to stand out and be noticed.) Someone need to find the BET version of the jstate and southern game and give it to the saxophone section leader. PLEASE teach them the way Southern saxophne players march with a horn. What I saw was horrible:bawling: . And blowing through entire songs, on and off the field.Especially on the field. (That's where you put it down) To us,(89-92) fifth quarter was about blowing of course, but repertoire. (Who would leave the stadium 1st) Every band can blow, standing straight up. Who can blow to all corners of the field. We used to call that "sound around."
But I enjoy the Jukebox each and every year and would never openly put them down infront of noone else. (Family business, stays in the family) But, we don't expect good from the Jukebox, We expect greatness.

Originally posted by jukebox89
Very well put, Skull!!
There are always gonna be better years than others and there are gonna be years that stick out more than others. But every year, should be about blowing and showing. Also sticking to what made the Human Jukebox, the "Human Jukebox" are a must. Not changing marching styles with all of those funny dips and turns before you get to the line. ( A move that is done to stand out and be noticed.) Someone need to find the BET version of the jstate and southern game and give it to the saxophone section leader. PLEASE teach them the way Southern saxophne players march with a horn. What I saw was horrible:bawling: . And blowing through entire songs, on and off the field.Especially on the field. (That's where you put it down) To us,(89-92) fifth quarter was about blowing of course, but repertoire. (Who would leave the stadium 1st) Every band can blow, standing straight up. Who can blow to all corners of the field. We used to call that "sound around."
But I enjoy the Jukebox each and every year and would never openly put them down infront of noone else. (Family business, stays in the family) But, we don't expect good from the Jukebox, We expect greatness.

I feel what u are saying, old skewl...

In defense of the current Jukebox, Doc has been the one to pull the plug on the band durning the 5Q. I agree though...I am highly critical of the Human Jukebox. However critical outsiders are, alumni members are 10 times harder on the band. I do it because I know how GOOD the band can be if they just get back to the basics. The only competition we should have should be our own legacy.

"The only competition we should have should be our own legacy."

Very well put!!! I agree 100%. Get back to the basics and that will be our only competition. Also, i did hear that Doc has pulled the plug on the band this year. He has those moments when he seems to hand-cuff the band. You know that the only person that can change Doc's mind is Doc. So hopefully, he gets over himself and let the guys handle their business

THAT CORRECT IN WHAT YOU SAY E. I WAS AT THE SU-ASU GAME SAT. THEY WERE BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING,SO THAT SOMETHING TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT. IF THEY GET DROVE THE RIGHT WAY THE NEXT 2 WEEKS THEY WILL BE WHERE THEY NEED TO BE FOR JSU. THE SCARY THING ABOUT THEM IS THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE. I HAVE SEEN FAMU,JSU,BCC,ASU,MILES,AND NONE OF THEM ARE BETTER THAN AN UNDERCLASSMEN JUKEBOX. IN THE STANDS LOL!!!!! THEY ARE A STAND BAND. ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS IS A BOOM FAN AND HE THOUGHT JSU HAD A CHANCE TO BLOW US OUT, BUT AFTER THE GAME THE ONLY THING HE COULD SAY IS THOSE DAM F-HORN AND BARITONES. THEY ARE THE TRUTH IN THE STANDS. IF THEY MATCH ON THE FIELD WHAT THEY DO IN THE STANDS THEY WILL BE ALRIGHT. THEY JUST NEED TO FIND THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL INSIDE THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE THAT SOMETHING THEY JUST HAVE TO USE IT. P.S. WHATS UP D-NICE 89 & JUKEBOX 89 & SWEET. I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS. GIVE ME A HOLLA!!!

