John Legend

BandFan said:
Incipience: Man Donnie's CD was the Truth!!!!

Im mad he didnt blow up like I thought he was. My Favorite cuts are Cloud 9, Big Black Buck, Rocketship & Welcome to the Colored Section (extend version), & Benita

I love me some Donnie. :nod: I bought that CD when it first came out.

Re: John Legend...

I've never heard of him until now. I bet if I were in Atl right now, I would have. :rolleyes: :lol:

I will pick it up today. :tup:

BandFan said:
I got it!!!

It cost me $9.99 at BestBuy.
JL is bring TRUE R&B back!!!!!!

"la lalalalalaalal, I used to LOVE you, lalalalalala"

Man, this dude's cd is tight as hell. "She don't have to know" :shame: Damn!!!!!!! :bowdown: Dude made cheatin sound good as hell! :lmao: :lmao:

Just downloaded the cd off of Real Raphosody!

coldsweat said:
Man, this dude's cd is tight as hell. "She don't have to know" :shame: Damn!!!!!!! :bowdown: Dude made cheatin sound good as hell! :lmao: :lmao:

Just downloaded the cd off of Real Raphosody!

Just so you'll know...you're missing a track. I downloaded from Rhapsody before I realized they misnumbered and skipped track 2.

Venom Skywalker said:
Just so you'll know...you're missing a track. I downloaded from Rhapsody before I realized they misnumbered and skipped track 2.

Damn! :redhot: So I gotta buy the cd now! :shame: Oh well!

coldsweat said:
Damn! :redhot: So I gotta buy the cd now! :shame: Oh well!

Believe me...I feel your pain. I've been trying to find a way to contact them and let them know about the error. Hoping they put it up soon then I can just download that one song and recreate the CD.

I had this cd over a month ago... I didnt know it hadnt even dropped. I download and burn whole cd's from a certain website and that is where I got this one from.

Aint it.

He isnt talking about the CRAP half of these so called R&B artist are talking about.

I cant stop playing "She dont have to know". "....Damn its stressfull doing the DIRT we do" - :eek:

BandFan said:
Aint it.

He isnt talking about the CRAP half of these so called R&B artist are talking about.

I love the cd, but I can't agree with you here. He still talks about the same stuff...love, sex, cheating, relationships...it's just that his music is better and he is more talented.

Im glad to see that other people besides me have taken in interest in John Legend besides myself. He really is a good artist; the Ordinary People track is for real.

Man I got the CD on Tuesday and it is great. I love she don't havre to know and get lifted. I'm not feeling the song with Snoop, but that may just be my snoop bias!!!

I also picked up the Talib Kweli CD, the Beautiful Struggle. It is about time he had the production to go with the lyrics. He has a song with John Legend on his CD that is a banger as well.......

My sis-in-law picked it up for me at Circuit City for $7.99. I haven't had a chance to give it a listen yet. I'll do so tomorrow. I really like Ordinary People. I've heard it several times over the past couple weeks on the radio.

I finally picked up that cd. It is really good. My mama even likes. She's like who is that, sounds good.

I just finished listening to the entire CD without any interruptions. Wow! That brotha does a good job on those tracks. I reallly like Number One, So High, Ordinary People, and Let's Get Lifted Again.

Ok, FINALLY I have the CD!!. I?ve been playing it all weekend! It is truly a breath of fresh air. I never realized he was the same dude who sang Used to Love U and I don?t think I ever knew the name of that song. I never put 2 and 2 together. Duh.

I feel like I?m so behind in knowing anything about this guy?I know you guys have been talking about him for months. If it weren?t for you guys, I?d know nothing about him! I saw him on 106 and Park the other day.

I really like I Can Change, Let?s Get Lifted, It?s Cold Outside and It Don?t Have To Change.

On track 9, Stay With You, he reminds me a ?little? of Van Hunt, at least the melody of that song. That song also sounds like it could be on a Smokie Robinson CD.

I agree w/Jag4Life?he?s really talking about the same stuff, it?s just that he has much better talent and a better producer than some of these other folks. I like his style though and I like the fact that he WRITES his own songs and PLAYS his own instruments.

I?m not really into the all the cheating songs though? :rolleyes:

BandFan said:
Is anyone else out there FEELING this young artist.

I've been to 2 of his concerts here in St. Louis, and he has REPRESENTED both times. I believe his album is droping in December some time.

Some of his tightest songs are:
Selffish (remix)
She Dont have to know :tup:
Get Lifted
So High
Do what I Gotta Do

John Legend is the TRUTH folx.
www.johnlegend.com

"Refuge" and "Live it Up" are my favorite tracks, but this is prolly the most thorough album I've heard since Anthony Hamilton.

I got this CD just because I like "Ordinary People" and "Used to Love You." After I listened to it, I put a place for it in the special section of my CD case where my heavy rotation CDs go. It's still in my CD player. I might have to get another one to listen to while I'm at work!

I listen to the Acoustic version that I got from him personally at the job and keep that Kanye cuts in the car.

Listening to "Do What I Gotta Do" (accoustic version) now.

:tup:

Back