JSU president says he is in charge of athletics department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was Wheeler Brown fired?

Influential JSU Alumni persuaded Bynum to fire Brown. .
mod.gif

Last edited:

jsu needs to consider downgrading their football schedule in the future and pick up a few D-2 weak SIAC teams (stay away from Skegee though). Currently they have 7 losses built in. If they fool around and lose to Bama State, AAMU and/or UAPB (which is quite possible) I don't know what's going to happen on Lynch Street. Good thing they were not dumb enough to try and play Grambling though.

Hughes will be gone by the middle of the season, surely by the end.

I'm looking for Hughes to explode at any time after week 3 and choke the living $%&^ out of somebody in Mississippi.....LOL That Mississippi heat is going to be hot as fish grease after week 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bynum doesn't hire an AD this year.

You're probably right. Athletically, under Bynum, Miss. Valley was a doormat in the SWAC.

Bynum removed Brown from his post in December— a decision that was affirmed by the IHL board in February, but Brown has declined his reassignment and is currently going through the school’s internal appeals process.

“Until all that is cleared … and people have made decisions relative to his contract, I’m not going to move,” Bynum said. “I’ll continue to be the acting AD along with my administrative team. My hands are tied until that process runs its course.”

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...athletics-department-jackson-state/453092002/

Last edited:
You're probably right. Athletically, under Bynum, Miss. Valley was a doormat in the SWAC.

This after some respectable Commissioner's Cup finishes.

As I said before, we all know how this story will end so that means we can get the stench of AD Bynum out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back