JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

They were ok. But I expected much more. They didn't sound as good as I thought they would and they only really played maybe 2 songs that flexed thier skills. I don't know that they're supposed to be, but they weren't that the day we played them.

Re: Re: Re: JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

Originally posted by Bengal E
Ahhh ya'll was aight now.....nothing special, nothing to write home about. :lmao: :lmao:

SLT,

They'll never believe it!!! The world was just invented in 1990 :rolleyes:

Considering that in 1979 you were 15, your opinion is definitely suspect, junior. .:eek:

Originally posted by jaydog
I don't think they had any problems dealing with USM's woodwinds or brass last August. USM's fans were applauding the marches and piccolo solos like they had never even heard woodwind before.

Don't make too much of it. USM has a very fine music program. The people there appreciate good musicianship. From what I am told, they weren't awed but they were impressed. Commendations all around.

Oh, I know USM has a fine music program. I'm from the South-Mississippi area. I was offered a scholarship to USM, but obviously didn't accept. They also have very good musicians, but did a poor job of showcasing them last August and usually do in their overall marching band program. I've been to quite a few USM football games and they have never been just dynamic as far as the marching band goes, even with their own style. They just don't focus on it very much. Not that that's bad, they just don't. And I know USM folks were impressed, I never said awed. Most of them thought all the Boom was going to do was dance and play loud pop tunes. Surprise!!:cool: My own father is a band director and we saw a lot of his peers from the area during and after the game and they were more than a little impressed. More like shocked. :D And I was there amongst the people, & saw and heard firsthand.

Back