JSU J-Settes Sponsor fired?

Dr. Tripp

Update: Effective Feb. 27, 2013, Jackson State University Director of Bands Dowell Taylor will serve as interim director of the university’s Prancing J-Settes program. Under his leadership, the program will remain intact and will continue its tradition of performing choreographed dance routines with the Sonic Boom of the South marching band. A search for a new director, which is a part-time position, will begin immediately.

http://www.facebook.com/JacksonState/posts/10151459656357002

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
No.......... Had nothing to do with on field performances. :smh:

That is all I'm going to say. :tup:

Oh ok. I was hoping our schools haven't gotten that petty. You know you have to ask about HBCU's sometimes though. :lol:

Taylor will probably bring Narah Dean Oatis back as interim J-Settes Director.

Photo5.jpg

Last edited:
No.......... Had nothing to do with on field performances. :smh:

That is all I'm going to say. :tup:

Hey, you know you're gunna hafta say that over and over and over again before folks will start believing it....

~~~I heard the same thing~~~

:tup:

She can't change the J-Settes style. How else are we going to get that tingling feeling at a SWAC game? When I marched in Southern's band, we use to lineup on the sideline after a performance, just to watch the J-Settes or the Golden Girls. Although the Dancing Dolls were liked by many and was famous for their dance style, they did nothing for us. But when it came to watching those healthy thick stallions pelvic thrusting right there in front of our face, it was like heaven to us. I guess that's why I could relate to the city wolf/country wolf cartoon below, where the Dancing Dolls were like the city girls or Lil' Red Riding Hood and the J-Settes and Golden Girls were like those country girls that would make a city guy lose his mind:

Last edited:
Man them J-Settes in the early 80's, well 80's period were fine. Them ladies were nice looking!!!

Tell Dowell to go find our homegirl and former Jaycette Teresa Mason wherever she is. LOL. Maybe she can help.

All of them are still right here in jackson.
Teresa, Charlotte, Emberly, etc. :lol:

Teresa owns a couple of Palati's studios. :tup:

Believe me, it was the reverse for us at Alcorn. We looked forward to seeing the Jukebox and we loved watching those pretty, high yellow,fine, long hair dimes Dr. Greggs always presented. The saying in the S.O.D. during my time was the Golden Girls are the ones you want to kick it with, but S.U. Dolls are the ones you want to marry. The cartoon describes the situation exactly.

She can't change the J-Settes style. How else are we going to get that tingling feeling at a SWAC game? When I marched in Southern's band, we use to lineup on the sideline after a performance, just to watch the J-Settes or the Golden Girls. Although the Dancing Dolls were liked by many and was famous for their dance style, they did nothing for us. But when it came to watching those healthy thick stallions pelvic thrusting right there in front of our face, it was like heaven to us. I guess that's why I could relate to the city wolf/country wolf cartoon below, where the Dancing Dolls were like the city girls or Lil' Red Riding Hood and the J-Settes and Golden Girls were like those country girls that would make a city guy lose his mind:

>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Taylor will probably bring Narah Dean Oatis back as interim J-Settes Director.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The J-Settes were a class act under Oatis! I really think Taylor wanted to replace Worthy, because he didn't like what he was seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me, it was the reverse for us at Alcorn. We looked forward to seeing the Jukebox and we loved watching those pretty, high yellow,fine, long hair dimes Dr. Greggs always presented. The saying in the S.O.D. during my time was the Golden Girls are the ones you want to kick it with, but S.U. Dolls are the ones you want to marry. The cartoon describes the situation exactly.

Brave you are right but we had some golden girls that were just flat out OMG!!!! Man who didnt love college?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The J-Settes were a class act under Oatis! I really think Taylor wanted to replace Worthy, because he didn't like what he was seeing.

Worthy is still the sponsor, the President just removed her from investigating a "hazing" incident.

Bad Idea u know how old Otis is? she was over the cheerleaders and was removed from the cheerleaders and they sucked too some people just dont have it like they use too...Either Worthy will be back pending a few things or an ex JSette from the 90's will take over! Thats a fact...

Brave you are right but we had some golden girls that were just flat out OMG!!!! Man who didnt love college?

I must admit we stayed making those trips from Jackson to Lorman...those country Alcorn women...:smh: yes sir :ebrow:

Ehhh sum former jsettes may disagree with u...but she is likely to get it..

I wonder will she take it though if it was offered to her cause to stopped working with the majorettes at Lanier to pursue her PhD. I think she almost finish though.

Bad Idea u know how old Otis is? she was over the cheerleaders and was removed from the cheerleaders and they sucked too some people just dont have it like they use too...Either Worthy will be back pending a few things or an ex JSette from the 90's will take over! Thats a fact...
I must admit we stayed making those trips from Jackson to Lorman...those country Alcorn women...:smh: yes sir :ebrow:

lol but the same can be said bout the jsettes in the 90's, my how time has changed

lol but the same can be said bout the jsettes in the 90's, my how time has changed

Golden Girls of the 80s were smoking. A few of my Jackson, Ms homegirls were down on the Reservation. I met one former GG from the 90s from Milwaukee that lives in Minneapolis when I first moved up to Minnesota. Can't remember her name. She was still bad.

Back