GREYSKULL89 THAT CORRECT IN WHAT YOU SAY E. I WAS AT THE SU-ASU GAME SAT. THEY WERE BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING,SO THAT SOMETHING TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT. IF THEY GET DROVE THE RIGHT WAY THE NEXT 2 WEEKS THEY WILL BE WHERE THEY NEED TO BE FOR JSU. THE SCARY THING ABOUT THEM IS THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE. I HAVE SEEN FAMU,JSU,BCC,ASU,MILES,AND NONE OF THEM ARE BETTER THAN AN UNDERCLASSMEN JUKEBOX. IN THE STANDS LOL!!!!! THEY ARE A STAND BAND. ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS IS A BOOM FAN AND HE THOUGHT JSU HAD A CHANCE TO BLOW US OUT, BUT AFTER THE GAME THE ONLY THING HE COULD SAY IS THOSE DAM F-HORN AND BARITONES. THEY ARE THE TRUTH IN THE STANDS. IF THEY MATCH ON THE FIELD WHAT THEY DO IN THE STANDS THEY WILL BE ALRIGHT. THEY JUST NEED TO FIND THAT SOMETHING SPECIAL INSIDE THEMSELVES. THEY HAVE THAT SOMETHING THEY JUST HAVE TO USE IT. P.S. WHATS UP D-NICE 89 & JUKEBOX 89 & SWEET. I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS. GIVE ME A HOLLA!!!

What's up, Skull.. I got your back, Crab Brother!!

I rarely post here, but I have to commend this old school Jag for the way he expressed his thoughts. To be completely honest, I've been doing this kind of thing for a while now with my school. When a band/program begins to examine itself critically and works to improve, they get REALLY dangerous. I wouldn't want to see SU in the future.

For what it's worth, I am and always have been a big fan of SU.

John W. Hodge
The Voice of the BGMM
1985-1990
1993-2002

ONE THING ABOUT DOC IS THAT HE IS A SMART MAN. IF HE DOESN'T FEEL HE HAS THE BAND TO PROVE HIS POINT WITH HE WILL NOT DO IT. WITH A YOUNG BAND HE IS MORE PRONE TO BE CONSERVATIVE THAN WHAT HE IS USE TO. DUE TO AGE AND LACK OF MOTIVATION HE IS NOT AS AGGRESSIVE AS HE ONCE WAS. THIS GIVES EVERYONE ELSE A CHANCE ON THE FIELD AND IN THE STANDS. WE ALWAYS WILL BE SU, BUT AT WHAT PRICE!

Originally posted by GREYSKULL89
ONE THING ABOUT DOC IS THAT HE IS A SMART MAN. IF HE DOESN'T FEEL HE HAS THE BAND TO PROVE HIS POINT WITH HE WILL NOT DO IT. WITH A YOUNG BAND HE IS MORE PRONE TO BE CONSERVATIVE THAN WHAT HE IS USE TO. DUE TO AGE AND LACK OF MOTIVATION HE IS NOT AS AGGRESSIVE AS HE ONCE WAS. THIS GIVES EVERYONE ELSE A CHANCE ON THE FIELD AND IN THE STANDS. WE ALWAYS WILL BE SU, BUT AT WHAT PRICE!

Well I definitely agree that Doc is a smart and cunning man...lol That is true about him not being aggressive anymore. It's pretty much because most of his old running buddies(rival band directors) have either passed away or retired. He literally believes that he has nothing to prove to the bands today, which he doesn't. At the same time, I feel for the kids today that don't get to stick it to these lame SWAC bands like I know they can.

Originally posted by jukeboxmello97
Well I definitely agree that Doc is a smart and cunning man...lol That is true about him not being aggressive anymore. It's pretty much because most of his old running buddies(rival band directors) have either passed away or retired. He literally believes that he has nothing to prove to the bands today, which he doesn't. At the same time, I feel for the kids today that don't get to stick it to these lame SWAC bands like I know they can.

That is so true....We just caught the beginning of it.......
After 97, the only band(s) DOC would let us rip was FAMU and JSU.. Other than them DOC didn't give a fug what the other band was doing across the field...

Bands are getting better every year. Doc should start recruiting. Now, all my Jukebox brothers, don't go crazy because I said the "R" word. Most bands do not know that Southern University doesn't recruit band members. Doc philosophy has always been that "the band recruits itself." Can you imagine the Jukebox with 200 members.:eek2: (Like in 85 and 86.) Doc actually putting 160 on the field. (24 will always be drummers.)
124 can only hold up so long. Southern University is the largest black university in the world. Surely, we can get more than 140 people in the band. I look at the Jackson States, Alcorns, and Tx Southern. If they can get 200, the Jukebox should have 250 to 300 easily.
Now, Doc will never put 200 people on the field again, but that will make the product on the field alot better, because you have to challenge for the 160 spots on the field. ( I'll bet you that those brothers blow and drive during an entire show, then.) That is how you get better quality on the field. You increase the intensity in practice.( That was how every practice was in 89.) You were scared to get caught not blowing on the field or mess. If you got snatched off that field, L you may not get back on the field. Brothers would stay in those practice rooms trying to get better to earn a spot.
We would watch the tape of the performance on monday, looking for ways to get better. (Can we hear ourselves while our backs are turned. Is every one driving through the entire show?) Mistakes, Roy would stand up the in front of the band and say, " It 's not your fault that you messed up. It is my fault. I am not practicing you guys enough." You knew then, you had a long week ahead of you.
:bawling:

