JSU Students Ticketed, Cars Towed, For Illegal Parking

Exactly!! We are breeding a whole generation of "Titty Babies". I had to hear stories from my dad about fighting off grizzly bears and wolves with his loose leaf binder, geometry compass and number 2 pencil through 6 miles of snow just to walk to school everyday. lol

These kids mad cuz they gotta walk over 50 ft to class and they get bent out of shape when the professor asks them to cut their cell phones off during a lecture.

A nation of Titty Babies is what we are raising!

Cosign!!!

These students have selective memory. JPD has been ticketing on the main streets for years. I remember a time when you couldn't pay anybody to park in front of Dixon for an extended period of time. It is now the norm to park there and other places as well.

JSU has a shuttle system (it doesn't really work). I used to ride the shuttle (well try to).. I would park in the back lot by terry road and wait 5-6 minutes for a shuttle. I would ride the shuttle to the main part of campus. Sometimes I got edgy and decided to walk instead. It ain't that big of a deal.

These new fangled students whine too much. You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs. JSU will not always be under construction. JSU will be under construction throughout the matriculation of most of the current undergraduates.
I cant believe that they are b!tching about getting towed. They were toving cars from JSU 15 years ago. This aint nothing new.

These cats were parked in front of Dixon Hall and University Park and there were no parking signs all over.You have never been able to park in these locations as it affects traffic. These cats complaining. I've driven around campus and they have more parking spaces than we had. Also they can park at E city and ride the shuttle to campus. Plan for it or move on campus.

You people who call the students whiners are probably those same people who said they had to walk five miles in the snow to and from school. The parking is horrible due to the construction of buildings and the pedestrian parkway. There really is no where on campus to park, and the shuttle bus is a joke. You'll be late for class riding the shuttle than walking across campus.
Mason said there was going to be a parking garage on campus soon, but that won't happen any time this decade. Now there is talk about have a stadium near campus. That will really cause a headache with parking. I don't think students are whining, they just want to get what they are paying for and you can't blame them for that "Old Timers."

Dude I think they were just stating the facts. In order to get progress you have to go through a little. So if it causes you to have to find parking in another location for JSU to continue to grow then so be it. SAme thing happens at every University when construction is going on. When they began work on the dining hall at Alcorn the loop was closed off. So that means no driving or parking near the student union, library, or current cafe. They won't last always.
Also if a lot of those students that are getting towed are on-campus students then they should parking in a legit location and keep it there for the week. Walk to class whenever the weather permits.

Dude I think they were just stating the facts. In order to get progress you have to go through a little. So if it causes you to have to find parking in another location for JSU to continue to grow then so be it. SAme thing happens at every University when construction is going on. When they began work on the dining hall at Alcorn the loop was closed off. So that means no driving or parking near the student union, library, or current cafe. They won't last always.
Also if a lot of those students that are getting towed are on-campus students then they should parking in a legit location and keep it there for the week. Walk to class whenever the weather permits.

I know, but when a third of the AAC parking lot is taken up by construction, and the Liberal Arts, and Education parking lots are restricted to students, then couple that with a lot of people have cars-- it causes a problem. I just don't like the fact that people are calling the student whiners because the university should make some concessions to alleviate the problems. College students pay tons of money to attend college, all they are asking for is some consistency.

These kids mad cuz they gotta walk over 50 ft to class and they get bent out of shape when the professor asks them to cut their cell phones off during a lecture.

A nation of Titty Babies is what we are raising![/QUOTE]

Stop your whinning and get up off your lazy butts and walk to class. :shame:
If you were to visit any large campus you will see several students riding bikes and scooters. I spent 1 year at Northern Ill. Univ. and when I parked my car in the evnings it stayed there until the next evening when I went to work. Students that commute have to leave home just a liitle bit ealier in order to get a decent parking places. In other words GET OUT THE BED AND HALL YOUR BUTT TO CLASS!!!! You can't expect to arrive on campus at 7;45 for a 8:00 class and expect to get a parking space. Park on the back of campus (Dalton St.) and walk or better yet park at the E-center and take the shuttle. What are you going to do when you have to park in a garage 6 blocks from your job? JSU despite it's growth is still a small campus compared to NIU, Ill. State, or even Ole'Miss and MSU. Find something else to whine about.:bawling:

This reminds me of when I went to Georgia Tech after JSU. My first 3 years at JSU, parking was $5. My senior year, they raised it to $20 and the students wanted to riot...LOL Then I got to Tech and the CHEAPEST parking was $180 and that was waaaaay over at the basketball arena. JSU's campus is not that big so they need to stop beyothcing!!!

I know, but when a third of the AAC parking lot is taken up by construction, and the Liberal Arts, and Education parking lots are restricted to students, then couple that with a lot of people have cars-- it causes a problem. I just don't like the fact that people are calling the student whiners because the university should make some concessions to alleviate the problems. College students pay tons of money to attend college, all they are asking for is some consistency.

I agree with Kendrick it really is no where for them to park I think a lot of you guys are thinking about parking as when you was in school just as when I first got there I could always find a park but with all the constuction there just isn't anywhere to park so I can't say it's a spoiled mouth thing is accomidation thing I work part time at the school and it takes me 30 mins to find a place with a staff decal.

How many students take advantage of the shuttle bus from the E-Center? If that is full, then I'll start feeling sorry for them at JSU.

How many students take advantage of the shuttle bus from the E-Center? If that is full, then I'll start feeling sorry for them at JSU.

You went to JSU when they first started the shuttle system it is horrible Yeah they say they will be going around every 15 mins but they never do with all the new business that are up in the E-center now there isnt many parking spaces over there either but whatever floats there boat. Parking deck would be the easiest solution

Back