JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

t-bonenupe

When I was in the Boom, the woodwind section as a whole was nothing to write home about. The saxaphones were good but the piccs and clarinets were okay. The woodwinds at JSU has taken it up so many steps. Those piccs at JSU are on something different. Those ladies can play their ***** off. What are they taking?

Originally posted by tbonenupe
When I was in the Boom, the woodwind section as a whole was nothing to write home about. The saxaphones were good but the piccs and clarinets were okay. The woodwinds at JSU has taken it up so many steps. Those piccs at JSU are on something different. Those ladies can play their ***** off. What are they taking?
:rolleyes:

:confused:

Ya know, I hope it doesn't rain in Jackson this year. Because, we all know, without "10,000 Jiggawatts of Pure Wind", the Boom has no chance against SU.

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
Ya know, I hope it doesn't rain in Jackson this year. Because, we all know, without "10,000 Jiggawatts of Pure Wind", the Boom has no chance against SU.

uhhh, 01 it happened so think of another LIE.

Originally posted by 1995mobb
uhhh, 01 it happened so think of another LIE.

You a lie, ain't isht happened..JSU was straight, but SU clearly had the more TRAINED sound...It sounded like JSU was still working out a few kinks here and there.....It's hard to get SU, it's even harder on a raining day...

As if someone from the U would admit any defeat. The most you will get is "JSU was straight, but....". That's about as close as your going to get. I don't remember hearing too many people say "JSU was straight, but....." immediately after that game. It's a whole lot of revisionist history going on round here. Truthfully, it was about an even match. Both sides had major heat that day. Neither side will admit anything. Oh well, a new year is starting and at least it will be a new argument.:cool:

Originally posted by jaydog
As if someone from the U would admit any defeat. The most you will get is "JSU was straight, but....". That's about as close as your going to get. I don't remember hearing too many people say "JSU was straight, but....." immediately after that game. It's a whole lot of revisionist history going on round here. Truthfully, it was about an even match. Both sides had major heat that day. Neither side will admit anything. Oh well, a new year is starting and at least it will be a new argument.:cool:

Gerard Howard (m'sport)admitted SU waxed JSU...in 95. He said the only thing he could give JSU (his band) was the fact that they didn't give up...

It wasn't no dayum even match, SU got in that arse...case closed.

As if someone from the U would admit any defeat. The most you will get is "JSU was straight, but....".
Well, whenever you and the Boom are ready to get past that point.....then, the story will change.

The "U" has been there for years.

We're waiting, dammit!

:)

Uuuuh, SUtrp96, I though we were talking about 2001. That's the year I was talking about and saying was even. Nowhere did I even mention 1995. So uuuuuh I don't even know what you are talking about. So uuuuuuuh I guess the case ain't closed, bruh. Who are you anyway - Judge Judy or Judge Mathis or somebody? But what, should I congratulate you for finding someone to admit that you got the Boom in '95 or some other year. I'm talking in general, neither side will admit anything. I've heard some of you own oldheads say the Boom got you in 2000 & 2001 (before 2002 was ever played), but I do know the majority of SU oldheads, like yourself, will never admit anything. Chill out dog, it ain't that serious. You're entitled to your "opinion" as I am mine. I see why we black men have so much high blood pressure.

O'Bladerunner, you are the perfect example of what I'm talking about. You will hold up for the U no matter :p. That's cool because I think both sides are guilty of that.:D

I don't know when you were in the Boom, but from 1979 to 1983, groove tubes and silver streaks had it going on...

Re: Re: JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

Originally posted by vertojsu
I don't know when you were in the Boom, but from 1979 to 1983, groove tubes and silver streaks had it going on...

They don't nothing about that 'old school' vertojsu. If you didn't blow, you sat in stands with the rest of the fans.

Boom 1981-1984

You better ask somebody! :cool:

Re: Re: Re: JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

Originally posted by ShyLadyTiger
They don't nothing about that 'old school' vertojsu. If you didn't blow, you sat in stands with the rest of the fans.

Boom 1981-1984

You better ask somebody! :cool:

They won't ask. It would be much too personal and they ain't ready to get personal.

:D :D :D

I thought I had heard all of the adjectives used to describe a band's sound.....

But I stand corrected..... I have learned that when the Boom sounds 'alright' (when spoken by a Juker), the Jukers counter the 'alright' with a 'trained'......

I guess if the 'alright' is a 10 of Clubs, then the 'trained' is the Ace, huh?

:dude:

Re: Re: Re: Re: JSU Woodwinds Especially the Piccs

Originally posted by dacontinent
They won't ask. It would be much too personal and they ain't ready to get personal.

:D :D :D

They might not want to ask, but they have seen the tapes and HEARD about it. :shh: ;)

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
I thought I had heard all of the adjectives used to describe a band's sound.....

But I stand corrected..... I have learned that when the Boom sounds 'alright' (when spoken by a Juker), the Jukers counter the 'alright' with a 'trained'......

I guess if the 'alright' is a 10 of Clubs, then the 'trained' is the Ace, huh?

:dude:

YEAH.......The sound has to sound like it is TOTALLY meant to sound that way.....

That's a trained sound.. FAMU has a trained sound...JSU usually does to, but that day from what I heard and reviewed on tape it wasn't.... Not a bad sound, in fact a good sound but not trained...

;)

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Gerard Howard (m'sport)admitted SU waxed JSU...in 95. He said the only thing he could give JSU (his band) was the fact that they didn't give up...

It wasn't no dayum even match, SU got in that arse...case closed.

Are you kidding? Gerard is one of those people like Dewayne that always thinks he didn't do as good as he think he should have, unless he feel like he need to defend himself.

I have to be honest. Overall I don't think overall the woodwinds are as good as they could be. But no one else's is pushing them to be as good as they can be because most other schools woodwinds are kinda garbage.

Originally posted by FunkyTone_98_2
I have to be honest. Overall I don't think overall the woodwinds are as good as they could be. But no one else's is pushing them to be as good as they can be because most other schools woodwinds are kinda garbage.

...then somebody better start!

Have you heard the folks playing at Ole Miss, Miss State, and USM? Because of some connections, I have heard them and they can bring it.

I don't think they had any problems dealing with USM's woodwinds or brass last August. USM's fans were applauding the marches and piccolo solos like they had never even heard woodwind before.

Originally posted by vertojsu

Ahhh ya'll was aight now.....nothing special, nothing to write home about. :lmao: :lmao:

SLT,

They'll never believe it!!! The world was just invented in 1990 :rolleyes:

I don't think they had any problems dealing with USM's woodwinds or brass last August. USM's fans were applauding the marches and piccolo solos like they had never even heard woodwind before.

I'm sorry but USM was overall overrated. They were nowhere near as good as I thought they'd be.

Don't make too much of it. USM has a very fine music program. The people there appreciate good musicianship. From what I am told, they weren't awed but they were impressed.

Back