Again, I love the Jukebox this year. The Drum Major is off the chain. One of the best I have seen. ( Looks like Celestine, when he comes down the field) Baritones, F-Horns and Tubas, those cats need to retire their horns, because they have blown all of the notes out of them. :eek2: They are bring natural smoke.

Originally posted by jukebox89
Bands are getting better every year. Doc should start recruiting. Now, all my Jukebox brothers, don't go crazy because I said the "R" word. Most bands do not know that Southern University doesn't recruit band members. Doc philosophy has always been that "the band recruits itself." Can you imagine the Jukebox with 200 members.:eek2: (Like in 85 and 86.) Doc actually putting 160 on the field. (24 will always be drummers.)
124 can only hold up so long. Southern University is the largest black university in the world. Surely, we can get more than 140 people in the band. I look at the Jackson States, Alcorns, and Tx Southern. If they can get 200, the Jukebox should have 250 to 300 easily.
Now, Doc will never put 200 people on the field again, but that will make the product on the field alot better, because you have to challenge for the 160 spots on the field. ( I'll bet you that those brothers blow and drive during an entire show, then.) That is how you get better quality on the field. You increase the intensity in practice.( That was how every practice was in 89.) You were scared to get caught not blowing on the field or mess. If you got snatched off that field, L you may not get back on the field. Brothers would stay in those practice rooms trying to get better to earn a spot.
We would watch the tape of the performance on monday, looking for ways to get better. (Can we hear ourselves while our backs are turned. Is every one driving through the entire show?) Mistakes, Roy would stand up the in front of the band and say, " It 's not your fault that you messed up. It is my fault. I am not practicing you guys enough." You knew then, you had a long week ahead of you.
:bawling:

Again, I love the Jukebox this year. The Drum Major is off the chain. One of the best I have seen. ( Looks like Celestine, when he comes down the field) Baritones, F-Horns and Tubas, those cats need to retire their horns, because they have blown all of the notes out of them. :eek2: They are bring natural smoke.

You made some good points, but DOC don't have to recruit, he can have 250 easy every year, he put nigs out regularly..... He has atleast two bands walking aroud campus every year, and atleast 80+ that would like to march again... they are about 150+ this year though....Trust me in 96 we had 170+, 95 and 97 as well, and we still had a good 60+ plus cats we knew was walking around campus that DOC JUST zipped....

I AGREE WITH ALL POINTS SAID, BUT WE HAVE TO MOVE IN INTO THE 21CENTURY AND RECRUIT. I KNOW THAT IT IS A HARD THING TO LIVE WITH, BUT IT IS HOW TO STAY ON TOP. JSU,FAMU,& TSU ARE ALL GETTING BIGGER. THIS HELPS TO NARROW THE GAP BETWEEN US AND THEM. THEN WE KNOW THE BLACK MAN IS GOING TO ZIP SOMEONE SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO GIVE THEM A JACKET AFTER THEIR LAST RIP. THIS EFFECTS THE BAND IN A BAD WAY, BUT THAT IS OUR TRADITION.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
That is so true....We just caught the beginning of it.......
After 97, the only band(s) DOC would let us rip was FAMU and JSU.. Other than them DOC didn't give a fug what the other band was doing across the field...

(sigh)....and why is it that games with those two are the ones that I can recall most vividly?? SU/JSU '97 was a beautiful thing...lol. That was the first time the upperclassmen showed me that they were human and they actually started to accept the crabs. And FAMU '99...awww man...that was the ONLY time...I repeat...ONLY time I have ever seen Mr. Knighten get hyped about anything. That was a special night even though the football team got creamed. You're right...those are the only bands Doc will get up for.

