JPD investigates six homicides in 24 hours

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The founder is too busy at her four homes across the country.
Responding to communal violence was never the reason BLM or similar grassroots activist groups were started (though some local orgs do, too).

There are, however, many community groups that specifically deal with violence prevention, but do not get the same notoriety as BLM or individual members do.

But this is ultimately the responsibility of elected officials, law enforcement, the legal system, and longstanding systemic issues that lead to this plague of violence.

Last edited:
Among the many problems causing this according to a lifelong Resident of the City is easy access to as well as TOO MANY GUNS in the hands of people who shouldn't have them!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Jackson sits where I20 (Atlanta - Dallas) and I55 (Chicago - New Orleans) intersect. There is great potential there for good (and bad). The state decided to pull resources to support one group over another.

Jackson doesn't have natural resources (I think) like some cities or sit on the river as a major port so you'd have to have innovative folks create or bring industries to the area (like Atlanta).

Last edited:
What is really going on in Jackson? That city is too small population wise to be creating big city headlines. I gather a lot of it is resource related because of neglect from the state, an eroding tax base, brain drain and failure of moral leadership. I guess my real question is how hard is the business, political, religious, education and community leadership working to solve the problems of Jacksoinians?

What is really going on in Jackson? That city is too small population wise to be creating big city headlines. I gather a lot of it is resource related because of neglect from the state, an eroding tax base, brain drain and failure of moral leadership. I guess my real question is how hard is the business, political, religious, education and community leadership working to solve the problems of Jacksoinians?
Many of the dead were between the ages of 20 to 30. Of the 48 homicides, 42 victims were men. Four victims were 18 years old or younger, with the youngest victim being 14.

In other cases, a family member, partner or a partner's child was the one who pulled the trigger, according to information police have released.

"What we've been seeing is basically the same trend that ended the year," Jackson police spokesperson Sam Brown said. "The majority of our homicides are people that know each other. People that are settling their differences through gun violence."

Interpersonal disputes still on the rise​

Marshand Crisler, a Jackson State University political science professor, said many of the incidents that lead to homicides are between people who know each other.

"It's usually some type of disagreement," Crisler said. "Most of the time it is a very petty disagreement, but sometimes it's very significant, especially if it's dealing with narcotics, quite frankly, or a large level of money, anything of that nature. I think that's what's affecting Jackson."

You wanted a majority black Jackson, now you got it. I know I will catch flack for saying this, but can not turn a blind eye.

This issue is nationwide, whats going in in black cities across america, this isnt unique to Jackson.
Last year, Jackson had 128 murders, a rate higher than Memphis and New Orleans. Nationwide or not, Jackson is too small (population) to have the number of homicides it has. Blacks as a whole are too combative and confrontational. Thoughts, prayers and "putting it in God's hands" isn't going to decrease the murder rate in Jackson. Blacks must learn to respect one another. :(

Last edited:
Philly has over 200.

You wanted a majority black Jackson, now you got it. I know I will catch flack for saying this, but can not turn a blind eye.

What's this supposed to mean? Jackson has been from near 50% to majority black for years.

Stuff that's happening in Jackson is going on in the delta as well. It just doesn't get the same media attention.

Back