JPD investigates six homicides in 24 hours

Not saying it's not a problem, but WE already know what these white politicians are doing and going to continue to do. That's the #1 reason to vote them out the positions. But until then, we should try to educate our own people to make our situation better.
Of course its gone take out own people fixing the problem, the folks in the neighborhood mostly and not just the folks downtown

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - After a no-show last week, people attended the Jackson Police Department’s second conflict resolution class Thursday night.

Jackson is ahead of last year’s record pace of homicides with 61 already this year. The department hopes offering these conflict resolution classes will help curb the city’s crime.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The National Guard? SMH. People calling for the National Guard do not understand that this is not a law enforcement or criminal problem. It is a social, cultural problem that’s driven by economic despair, economic disenfranchisement. Institutionally, governments have to invest in people and communities, and law enforcement or the National Guard can’t do that.

The National Guard? SMH. People calling for the National Guard do not understand that this is not a law enforcement or criminal problem. It is a social, cultural problem that’s driven by economic despair, economic disenfranchisement. Institutionally, governments have to invest in people and communities, and law enforcement or the National Guard can’t do that.

I think the the people who are calling for the National guard are understandably looking for relief. That does not mean that they don't understand the institutional needs in their community. The fact of the matter is; those solutions will take decades so it's not realistic for people who don't want to get shot today or tomorrow in the communities that they are paying taxes to.

I think the the people who are calling for the National guard are understandably looking for relief. That does not mean that they don't understand the institutional needs in their community. The fact of the matter is; those solutions will take decades so it's not realistic for people who don't want to get shot today or tomorrow in the communities that they are paying taxes to.
How long do those calling for the guard realistically think they will stay? And when they leave then what? That's why it's important to address structural issues because the NG is only a band-aid. And violence has surged because elected officials and policymakers have failed to do that.

People aint worried about that, they're calling for the same in ATL. It's the black folks that are being held hostage by the crime... the white folks going about life as usual.

Just driving around Jackson this past spring... It simply looked like a city of no hope.... but driving around Richland and Madison, I got the total opposite feel. I dont know if its leadership or state funding, but something isn't right.

If Jackson can get back to what it was 25 years ago it would be good. I am from Vicksburg. Jackson used to be poppin when we was younger. That was the thing to go to Jackson. Everyone couldn't wait to go to the metro. I did feel that every decent person that lived in Jackson either moved to North Jackson, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Madison, or Ridgeland. I just can't believe what Jackson has came to. Riding around west Jackson, south Jackson, or Medgar Evers Blvd. looks so depressing. All those abandoned buildings that need to be torn down. All of those homeless people.

This is happening all over the country. In Houston, last week, a guy (out on bail) car jack someone, than shortly later on, burst in someone's apartment, shot and killed husband and wife and two of their 3 kids. Only a few blocks from where I reside. Less than 12 hours later, a guy shot his ex girlfriend, killing her and shot her child. Again, out on bail. all black. A few days ago, a guy, who they now said had mental issues, and judge stated should be treated, killed two people in a restaurant. did not know them. People who have no business with guns, are finding them too easy to get hold.

Just driving around Jackson this past spring... It simply looked like a city of no hope.... but driving around Richland and Madison, I got the total opposite feel. I dont know if its leadership or state funding, but something isn't right.

It's both. There are some folks who get into office based on skin color and do nothing for those who vote for them. Then when attempts to get them OUT becomes a battle because folks don't go vote.

In Dallas only 10% of voters vote in the mayor elections. Can you imagine what school board elections look like? Heck we got parts of Dallas that Republicans don't even bother with-because they know they won't win.

Back