As for recruiting...I have mixed feelings about that. Jared is right...we wouldn't even have to recruit if Doc wasn't so zip-happy. I remember '95 Juke telling us all the time how they had around 250 members when they put the upperclassmen and crabs together...that is until Doc let 'er rip...or zip...lol. The band still ended up with 170+. '96 and '97 were the same way. We didn't have 250 to begin with in either of those years, but it was close to 200 in both years. '97 is the last year I remember CHALLENGES....and I don't mean like just one. I remember the day I challenged to get on the field. They had like 10 other challenges that day. That kind of competition is gone because pretty much everyone gets to be on the field at one point or another with 150 members jukebox89 is right as well though...Doc will NEVER put 160 on the field again.

Recruiting would create a "different" kind of band, and I don't think it will be better. Just think how some crabs are NOW. I think they would get that "Drumline" mentality, and that just isn't compatible with anything the Human Jukebox does. People like that are weeded out quickly in our band, and if recruiting brings a lot of people like that, then we are back to square one.

Originally posted by jukeboxmello97
(sigh)....and why is it that games with those two are the ones that I can recall most vividly?? SU/JSU '97 was a beautiful thing...lol. That was the first time the upperclassmen showed me that they were human and they actually started to accept the crabs. And FAMU '99...awww man...that was the ONLY time...I repeat...ONLY time I have ever seen Mr. Knighten get hyped about anything. That was a special night even though the football team got creamed. You're right...those are the only bands Doc will get up for.

As for recruiting...I have mixed feelings about that. Jared is right...we wouldn't even have to recruit if Doc wasn't so zip-happy. I remember '95 Juke telling us all the time how they had around 250 members when they put the upperclassmen and crabs together...that is until Doc let 'er rip...or zip...lol. The band still ended up with 170+. '96 and '97 were the same way. We didn't have 250 to begin with in either of those years, but it was close to 200 in both years. '97 is the last year I remember CHALLENGES....and I don't mean like just one. I remember the day I challenged to get on the field. They had like 10 other challenges that day. That kind of competition is gone because pretty much everyone gets to be on the field at one point or another with 150 members jukebox89 is right as well though...Doc will NEVER put 160 on the field again.

Recruiting would create a "different" kind of band, and I don't think it will be better. Just think how some crabs are NOW. I think they would get that "Drumline" mentality, and that just isn't compatible with anything the Human Jukebox does. People like that are weeded out quickly in our band, and if recruiting brings a lot of people like that, then we are back to square one.

True that.....The bottom line is DOC don't want more than 150...That's too much money for "HIM" to spend...that's what it all boils down to.....The dayum budget....He knows what he is doing....Mello is right recruiting will bring a different vibe to the band.....I know the juke has changed in many way since past years....But the overall atitude of the band is pretty much the same...people are there because it's their DREAM, not because someone convenced them to go...

Since I been at SU, I never heard NO ONE say...."Man he came to my school begging me to come to SU"....OR "I knew I shouldn't have come here" You will never hear that at SU....

That's the number one reason why the respect is SOOO high for you older cats, and now mine and Mello generation, because the people are there because of what we did.....

I'll say again, DOC has awesome players walking around that campus that he but out for the DUMBEST reasons.....

You'll get zipped if you had to go home for the spring because of funds and attend a school just for that semester in your home town.....

You'll get zipped for having to go home to work and make extra money to come back to school...

You'll get get zipped if DOC just decides he don't like you.....

It's several BS reason you can get zipped......

You'll get zipped if on a trip you don't eat the way DOC wants you to eat...(too little or too much)..

You'll get zipped because of your hair

You can get zipped because of facial hair, if DOC don't like it...

You'll get zipped if DOC ever catch you anywhere with an ear ring...

Most of that stuff is really based off if DOC likes you or not....

I was fortunate enough to get my jacket.....

I don't think he needs to recruit...

He!! this past summer he turn alot of people around that ended up marching for TxSU, because he wanted to switch them off of their primary instrument to play another instrument.....And this was before hearing them play!!!!!!

A good bit of them ended up at TxSU this year.... My lil cousin from Houston is one of them....

Why recruit when people come from all over the region to audition for DOC, for him to turn them around....?

Doc knows he don't want a band that big, if he do...He can make a few calls and have a 250 piece band right now!!!! And I'll bet they all show up for 4 to 5.....

TRUE THAT TO WHAT YOU SAY SUTRP96 & MELLO. IN 89 WE STARTED WITH 200+ BUT ABOUT SEVENTY PEOPLE COUNDN'T GET IN SCHOOL. IF YOU LIKED HOW WE BLEW SKIN IN 89 YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD IT WHEN EVERYONE WAS THERE LOL!!!!!!:eek2: I AM NOT A FAN OF RECRUITING, BUT DOC HAS TO CHANGE HIS WAY OF THINKING. WHEATHER ITS THE ZIPPING(NOT A FAN OF) OR TURNING AWAY NEW STUDENTS, SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE. THE FIRST GIRL CAME WITH US, BUT SHE WAS HARDER THAN ANYONE WHO HAS COME IN THE LAST 13 YEARS. SHE WAS A HARD PILL TO SWOLLOW, BUT CHANGE HAD TO BE MADE. SOON AFTER WE ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT SHE WAS THE FIRST GIRL AND THAT SHE WAS COOL. BIG UPS TO ANGELA FOR STICKING IT OUT BECAUSE THAT WAS THE LAST YEAR THE #### WAS REAL AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. ***** ######.AFTER THAT THINGS STARTED TO CHANGE. BEFORE 90 WHO KNEW WHAT GETTING OF THE FIELD BEFORE 10:00 WAS ABOUT. THE REASON I AM SAYING ALL OF THIS IS THAT EVERYTHING MOST CHANGE IN ORDER TO KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES. IT TOOK ME A MINUTE TO GET ADJUSTED TO THE NEW JUKEBOX, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES. I ALONG WITH JUKE89 KNOW WHAT WE ARE ABOUT BECAUSE WE BEEN AROUND THE BAND FOR QUITE SOMETIME AND WE BOTH HAVE JACKETS TO PROVE THAT. IT JUST DOC HAS TO MAKE SOME MOVE TO INSURE THAT THE JUKEBOX STAYS ON TOP. REMEBER THIS IS JUST AN OPINION.

TRUE THAT TO WHAT YOU SAY SUTRP96 & MELLO. IN 89 WE STARTED WITH 200+ BUT ABOUT SEVENTY PEOPLE COUNDN'T GET IN SCHOOL. IF YOU LIKED HOW WE BLEW SKIN IN 89 YOU SHOULD HAVE HEARD IT WHEN EVERYONE WAS THERE LOL!!!!!!:eek2: I AM NOT A FAN OF RECRUITING, BUT DOC HAS TO CHANGE HIS WAY OF THINKING. WHEATHER ITS THE ZIPPING(NOT A FAN OF) OR TURNING AWAY NEW STUDENTS, SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE. THE FIRST GIRL CAME WITH US, BUT SHE WAS HARDER THAN ANYONE WHO HAS COME IN THE LAST 13 YEARS. SHE WAS A HARD PILL TO SWOLLOW, BUT CHANGE HAD TO BE MADE. SOON AFTER WE ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT SHE WAS THE FIRST GIRL AND THAT SHE WAS COOL. BIG UPS TO ANGELA FOR STICKING IT OUT BECAUSE THAT WAS THE LAST YEAR THE #### WAS REAL AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. ***** ######.AFTER THAT THINGS STARTED TO CHANGE. BEFORE 90 WHO KNEW WHAT GETTING OF THE FIELD BEFORE 10:00 WAS ABOUT. THE REASON I AM SAYING ALL OF THIS IS THAT EVERYTHING MOST CHANGE IN ORDER TO KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES. IT TOOK ME A MINUTE TO GET ADJUSTED TO THE NEW JUKEBOX, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE WITH THE TIMES. I ALONG WITH JUKE89 KNOW WHAT WE ARE ABOUT BECAUSE WE BEEN AROUND THE BAND FOR QUITE SOMETIME AND WE BOTH HAVE JACKETS TO PROVE THAT. IT JUST DOC HAS TO MAKE SOME MOVE TO INSURE THAT THE JUKEBOX STAYS ON TOP. REMEBER THIS IS JUST AN OPINION.

You are right he do.He need to let it go... Since DOC took sick my crab year in 96 it was the end of the year....Because in 96 we were getting out of practice 12:00 am....

97 come along practice starts to get shorter.....He said it was because the crabs are getting smarter and smarter each year, and we don't need to stay out that long any more...lol yeah right!!!
I was because he had to go, and take his medicine, but he won't say it.... DOC is basically making the band fit around is schedule at all cost......

This even includes staying after the game...96 we use to stay a good 7 to 8 songs in the 5th....He wasn't thinking about leaving..

But since he got sick you notice he is a hurry to leave... With DOC being sick with Colon and Prostate Cancer..He really can't sit at a game the full lenght of a game, so you know he ain't trying to stay a 5th anymore....In a nut shell his health has out grown 5th quarters...Who do you think is the one spear heading 3 songs and out, and now 2 songs and out..... We all know DOC will do what he want....If it just so happen he is feeling good a particular game he'll stay maybe 4 songs...

DOC is holding it back....

Originally posted by SUtrp96

You'll get zipped if on a trip you don't eat the way DOC wants you to eat...(too little or too much)..
:smh:....I wouldn't believe it, if I hadn't seen it myself. Now, that was crazy....:lol:

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. HE IS NOT THE MAN HE ONCE WAS. HE TOOK GREAT PRIDE IN TELLING SOMEONE "KEEP WALKING CHICKEN WITH YOUR ***** PICKED CLEAN." THE FIRE IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. THE OTHER BANDS SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THE OLD BOY IS STARTING TO FILL HIS AGE. ONE THING THAT I ADMIRED ABOUT FOSTER AT FAMU IS THAT HE KNEW THAT HE COULDN'T DO THE JOB BY HIMSELF THE LAST YEARS HE WAS THERE. HE LET DR.WHITE DO THE JOB. THIS LED TO A SMOOTH PASSING OF THE TOUCH TO WHITE. THAT IS WHAT DOC NEEDS TO DO WITH MR.J OR KNIGHTON. BOTH WOULD A GREAT JOB IF GIVEN A CHANCE. THIS WAY BANDS WOULD REALLY KNOW WHAT THE JUKEBOX HAS. IF YOU WAX US THEN YOU DESERVE ALL THE PRAISE AND SHOULD BE CALLED THE BEST BAND IN THE LAND. TO ALL OF THE OTHER BANDS THAT TAKES A WEAK W BY SAYING WE PLAYED MORE THAN YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT IS BEING SAID. IS THAT HOW YOU WANT THE PRAISE, OR DO YOU WANT TO TAKE IT AND GET THE TRUE GLORY.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. HE IS NOT THE MAN HE ONCE WAS. HE TOOK GREAT PRIDE IN TELLING SOMEONE "KEEP WALKING CHICKEN WITH YOUR ***** PICKED CLEAN." THE FIRE IS NOT THERE ANYMORE. THE OTHER BANDS SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THE OLD BOY IS STARTING TO FILL HIS AGE. ONE THING THAT I ADMIRED ABOUT FOSTER AT FAMU IS THAT HE KNEW THAT HE COULDN'T DO THE JOB BY HIMSELF THE LAST YEARS HE WAS THERE. HE LET DR.WHITE DO THE JOB. THIS LED TO A SMOOTH PASSING OF THE TOUCH TO WHITE. THAT IS WHAT DOC NEEDS TO DO WITH MR.J OR KNIGHTON. BOTH WOULD A GREAT JOB IF GIVEN A CHANCE. THIS WAY BANDS WOULD REALLY KNOW WHAT THE JUKEBOX HAS. IF YOU WAX US THEN YOU DESERVE ALL THE PRAISE AND SHOULD BE CALLED THE BEST BAND IN THE LAND. TO ALL OF THE OTHER BANDS THAT TAKES A WEAK W BY SAYING WE PLAYED MORE THAN YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT IS BEING SAID. IS THAT HOW YOU WANT THE PRAISE, OR DO YOU WANT TO TAKE IT AND GET THE TRUE GLORY.

It couldn't have been said better....That pretty much sums it up...

These bands are pleased with so-called taking charity "W's" just because they played more than SU.....lol When deep in their hearts they be wondering if they soud as good as what is coming across the field.......

Back